1500 Grey Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

1500 Grey Knights

HQ:
    Brother-Captain - 61
    Terminator Retinue x4 - incinerator 199

Troops:
    Grey Knight Squad x8 - incinerator 235
    Grey Knight Squad x8 - incinerator 235

Heavy Support:
    Land Raider Crusader - smoke launchers 258
    Land Raider - extra armor 255
    Land Raider - extra armor 255

Total:

Last edited by slobulous; September 16th, 2009 at 19:21.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Looks simple enough. Sadly that's the problem with pure GK. I would recommend dropping a PAGK from each squad and adding an Incinerator to your GM, 1 GKT, and 1 to each PAGK squad. That'll leave you with 7 points left, which means you could put an ausepx into each squad and mess up any infiltrators with lascannons.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Not bad, but kinda risky. If you happen to get a seize ground mission, you're at a disadvantage with only 2 troop choices.

With 3 LR's, you can't really afford a GM. I'd replace him+retinue for GKBC + 4 GKT's w/ incinerator.

I'd also remove 1 PAGK and get 2x incinerators for each squad. You should have 8pts leftover.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

Replaced the Grand Master with a Brother-Captain, and used the spare points to add another GKT with an incinerator. I think this gives it more punch in both the shooting and assault phase. I don't want incinerators in the PAGKs because they lose their Nemesis.

I am also considering changing one of the standard Land Raiders to a Crusader. I lose 2 twin-linked lascannons, but I gain a multi-melta to make up for some of the lost anti-tank, and a bunch of close ranged anti-horde firepower. Plus, since I would be running the GKTs in it, they are able to make great use of the frag assault launchers.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by slobulous; September 16th, 2009 at 08:37.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by slobulous View Post
    Replaced the Grand Master with a Brother-Captain, and used the spare points to add another GKT with an incinerator. I think this gives it more punch in both the shooting and assault phase. I don't want incinerators in the PAGKs because they lose their Nemesis.
    Master-crafting your BC's NFW is a waste. His weapon doesn't insta-kills like the GM's. I'd opt for an incinerator instead if you have the spare points.

Initially, I was just like you. I also thought that it wasn't worth it to trade in my NFW for an incinerator for my PAGK. Then I tried out the double-incinie's and I've never looked back since. They are just awesome in killing infantry, much more so than the 2 NFW's that you give up.

Let me show you the correct way to use them. First you tank shock an infantry unit (preferably one without melta weaponry, but if you do so anyways, there's less than a 1/3 chance that they'll immobilize or wreck you...not too bad odds.). This will line them up real nice and tight. Then disembark your knights and flame away. Against a 10-man unit, just the 2 incinerators will usually hit 5-8 models each depending on how closely packed they are. Any model less than a MEQ - no saves whatsoever. Even MEQ's will lose about 3 models just to the incinerators alone (not counting the stormbolter spam that accompanies them). I've taken out a 20-man unit of daemonettes in 1 turn firing before like this...and for only 20pts investment!

I am also considering changing one of the standard Land Raiders to a Crusader. I lose 2 twin-linked lascannons, but I gain a multi-melta to make up for some of the lost anti-tank, and a bunch of close ranged anti-horde firepower. Plus, since I would be running the GKTs in it, they are able to make great use of the frag assault launchers.

What do you guys think?
    Good. More flexibility in going against mechs or hordes. Give it smokes though. As a matter of fact, I'd change the stormbolter on your LRC for smokes on all your LR's. Great against meltas or railguns.
    Last edited by jy2; September 16th, 2009 at 09:17.

+ Reply to Thread