1500 pt SM list (Friendly games) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt SM list (Friendly games)

Hello everyone!

I'm reading the post on this forum for a time now, and it's good to see the friendly and useful replies. I'm a casual player, playing mostly friendly matches.

This is my plan on a 1500pt army list. All comments are welcome.

Captain (Relic Blade, Artificer Armour): 148pt

Tactical Squad (10man, Meltagun, Missile Launcher): 175pt
    Razorback (Twin Heavy Bolter): 40pt

Terminator Squad (5man, Storm Bolter, PF, Sergeant w. Power weapon): 200pt

Sternguard Veteran (10man, Combi-melta x3): 265pt
    Drop Pod : 35pt

Dreadnought (Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter): 115pt

Assault Squad (10man, sergeant w. PF): 215pt

Land Speeder (Typhoon missile launcher, Heavy Bolter): 90pt
    -----------------
    Total: 1498pts

Thanks for comments!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a nicely rounded army, plenty of guys with a good mix of elites and basic troops. Your only problem would be quickly removing tanks, so I'd either change the dread to a lass cannon, give a razorback a lasscannon or change the speeder to have 2 multi-melta's (or a multi-melta and missile launcher).

Otherwise nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerdic View Post
    Captain (Relic Blade, Artificer Armour): 148pt
    good

why not a rhino? the ML may not be 2 usefull, you can move and shoot a bolter,

Same as above

Fine

I guess,,, not my pick

Dreadnought (Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter): 115pt
    Either drop or give AT weapons

Assault Squad (10man, sergeant w. PF): 215pt
    Would reccomend more troops instead

Not 2 useful on its own, even bolters can take it out...
    So drop the Assault squad and speeder IMO, possibly the dreadnought, or change to weapons, just wondering why they tactical squads are in Razorbacks, unless u wanna combat squad them, would probally add scouts.
    When faced by an army of awesomness, RUN.

Adding Rep is always nice for everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop the Land Speeder and use the points to purchase 2 Powerfists for your Tactical Squad Sgt's an Assault Cannon for your Terminators and 2 more Combi-Melta's for your Sternguard and you're set.

If you want your army to deliver an extra kick drop the Captain and get a Jump Pack Chaplain and you'll have enough room to add a Powerfist to your Sternguard with 13 points to spare for upgrades!! Good luck!

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Hey there, Cerdic, and welcome to the forum as an active member!

I like your list very much, but there are a few suggestions I would like to bring forward. The main problem is that your sternguard will be pretty much lost all on its own within melta-range of the enemy, and that the dreadnought won't be all too useful on foot.

I therefore propose buying a drop pod for the dreadnought. Forget about the assault cannon. It's awesome, but also expensive. If you drop pod in just leave the multi-melta. It pops tanks more reliably within 12" and doesn't cost extra points.
    The drop pod you will drop first (I recommend the dreadnought) should have a locator beacon so you can get the terminators in reliably where you need them to back up your dreadnought and sternguard - on their own amidst enemy lines they will just die.
    The sternguard could take more combi-weapons. If you combat squad them upon arrival you might want to give each squad 3 meltas so they can reliably pop 2 tanks upon arrival, or give them combiflamers if you want to take out a squad (I recommend the meltas though).
    Artificer armor is a waste of points on a captain. He won't suffer many wounds inside of a squad and he has more than enough to spare on non-AP weapons, and power weapons and thelike ignore your artificer armor too. Dropping the captain in favor of a chaplain with jump pack to hop along your assault squad may be a good idea.
    Upgrading your tactical sergeants with power fists can't hurt against all-comers. Consider it.

Hope that helps. Good luck and have fun!
    Regards,
    Red

UnderWater Ninja-Tiger .. Xpyre35's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x3)

Good balanced list. Very similiar to what I play in my friendly matches.

A few suggestions, although I think some of them have also been stated already.

First, I'd get a drop pod for your dreadnought. That thing foot slogging it will really reduce its effectiveness.

The captain, I'd most likely skip the artificer armor. I'm fairly positvie he'll be riding with one of the combat squads SGT + Melta in one of the razorbacks. He'll be protected by tacticals for shooting and in CC, he and the P.Fist Sgt, should be able to kill what you would need to kill.

To free up some more points, I'd consider dropping the Assault Squad from 10 down to 5, and not giving the Sgt here a P.Fist, maybe just a P.Weapon. Not alot of people would agree. However, I find having a full 10 man assault squad charging into anything less than 30 boys, tends to destroy/break/sweep whatever they hit. Doing so will leave them very vulnerable to return fire. Using a small attack force, combined with some tactical short range rapid fire, keeps them engaged for that extra half round, so they are free on your turn.

Also I'd also consider a rhino for one of the razorbacks, to keep a full 10-man Tactical together, these are the guys I would tandem with the 5-man assault squad.

Those freed up points can go to P. Fists for your tactical Sgts. And the extra Pod i was mentioning.

Just some suggestions. Although most of my suggestions are just personal preference, I feel your list will work just fine as it is also. Good luck. And take some notes during your friendly game, and write up a Battle Report; I'd like to see how it went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments! and the welcomes !

The modified list follows:

Captain (Relic Blade, Storm Bolter): 133pt

Tactical Squad (10man, Meltagun, Missile Launcher, sergeant w. PF): 200pt

Rhino: 35pt

Dreadnought (Multi-Melta, Storm Bolter): 105pt
    Drop Pod (Locator Beacon): 45pt

Assault Squad (8man, sergeant w. PF): 179pt

-----------------
    Total: 1502pts

I will combat squad the tactical squad with the power fist, and that combat sq. go with the captain in the Razorback. The terminators would be deep striked to the forward lines near the Dread as Red suggested.

I will inform you how it goes in the field .

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

A good and interesting list for friendly games! I sure like it now. Looking forward to your battle reports! Thumbs up and have fun

+ Reply to Thread