1000 point list (2nd Try) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point list (2nd Try)

Company Command Squad (75)
    - 1 senior Officer
    - 1 veteran w/ special weapon (I have all 5 options available)
    - 1 veteran w/ vox-caster
    - 2 veterans go towards the heavy weapon team (M. Launcher)
    - another option i wasw thinking was 3 veterans with G. Launchers

-INFANTRY PLATOON- (175)
    Platoon Command Squad
    - 1 Junior Officer
    - 1 plain Guardsman
    - 1 Guardsman w/ vox-caster
    - 2 Guardsmen towards the heavy weapon squad (heavy bolter/ auto cannon/ lascannon)

Infantry Squad
    - 1 Sergeant
    - 7 plain Guardsmen
    - 2 Guardsmen towards the heavy weapon squad (heavy bolter/ auto cannon/ lascannon)

Infantry Squad
    - 1 Sergeant
    - 7 plain Guardsmen
    - With all these squads I am wanting to leave naked, except for the Heavy wepon

Veterans (105/135 w carapace or cloaks)
    - 1 Veteran Sergeant
    - 5 Plain Veterans
    - 2 Veterans w/ Melta Guns

- 1 Veteran Sergeant
    - 5 Plain Veterans

=I= Storm troopers (allied) (100)
    10 Storm Troopers

Scout Sentinel (40)
    - Heavy Flame

Leman Russ Battle Tank (150)
    - Heavy Bolter
    - Battle Cannon

Leman Russ Demolisher (165)
    - Heavy Flamer
    - Demolisher Cannon

- I also have a Chimera too add to any of the squads, which ever one would be best suited i geuss? not sure what to do with it though.

All of this comes to 970, not counting any carapace or camo for the vets.
    any ideas?
    ----------
    um, not sure why i have cyclopes smiles, any way they are suppsed to be 0's as in 150

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the list looks pretty solid, although i'm scratching my head at how the blazes you fit that into 1000 points. Any how here is little on what i think, one unit unit at a time.

But before that, a note of heavy weapons: mortars are cheap goodness, lascannons are an near necessity (depending how you deal with armor/monsters) and heavy bolters are pretty handy. Missile launchers have there uses but should be left on the side lines, but autocannons and the other hand are your workhorse. with a decent strength and shot output they can be pretty nasty, i recommend atleast half of your hvy weapons to be autocannons.

Company Command Squad (75)
    - 1 senior Officer
    - 1 veteran w/ special weapon (I have all 5 options available)
    - 1 veteran w/ vox-caster
    - another option i wasw thinking was 3 veterans with G. Launchers
    simple and effective, your better of keeping this guys in the rear guard so avoid taking things that would make you want to move them up, like those G. Launchers. A heavy weapon team is sound but i'll caution against the missile launcher, but it doesnt really matter at this point. Give them the chimera

-INFANTRY PLATOON- (175)
    Platoon Command Squad
    - 1 Junior Officer
    - 1 plain Guardsman
    - 1 Guardsman w/ vox-caster

Infantry Squad
    - 1 Sergeant
    - 7 plain Guardsmen

Infantry Squad
    - 1 Sergeant
    - 7 plain Guardsmen
    - With all these squads I am wanting to leave naked, except for the Heavy wepon
    good good but time for some choosing, on one hand: them vox caster are now useful, but on the other they are soaking up points (no matter how few) were you could place them elsewhere (vets). for example you could give each squad a special weapon guy and add to your mobile fire power for when sitting and shooting isnt favorable (or you could leave them naked, no biggy)

- 1 Veteran Sergeant
    - 5 Plain Veterans

- 1 Veteran Sergeant
    - 5 Plain Veterans
    although i like the missile/melta gun combo, you could be saving points with an autocannon and a step closer to upgrades. as for either carapace or cloaks, experiment with it and pick what you like.

=I= Storm troopers (allied) (100)
    10 Storm Troopers
    Inqui stormies, interesting touch lol. consider special weapons?

Scout Sentinel (40)
    - Heavy Flame

Leman Russ Battle Tank (150)
    - Heavy Bolter
    - Battle Cannon

Leman Russ Demolisher (165)
    - Heavy Flamer
    - Demolisher Cannon
    and armoured sentinal might be better, where you could use him as a cc element to tying up things threating your squads.sponsons are handy but pricey, just throwing that out there.

all in all its unique and i hope i gave you some ideas to play around with before you set that list in stone.

quick edit: totally forgot this but if your still looking for the 3 G launcher package it would find a nice home with the PLATOON command squad

cheers!
    ~sonu
    Last edited by sonu236; September 12th, 2009 at 06:07. Reason: poor memory
    "In the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed man is king"
    "Pray to the emperor, but keep rowing to the shore!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sonu236 makes alot of really good points for this list. Auto cannons galore in the squads and a grenade happy PCs are solid choices. Giving your line squads an auto cannon and a grenade launcher would help them out alot.
    I would drop the vox net entirely for a Regimental Standard. Then with a lascannon in your CCs you have a strong orders giving unit that can deal out some support on it's own.
    The storm troopers can support the Demolisher but they do need some special weapons. I'd use plasma just to cross the middle ground between the Demolishers H flamer and the cannon.
    The 40 pts you have invested in the sentinel I fear are a bit wasted. It's your only scout unit so it's up front and unsupported if it's on the table to start with. Or flanking it reduces the crazy effeectiveness of flanking autocannon. Sentinels are really cool but in this list I'd drop it entirely to free up some points.
    For the veterans it seems like they're being deployed in a similar way to the platoon and if that's the case just use two more Infantry squads. Or dump the PCs and just have four line veteran squads backed by the CCs. For this dump one of the squads and kit the other in your chimera with triple melta. Lots of people are incensed by this but it is really effective and fills a niche that is lacking in your list currently. Fast moving anti-tank, objective grabbing cannot be denied and veterans flourish in this use.
    Lastly the LRBT needs some sponsons. I'd set it up with the infantry to give your CCs cover. Let the squads support it and keep it from getting deep struck. Then give it HB sponsons and go to town.

Hope this was helpful

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

pressing the enter button a few times would make it alot easier on the eyes and the head ^^.lol
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is a Regimental standard better than a vox network?
    I am very new to the gaurd so im just wondering why

also would my CCS be more effective if i gave it 4 special wepons as oppsed to a vox and missile launcher
    if i gave them like grenade launchers or plasma gus i would march them up with my Vet squads. in time i am planning on givving each vet squad a chimera aswell

+ Reply to Thread