1500 all round list what do think - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 all round list what do think

HQ company comander
    4 vet with plasma gun medic regimental standard vox
    1 Chimera ML HB dozer blade
    troop 1
    vet squad carapace armour power weapon 2 meltas 1 flamer vox
    vet squad 2 carapace armour power weapon 2 plasma guns 1 greande luncher
    plasma pistol
    2nd platoon HQ melta vox
    squad 1 flamer
    squad 2 flamer
    squad3 melta commissar vox
    squad 4 melta
    1Hell hound with smoke
    1 Leman russ with HB BC
    2 Basilisks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off you're double stacking alot of equipment. Vets can only carry one of the special add-ons so plasma gun or vox and standard or medi pack sorta thing.

CCs
    Medi pack is too much points and the Chimera will protect these guys fine. Plasma is good stuff and would be preferential to both the medi pack and the vox caster. The standard is good but depends on wether you stay mobile (suggeste instead 4x plasma guns) to support vets or are using the chimera as a bunker to support the line(change to a heavy weapon and standard).

Both chimeras should have a Heavy Flamer instead of the heavy bolter. On the run you should only be firing the Laser anyways and the flamer gives your army more options, it's free and fills an important roll that is lacking in your list (see troops).
    Now ditch the Dozer. Not worth its points in the slightest. All the chimera upgrades are pretty worthless (for sooth if we had ork prices).

Vets
    Both squads should pick one weapon type and stick to it. Mixing and matching works well for marines but bombs with guard. Carapace is a waste as they're using the chimera for protection. And they can't use vox because they're mounted and need to stay in their vehicle. Give both squads a chimera by dumping carapce and voxes and use points left over from CCS upgrades. Also dump the pistol.

Platoon
    Either vox the whole thing (including CCS) or no one.

You;re flying platoon should ditch the flamers for grenade launchers. They'll never get close enough to use em and your flame should be on your faster moving vehicles that have better flame.

Melta is a bomb at BS3 and even with orders will never get close to tanks. Use your mounted vets for tank hunting. Better to have GL or GL and AC

Hell hound is cool and the tank is a good distraction but smoke I could ditch for upgrades else where. (only useful if he is shaken as he should be able to run some thing down first turn.

A leman russ with sponsons costs more than a Demolisher. It has to sit still and is middling at taking down hordes. nigh superflous against MEQ. If your CCS was unmounted I'd hide them behind it to cover the platoons line but other wise upgrade and advance.
    In much the same way your heavy artillery is doing very little and the minimum range is an insurmountable handicap. Better IMO to turn your heavies into three demolishers or one demolisher and one executioner with plasma sponson.

Hope this helped.
    Last edited by Luckee; September 15th, 2009 at 00:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ company comander
    It is true that you cant have that many special upgrades, a quick fix could be:
    - 2 Veterans with plasma guns
    -1 Veteran with medic
    -1 Veteran with vox caster (you could have this or the standard, i personally don't like the standard but that choice is yours)

The Dozer Blade is not a very good option unless you are plain city fight or other heavy terrain games, If you just have it for the looks than thats fine, i think they add a lot to the tank in looks, if you want the blade for that reason you could use sticky tac so for tournaments

troop 1
    What is this squads role, It seems like they are your "anti assaulter role" witheh meltas to weaken them and then the flamer and then the charge/ rapid fire.

Same

vet squad 2 carapace armour power weapon 2 plasma guns 1 greande luncher
    plasma pistol
    This squad has me a little stumped, what are they gonna do, before i give my $0.02

2nd platoon HQ melta vox
    squad 1 flamer
    squad 2 flamer
    squad 4 melta
    Same question, what are you trying to do with these guys, why do you not have many heavy weapons?

1Hell hound with smoke
    Is Smoke an absolute need? that 5 points could go with the other points saved form the CCS dropping plasma guns towards purchasing some heavy weapons for a few squads

1 Leman russ with HB BC
    A good LRBT is a staple for many guard armies.

2 Basilisks
    I dont think you will have trouble with the fire arcs, they will be helpful in taking over far off objectives. Also if you put them in each table corner, they will actually cover each
    others lack of range when under 36"

Thats just my thoughts on this list, have you gotten to play test with it yet?
    This kid evan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by cundo View Post
    HQ company comander
    Regimental Standards don't work while in a chimera. Medic is overpriced and the chimera should be enough protection. Vox is being wasted as your line squads do not have any decent heavy weapons to use orders on. The dozer blade is also unnecessary.

I'm not a fan of plasma on the CCS, mostly because you don't have as many wounds to burn through and any extra ablative wounds for the Commander is a good thing. Your choice on the matter though.

troop 1
    Drop grenadiers, the power weapon, and the vox. You will die quickly in CC so the power weapon honestly isn't worth it, you already have the chimera and the carapace is overpriced, and voxes don't work while you are mounted up. I'd also take a third meltagun instead of the flamer. Keep these guys dedicated to threatening tanks and high Toughness/Armor targets

[quote[vet squad 2 carapace armour power weapon 2 plasma guns 1 greande luncher
    plasma pistol[/quote]

Same as above and drop the plasma pistol and don't mix special weapons, their combat roles are contradicting otherwise. I'd honestly stick these guys in a chimera, vets in the open even with carapace will get mowed down quickly and if you stick them in cover they already get the +4 save. Ditch grenadiers, not worth it.

2nd platoon HQ melta vox
    squad 1 flamer
    squad 2 flamer
    squad 4 melta
    Load the PCS up with special weapons. Both the flamer squads and melta squads are useless in my opinion. You don't have transports to get them up close to actually do something. You also have no heavy weapons in any of your troops (save one meltagun veteran squad that is going to die very quickly) to threaten transports and tanks.

Voxes really aren't doing you any good with the current set-up.

1Hell hound with smoke
    Sexy

1 Leman russ with HB BC
    Can work for you, but be willing to play around with the variants.

2 Basilisks
    Can't tell if these are squadron, but rule of thumb is that you shouldn't. Basilisks aren't all that great, the minimum range for indirect fire sucks and direct fire means the enemy can see the open-topped AV 12.

EDIT:

Sorry, had to bail before I could finish. Anywho, what is your strategy and how are you running the platoons? It might have change my opinion on some units.

Overall you are lacking anti-tank and anti-transport. Mechanized lists are going to walk all over you. Heavy weapons in the line squads will help you a ton. Getting rid of a lot of less than uselful upgrades will free you up a ton of points to get more units on the field.
    Last edited by Hockeyman506; September 15th, 2009 at 17:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you all so much,you have been very help full I will make a new list with all you addvice.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

please don't spam lists
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    please don't spam lists
    It's not his intendtion. His oriniginal post was in the Normal Guard bit by mistake. So he wrote another one here. Unfortunantly Rabbit (Mod) moved his original post rather than deleting it, Hence the Duplication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new updated list

Thank you all for your advice
    1st wave to take objectives

HQ CC power fist just because I like it
    2 plasma guns vox medic
    In Chimera ML HF

Troop 1
    Vets 3 meltas
    Chimera ML HF

Troop2
    Vets 3 Plasma guns
    Chimera ML HF

Troop3 to Take out units in cover
    Vet 2 flamers I hev Flamer
    Chimera

1 hellhound

2nd gun line to support 1st wave
    Platoon HQ
    Auto cannon vox Commissar
    Squad1 Las Cannon vox
    squad2 las Cannon vox
    Squad 3 lasCannon vox All Combined

2 leman russ tanks HB BC 1 Hydra tank
    5 ratlings

1495 pts
    Last edited by cundo; September 17th, 2009 at 20:26.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by cundo View Post
    Thank you all for your advice
    1st wave to take objectives

HQ CC power fist just because I like it
    2 plasma guns vox medic
    In Chimera ML HF
    I'd drop the medic and powerfist (honestly, when are you ever going to use it?). Vox, eh could be useful could have the points better spent. I prefer decking the CCS out with as many special weapons as possible.

Troop 1
    Vets 3 meltas
    Chimera ML HF

Troop2
    Vets 3 Plasma guns
    Chimera ML HF

Troop3 to Take out units in cover
    Vet 2 flamers I hev Flamer
    Chimera
    Good. Good. And interesting, I know some people are fans of the x3 flamer or x2 flamer/heavy flamer combo, but I'm loathe to waste the BS4 and feel the hellhound does better for a similar price. See if these guys work for you, consider throwing in demolitions. If not, switch these guys over to melta.

1 hellhound
    Excellent

2nd gun line to support 1st wave
    Platoon HQ
    Auto cannon vox Commissar
    Squad1 Las Cannon vox
    squad2 las Cannon vox
    Squad 3 lasCannon vox All Combined
    I'd say move the commissar over to one of the line squads and throw a pair of grenade launchers with the PCS. Looks good to me.

2 leman russ tanks HB BC
    1 Hydra tank
    Okay, would switch out the LRBT for demolishers.

5 ratlings
    Not a fan of these guys. There are to many things out there with high leadership or special rules that make pinning pretty useless.

Not bad overall, and the only thing that really doesn't make sense to me is the powerfist. Everything else is just my preference.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    Good, Powerfist i can understand. It's a fluff thing. Are these guys staying back and issuing orders? Just wondering. If not ditch the Vox, If they're staying back then fine.
    Ditch the Medic. FNP against over heats is nice but you can afford 2 more plasma with that.

TROOPS:
    Melta Vets - Good
    Plasma Vets - Good
    Flamer Vets - Heavy Flamer is expensive for what you get over a normal flamer. You've got a H-Flamer on your Chimera anyway. I'd turn this into another Melta Vet Squad.

Platoon - Move the Commissar into the Infantry squads. Also if the Infantry Squads are combining you only need one Vox for the whole 30 man Blob.
    This only really seems worth it when you've got a CCS near by to issue the Bring it down Order. Spending over 200pts on 3 non twinlinked Lascannons maybe a bit excesive. How about just give them Autocannons and keep them slaughtering infantry and popping transports. There's better things for knocking out Monstrous creatures and Heavy Tanks.

HEAVY:
    I'd swap these for Demolishers too. These guys have shorter range but that only really matters in the first turn after that, most things are in range. These guys can be your heavy tank killers. They do it better than Lascannons.

ELITES:

These guys are an easy kill point and they'll never acheive much. Use the points getting the upgrades you need. Hell you could get a nekkid CCS with that to hang back with the Platoon and issue orders to the Platoon. You could turn the Plasma CCS into a Plasma Vet squad giving you another mobile scoring unit. any left over points you've got can go to getting the new 'sit back' CCS some guns.

I wrote a Quick list, this is kinda what i mean

CCS - 80pts
    Powerfist, 2 G-Launchers, Vox

Platoon - 290pts
    PCS - Autocannon
    INF - Commissar, Vox Lascannon
    INF - Lascannon
    INF - Lascannon

VETS 1 - 155pts
    3 Melta, Chimera

VETS 1 - 155pts
    3 Melta, Chimera

VETS 2 - 170pts
    3 Plasma, Chimera

VETS 2 - 170pts
    3 Plasma, Chimera

Hydra x 2 - 150pts
    Demolisher, Hull H-Flamer - 165pts
    Demolisher, Hull H-Flamer - 165pts
    Last edited by Lord Borak; September 18th, 2009 at 08:45.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast