Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 Balanced Fun/Competitive Plain SM

219 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DogofWar1 
#1 ·
Looking for opinions on this list, weaknesses, obvious holes, etc. Thanks in advance.

Chaplain w/ Melta Bombs - 105

Scouts x10 w/ Telion as Sgt - 200

Tactical Squad w/ Melta Bombs - 175

Rhino Transport - 35

Inducted Power Armored Grey Knights x9 w/ 2 Incinerators - 270

Dreadnaught w/ TL-Lascannon, Missile Launcher - 145

Dreadnaught w/ Assault Cannon, CC arm, Heavy Flamer - 125

Drop Pod for DN w/ Assault Cannon - 35

Attack Bikes x3, 2w/ Heavy Bolters, 1 w/ Multi-Melta - 130

Landspeeders x3, 2w/ Typhoon Missile Launchers and Heavy Bolters, 1 w/ Typhoon
Missile Launcher and Multi Melta - 280

Fundamental Strategy:
Dreadnaught in Drop pod will come down either a) behind enemy lines near a crucial enemy unit (use it to pop a bunch of lootas or dark reapers or the like) or b) near my front lines to act as another weapon on the line.
PAGKs get into the Rhino along with the Chaplain and rove towards enemy objectives / important infantry units.
Tactical Squads and Scout squads remain at home holding the fort along with the LR Dreadnaught.
Attack Bikes are mid to short range pitbulls and the Land Speeders are the Long Range bombardment teams. I might break off the MM/ TML Landspeeder into its own unit for the purpose of bringing it in from deep strike should I need a late game pick me up.

Obvious weaknesses: Not a ton of melta, so the tri-raider list would prove troublesome. Pretty much anything with lots of heavy armor could be problematic in my view. Not a lot of infantry either, which could backfire on my against more mobile opponents.

See less See more
#3 ·
no heavy hitters? i mean as in nothing in the army can really rip through an elite squad, except the land speeders maybe, but they are very fragile and they are more easily destroyed when in squadrons because immobilished in squadrons count as wrecked results no matter how far they did or didn't move.

Maybe like a sternguard or terminators with a land raider would help to toughen up this list.
The land raider and terminators also help to give a psycological boast ^^ and make the enemy drop their faces whether they have 16 lascannons twin-linked or not ^^. lol
thanks
antique_nova

#4 ·
Forgot to mention, the scouts all have sniper rifles and one has a ML.

As far as heavier hitters are concerned, they just seem to be too expensive to fit into the list. Termies are 200 base, and to effectively get them towards the enemy I would have to invest another 250 into a LR. In a 1500 list its just too expensive imo. As far as sternguard go, I could fit them in, but I would have to drop a bunch of stuff, and I'm not really sure if it would be worth the trade off.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE sternguard. In my 2500 list I pull Kantor and Sternguard (and Moondrakken and Bikes for a wonderfully cheesy combo), but in 1500 I felt I needed to go on the cheap, considering they wouldn't be scoring units in the list unless I dished out even more for Kantor.

I still have a plethora of AP4 and AP3 weapons, and though the lack of AP2 or AP1 (and PWs) could bite me in the butt, in reality about 75% of stuff in the game dies at the hands of AP4 stuff, and most of the other stuff drops with AP3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.