1000 pts mostly infantry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts mostly infantry

this is my 1000 pts army,

HQ-CCS W/carapace, MoO

Eilte-marbo
    -3 ratlings

Troops-vets 1 W/ 3 granade launchers, autocannon, carapace
    -vets 2 W/ 3 granade launchers, missile launcher, carapace
    -vets 3 W/ 3 meltas, carapace
    -vets 4 W/ 2 flamers, heavy flamer, powerfist, shotguns, carapace

Fast Attack-Armoured Sentinal W/ heavy flamer
    -Armoured Sentinal W/ heavy flamer

Heavy Support-colossus

995 pts

thinking of replacing the autocannon and carapace in vets 1 with harker.

what do you think?

all you south aussies out there, JOIN OUR GROUP!!!
    please? :)
    sa gamers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    If these guys are staying still grab them Camo cloaks over the Carapace. Hide them in cover or behind friendly troops. also don;t waste their BS4. Grab some gun for them, an Autocannon would do. MoO is very inacurate and if you're not facing a hoard army i'd drop him and use the points else where as he'll never hit anything.

ELITES:
    Marbo = Good
    3 Ratling, loose these, they're an easy kill point and Sniper Rifles aren't great. Use the points to get some guns or put towards some mroe bodies.

TROOPS:
    Vets 1&2: Good but again, grab Camo Cloaks for these boys. hiding these boys in Cover to get that lovely 3+ Cover save.
    Wouldn't a Platoon be better here? It's more bodies so will be harder to take down. Plus with Orders from the CCS the BS difference doesn't really make a Difference.

Vets 3: Without a Transport these guys are Dead. Walking towards tanks will only get them shot to death. If you want some tank killers grab some Autocannon Scout sentinels and out flank them, that should be enough to tackle any Armour you come up against.

Vets4: Again with no transport these guys will just be shot to death before your enemy commits to an assault. The H-Flamer is very over priced for what you get over a normal Flamer. Powerfist is a bit of a waste here. I've got a squad JUST like these guys and my powerfist never does anything. Take if from me, when these guys get in flamer range they die next turn. a PCS or a Platoon Assault squad would be better at this.

I think you'd be better off with maybe a Platoon to sit back and give fire support and then maybe an infiltrating Vet squad with harker or some Vets in Chimeras to grab objectives.

FAST:
    Get the Scout sentinel a friend and give them autocannons. Flanking str7 shots cna cause some real grief to enemy armour.
    Armoured Sentinel is good at holding up assaulters and as a tar pit you don;t really get much better. However i'd keep the Multilaser so it can kill things from afar.

HEAVY:
    Good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've come up with a few ideas

No. 1
    PHP Code:
    HQ
    110 CCS
    -autocannon,MoO,camo cloaks

Eiltes
    65 marbo

Troops
    140 vets 1
    -3 grenade launchers,harker
    130 vets 2
    -3 grenade launchers,missile launchercamo cloaks
    335 inf platoon

(65pcs-4 flamerspowerfist

(65inf sqd 1-autocannon,grenade launcher

(65inf sqd 2-autocannon,grenade launcher

Fast Attack
    60 armoured sent
    -heavy flamer
    60 armoured sent
    -heavy flamer
    120 3 scout sents
    -autocannon

Heavy Support
    140 colossus 
    No. 2
    PHP Code:
    HQ
    110 CCS
    -autocannon,MoO,camo cloaks

Eiltes
    65 marbo

Troops
    140 vets 1
    335 inf platoon

(65pcs-4 flamerspowerfist

(65inf sqd 3-autocannon,grenade launcher

(90heavy weapon sqd-3 missile launchers

Fast Attack
    60 armoured sent
    -heavy flamer
    60 armoured sent
    -heavy flamer
    80 2 scout sents
    -autocannon

Heavy Support
    140 colossus 
    what do you think?
    sa gamers

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I like the lists core but you have some very ineffectual units. Armored Sentinels with HFs? Those won't be firing for at least the first two turns, that's a waste. Get a ranged gun on there so you're shooting and making them a threat right away.

Your PCS with Flamers, a small vulnerable unit who's slow and using templates. If you want to use them like this, get a Chimera. It will pay for itself with the assistance it lends. Otherwise run them with an Autocannon naked.

Your CCS has a MoO and an Autocannon. Those don't typically fire at the same targets and a MoO will disappoint in a lot of games. It's to hit or miss for my points, an Astropath bringing Marbo in sooner would pay off more reliably.

Your Platoons look good, I'd run a Standard in the CCS so they don't run however, very important for a foot army.

I like the Harker solo Veteran unit. They are a good surprise and can do damage, also firther making the case for an Astropath over a MoO. All GLs is a great horde bashing unit and you can threaten rear armor easily with Outflanking.

I see the outline of a solid list but you need to re-tool a lot of units imo.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right, forgot the MoO and Autocannon had to fire at the same unit.

so...
    PHP Code:
    HQ
    100 CCS
    -MoO,camo cloaks

Eiltes
    65 marbo

Troops
    140 vets 1
    310 inf platoon

(40pcs-autocannon

(65inf sqd 3-autocannon,grenade launcher

(90heavy weapon sqd-3 missile launchers

Fast Attack
    60 armoured sent
    -heavy flamer
    60 armoured sent
    -heavy flamer
    120 3 scout sents
    -autocannon

Heavy Support
    140 colossus 

...something like that?
    the heavy flamer sents have done me good in the past. one takeing out 10 avengers, a wound of a farseer and killer their waveserpent in one shot. It was a bit of luck, but I can drop him after that.
    sa gamers

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

No offence, but i hate reading your list like that.

Hq
    good, maybe some grenade launchers if you can spare them? 2 at max or even snipers.

Elites
    lol 007 good

troops
    good, except you don't need harker and a squad of vetereans wit 3x meltas is the best combo you can get for your list and in most cases every list.

fast attack.

as you said, it had luck.
    I would advise you to drop all the sentinels, and get one vendetta and one valkyrie with the left over points from the vet squad when you take out harker and put in mletas. the troops can go in the vendettas/valkyires and be much more mobile and more of a threat.

both of the ships can take a free move! ( not a free turn ) before anyone takes there first turn or they can outflank. which will really help your melta vets should you take them.

Heavy support

Good choice on the colossus.

Army overall

you lack anti-tank alot of anti-tterminator and anti-monstrous creature weapons. the lascannons annd melta guns that i proposed for your list would help to fill that gap nicely.

I agree on the astropath as well, you already have a collosuss to snuff out anyone hiding so take the astropath if you want to have a bigger chance of maarbo arriving early and making a bigger impact on the games you will be playing.

Don't just listen to my advice, the prince of excess provides very good advice that i don't have time to look over or will power to evaluate for every post

hope that helps

thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont really want to at the valk and vendetter. They dont fit into my fluff and thats $166! And the sents are very fluffy.

Is prince pointed out, melta vets are need a transport, and I dont want any, for fluff and I just want to play an infantry army.

Is and astropath really worth if just for marbo, or would it be better to have a officer of the fleet instead? or no advisers?
    sa gamers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'd go none of Astropath. The Astropath ALWAYS helps you, the Officer sometimes hinders the enemy. Not every player has Outflanking or Reserves, most don't. Also an Astropath helps with your own Scout Sentinels, so even better.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about anti termi? any quick fix? I know everyone says plasma cannons on sents is a wast but...?
    sa gamers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

You have Marbo. Where's the problem? Toss a Demo Charge on them. Lasguns are also amazing with FRFSRF, you'd be surprised how much Lasguns can hurt small units.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast