1.5k list. Comments & Ideas needed. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

1.5k list. Comments & Ideas needed.

HQ

(175)-Kantor

ELITES

(235)-5 Terminators : Cyclone missile launchers, chain fist
    (125)-1 Dreadnought : Missile launcher / Assault cannon
    (175)-5 Sternguards : Razorback / Combi-melta x2

TROOPS

(240 )-10 Tacticals : Power sword /combi melta /melta bomb /
    melta gun / missile launcher / drop pod
    (80 )-5 Scouts : Bolter pistol / melta bomb
    (140 )-10 Scouts : Bolter guns

FAST ATTACK

(240 )-10 Scout bikers : Locator beacon / melta bomb
    (50 )-Land speeder storm : heavy bolter
    (90 )-Land speeder : Typhoon

1425 total.

Got 75 point which i don't know what to do with. Either add equipment or vehicle option to already existing entries. Or add some more bodies on the field. I'd like peoples take on that.

The focus of this list is infiltration and speed:

Kantor will probably join in with the drop pod tactical when fighting range armies. Scouts will move in and rapid fire. What isn't dead will be finished of by my dreadnought, terminators and land speeder typhoon providing extra fire power where needed. Scout bikers will move in close combat to cause line of sight issues or take down strategic units.

Against melee oriented lists, ill try and use combat squading and/or ATSKNF to stall any advance. Picking off units with a more combined method of range attacks, and dices god willing: An orbital strike. Terminators & sternguards will be used to deter or finish off any unit that gets too close.

With 6 missile launcher shot (And one assault cannon) i can pick out armor 12 and lower rather easily. Anything 13 and above will get 4 melta shot , though 3 of them are one shot only (I'm considering adding a multi-melta to something to compensate this). High armor vehicles will also be the target of a few close combat option: Chain fist, melta bomb. The key idea is to get behind to the lower armor value of course. With multiple outflanking option, i can still play defensively till the moment is right.

Body count:

-46 Wounds.
    -5 Armored.
    -Up to 6 scoring units.
    -Kill points 10

Last edited by seismic; September 15th, 2009 at 01:46.
    "The things that appear are a vision of the unseen"
    -Anaxagoras of Clazomenae

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    HQ
    (175)-Kantor

He's good.

ELITES

(235)-5 Terminators : Cyclone missile launchers, chain fist
    (125)-1 Dreadnought : Missile launcher / Assault cannon
    (175)-5 Sternguards : Razorback / Combi-melta x2

Drop the Dreadnought for another unit of Sternguard. They shoot better overall and can score, they're also faster. I'd get at least 3 Combi Meltas per unit, they're great.

TROOPS

(240 )-10 Tacticals : Power sword /combi melta /melta bomb /
    melta gun / missile launcher / drop pod
    (80 )-5 Scouts : Bolter pistol / melta bomb
    (140 )-10 Scouts : Bolter guns

Either give the Scouts Snipers/HB or drop them. Snipers and a HB let them wound MCs and pin gun units like IG. Right now they're useless.

Drop the Combi and Melta Bombs in your Tactical Squad. Get them a PF and you're good, they're dropping they WILL need it. Drop the 5 man Scout unit and try to get another Tactical Squad in a Pod or Rhino. Personally I'd go Rhino, this isn't a Drop list so why use multiple Pods?

FAST ATTACK

(240 )-10 Scout bikers : Locator beacon / melta bomb
    (50 )-Land speeder storm : heavy bolter
    (90 )-Land speeder : Typhoon

Lessen the Scout Bikers, you have to many. They're a hit and run/suicide beacon unit so don't waste a ton on them. I'd go Speeders with HF/MM, it can really hurt tanks or hordes and it's cheap. Get 2 of those in different squads.

1425 total.
    Your list needs a better focus. A 2nd Tac Squad and giving those Scouts better guns would really help. 2 Sternguard and 1 Rhino SM Squad backed by a Drop Pod is good moving force, especially with Speeders and Bikes tying up small gun units. Scouts can stay home and provide Pinning if you're lucky.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread