Crimson Wolves 1750pts (TDA Army) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crimson Wolves 1750pts (TDA Army)

Here's my first attempt at a 1750pt Space Wolves Shooty TDA army. How's it look ? For now I'm calling them the Crimson Wolves, but this may change. I'll also need a new name for Logan.

Thanks for the help!

HQ
    Logan Grimnar
    [275]

Elite
    Dreadnought
    w/ Plasma Cannon & Missile Launcher
    [125]

Troops
    5 - Wolf Guard in TDA
    2 x Wolf Guard w/ SB & PS
    1 x Wolf Guard w/ SB & WC
    1 x Wolf Guard w/ SB & CF
    1 x Wolf Guard w/ CML, SB & PS
    [215]

5 - Wolf Guard in TDA
    2 x Wolf Guard w/ SB & PS
    [215]

5 - Wolf Guard in TDA
    1 x Wolf Guard w/ SB & PS
    1 x Wolf Guard w/ SB & SS
    [230]

10 - Wolf Guard in TDA
    4 x Wolf Guard w/ SB & PS
    2 x Wolf Guard w/ SB & SS
    2 x Wolf Guard w/ CML, SB & PS
    [425]

Heavy
    Land Raider
    w/ EA
    [265]

Total: 1750pts

Last edited by TheCiscoKid; September 29th, 2009 at 21:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Not that good imo. You're walking Termies. Yes you have a lot of them but, Lasguns can and will kill them. Only 1 Land Raider and 1 Dreadnought will probably be dead in 2-3 Turns against a good army, especially at 1750!

I don't know if Termies can take Pods in SW (don't have the Codex on me obviously) but if they can, do it. It will save you at least 2 turns of walking and running.

Also what's your plan against mech and hordes?
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    Not that good imo. You're walking Termies. Yes you have a lot of them but, Lasguns can and will kill them. Only 1 Land Raider and 1 Dreadnought will probably be dead in 2-3 Turns against a good army, especially at 1750!

I don't know if Termies can take Pods in SW (don't have the Codex on me obviously) but if they can, do it. It will save you at least 2 turns of walking and running.

Also what's your plan against mech and hordes?
    Thanks for the reply!

I had originally planned on a Deathwing force, but with the new Space Wolves Codex soon to be out, I decided to try it.

In the new SW Codex, Terminators can take Drop Pods. I had considered this, but was trying to stick to the DW Shooty mantra and create a 24" zone of death hehe. I figured I was ok with Hordes, not perfect, but survivable. With all the Power Weapons, instead of PF, I'll be striking first if not at the same time a lot. I can also swap out the LR for an LRC or LRR if needed. Oh and I'll be magnetizing like crazy so I can add Heavy Flamers or Assault Cannons as needed.

Mech will be an issue, but I was going to put together at least one Drop Pod for either a MM Dread or a squad of Termis with Combi-Meltas to help take down tanks. Logan also can give any squad he joins the Tank Hunter rule, so I figured four Krak missiles with Tank Hunter should be able to do some damage.

Still not completely sure how SW Drop Pods will work, but I'm assuming the same as Codex Marines. I was also considering the addition of a Rune Priest too.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I'd Pod them for sure. I think SW Pods work the same as everyone else, except they transport 10 men not 12. Kind of weird.

Krak Missiles with Tank Hunters won't reliable bust a Land Raider or even a Russ if they know how to deploy it. A nasty trick people have mentioned is Long Fangs in a Pod with MMs and Logan. They drop and he gives them Relentless, so they're some of the best tank killers around.

I'd think about that.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread