1750 Death Korps of Krieg (all comers list) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Death Korps of Krieg (all comers list)

I wanted to make a Death korps of kreig army that stuck with the fluff but was also a compeitive list, i want to make this list right before i start buying those rediculously over priced, but amazing models

1750pts.
    HQ

Company command sq. + standard, +2 plasma guns

ELITES

Propaganda Sq. (counts as Psyker battle sq.) - (9 man unit)
    ^Chimera- HF
    (basicly i'm gonna model some troopers to have vox casters and speakers, weaken resolve is them shouting propaganda at the target, were as the soulstorm is them calling in artillery, the idea was to keep in the fluff but still be able to take this unit)

TROOPS
    Infantry platoon
    ^command sq. + autocannon +Grenade Launcher
    ^ Infantry Sq. + autocannon +Grenade Launcher
    (these guys will be used as a fire base w/ company command)

^ 2 Infantry sq. +2 flamers +commissar
    (these guys are for advancing and soaking fire)

Vet. Sq +3 meltaguns
    ^Chimera- HF

Vet. Sq +3 plasma guns
    ^Chimera- HF

FAST ATTACK
    Hellhound sq.
    ^hellhound
    ^bane wolf

Vendeta gunship
    (not very fluffy with the DKoK but i felt i needed more anti-vehicle)

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Leman Russ Demolisher +HF

Leman Russ Battle tank +HF

2 griffens

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by paladinknight62 View Post

1750pts.
    HQ

Company command sq. + standard, +2 plasma guns

No Plasma unless they're in a transport. If they go in the Vendetta (which they shouldn't) get another Plasma. I'd drop the Plasma and grab a Lascannon and Camo Cloaks.

ELITES

Propaganda Sq. (counts as Psyker battle sq.) - (9 man unit)
    ^Chimera- HF

Good unit.

TROOPS
    Infantry platoon
    ^command sq. + autocannon +Grenade Launcher

Good unit again.

^ 2 Infantry sq. +2 flamers +commissar

These need a Command unless they're attached to the Platoon above. I'd drop them either way, advancing IG except late game die in droves and give people something to assault and hide in, thanks to the Commissar. If you want to advance, buy Chimeras.

Vet. Sq +3 meltaguns
    ^Chimera- HF

Vet. Sq +3 plasma guns
    ^Chimera- HF

Good.

FAST ATTACK
    Hellhound sq.
    ^hellhound
    ^bane wolf

Do NOT squadron these. You have an open Fast Attack and you never ever squadron vehicles with IG. Ever. Give the Hellhound a MM so it's a threat if the turret goes bye bye.

Vendeta gunship

Use it as a transport or drop it for some HWS or something.

HEAVY SUPPORT
    Leman Russ Demolisher +HF

Leman Russ Battle tank +HF

Fine.

2 griffons

I'd ditch one for upgrades elsewhere and squadding AV12 Open Topped vehicles is bad, even if they're Barrage.
    Not bad, needs tweaks here and there. I'd switch the advancing unit to a stay back unit, or buy them Chimeras with the dropped Griffon and other things. Chimeras are point for point the best transport in the game probably, abuse them.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An excellent goal sir, one I attempted at one time. However If you're going to use a kriege list, why is their no fixed artillery? Why on earth would you buy a griffon when you can use heavy mortars (and in squads of four pieces, not that that's recommended outside of more boomie more better).

I'm also (fluffily) affronted by some of your choices. Chimeras?!?! I know the bren carrier is essentialy the same cost for something that's half the value... but, BREN CARRIERS!!

So here finally is my rundown.

CCS
    Standard is good but this unit is going to be picked out with two plasma guns and giving orders. My list runs 3x meltas and a standard forward with the flying platoon to keep them moving forward.

Elites
    PBS is a solid unit but with those points you've spent you can get two quad launchers or three heavy mortars (Artillery as elites is the coolest thing forge world ever did). Now it's not the big kill plate that a PBS is but instead it's Heavy 8 blast or, ordnance 3 blast. Major hord kill.

Infantry
    Mech vets are awesome but probably about the least Kieg thing on the IG codex(maybe tied with valks/vends). Dump em. Instead two platoons of two twenty man squads half auto cannons and half lascannons. Each clump has a commisar and each PCS has four grenade launchers. The PCS maintain the line and advance late game with the CCS to claim objectives.

With a centaur for all three officer units, you will have no problem keeping them mobile, killy and order speewing (centaurs are fast vehicle transports!!)

Fast Attack
    Hell hounds are fine (I prefer devil dogs with hull heavy flamer). But don't take a bane wolf, meq players will target this before a demolisher. Besides death ridders aren't these pansy rough ridders.

As I implied above drop the Vendetta (the platoon gives you four twin linked lascannons)

NO FIXED ARTILLEY!!?!?!
    Keep the demoliosher he's cool, in fact take two, powerful and deffinately a sige tank... but then (and here you questioned me on dropping the devil dog) take a colossus. Have at them MEQs with hidden boomie. Dark reapers and devastators and havocs be damned!

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

It's a fine line between a themed army and a competitive army. I think if he dropped the Vendetta for fluff reasons and the Bane Wolf for game reason he'd be good. Yeah Krieg are trench warfare but aren't Chimeras a better way to take trenches?

They work smart not hard! :]
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But centaurs are really powerful with there ability to turn a squad weapon into a vehicle mounted weapon. A CCS with a lascannon can run around in a centaur moving at twelve inches and ordering itself and other units about and still fire the lascannon (and dumpy heavy stubber). Now a sentinel is cheaper (55pts vs the centaurs 115pts) but the centaur is fast and is carrying a CCS. Now give that same centaur to a PCS with 4x grenade launchers means the GLs effective range is 42" and it's a scoring unit. Plus the open topped nature means that a killer CCS can run 4 meltas up 18" (24" melta) and still fire. I'm not saying the vehicle isn't vulnerable, I'm just saying that it's really powerful and in the fluff. But at near 40 pounds a pop (for the cooler sosstropen variant) it is an invetment.
    Last edited by Luckee; September 28th, 2009 at 19:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing is i want to be able to use the list in tournaments, other wise i would take heavy mortars and those extra goodies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by paladinknight62 View Post
    the thing is i want to be able to use the list in tournaments, other wise i would take heavy mortars and those extra goodies

well if the only reason you want Krieg is for the models (very understandable) then you could just use the Krieg models, and invent your own fluff. A few small conversions here and there, and a different paint scheme would be enough to make it more individual.
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!... I am fail. Was not even thinking of tournaments. My bad. Stupid self centered GW (grumbles). <Angry cannons>

Right, so... less absolutely useless suggestions.

I'd still go with dumping the vendetta and flying platoon for the killer platoon but instead of going half and half just load up on lascannons. Then if you convert your CCS to a lascannon fire base it gives you 4 TL and 1 BS 4 cannons to kill stuff with. Pick up a vox network as it's cheaper than a commisar and more along the lines of what you want (following orders and not being stubborn). To make up for the loss of all those auto cannons turn the griffons into 2x hydras (in for a penny in for 82.20 pounds).

Keep the melta vets and put your PCS into a chimera. Then (and I know this is awful) drop the tanks. Pick up that colossus and have a ring of infantry defending the hill of heavy support AV 12. (Not everyones play style but your foe might be a bit busy dealing with... Two hell hounds, two chi meltas a PCS loaded down with flamers (in a chimera) and the PBS (Screaming bloddy murder). Hopefully the full frontal assault takes enough pressure off of the colossus, hydras and gun line to give them a good shot. By making every thing kind of midling in the scary department it can make the foe divide their fire too much. Also since your colossus (the big scary) can hide well It forces the opponent to try and force their way through the two rings of vehicles and backing infantry.

Not every ones style of play but it maximises on the infantry based nature of Kriege (instead of depending on heavy tanks). And still feels pretty competetive.

+ Reply to Thread