2000 point list need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point list need help

HQ: 1Capt Shrike

1Chaplin w/ Jump pack

Troop: 10 man tact squad w/ metlagun lascannon power weapon and razorback w/ twin lascannon.

10 man tact squad w/ plasmagun lascannon power weapon and razorback w/ las plas.

6 man scout snipers w/ camo cloaks 5 sniper rifles and 1 missle

Fast Attack: 10 man assault sqaud w/ power weapon storm sheild, 2 flamers

5 man vangaurd vet squad w/ 4 power weapons 1 relic blade 5 storm shields and 5 jump packs

Heavy support: 1 Land raider w/ multi melta

I have about 200 points left in the list. Plan is to infultrate the chappy shrike and the vanguard vets and charge into the enemy first turn that is if i have the first turn. If i dont then i will out flank the squad. the assault squad will make its way to the enemy and the tact sqauds will unload las cannon fire into transports and tanks.

on the side note for the 200 points left: i do not have any terminators.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm a lot of views. no one wants to comment or critque my list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

your list is poorly laid out and hard to read, that's probably why

HQ:

Captain Shrike

Chaplin w/ Jump pack

Troops:

10 Man Tactical Squad w/ Melta, Lascannon, Power Weapon
    Razorback w/ TL Lascannon

10 man tact squad w/ Plasmagun, Lascannon, Power Weapon
    Razorback w/ Las, Plasma

6 Scout Snipers w/ Camo Cloaks, 5 Sniper, 1 Missle

Fast Attack:

10 Man Assault Sqaud w/ Power Weapon, Storm Sheild, 2 Flamers

5 Man Vangaurd Vets w/ Jump Packs, Storm Shields, 4 Power Weapons, 1 Relic Blade

Heavy support:

Land Raider w/ Multi-Melta

Hopefully people are more likely to respond to an easier to read list.

Notes on the list: I don't think razorbacks can transport 10 men.. that's what rhinos are for. Drop one of the sniper men. Get terminators otherwise your landraider is nearly wasted. You'll probably be better off with Power Fists and Melta rather than Lascannons and Power Weapons but, I think that's my Black Templar experiance telling me that. I don't know much about standard Codex space marines so I'm afraid I don't have much more advice right now.
    Last edited by Kelter Skelter; October 4th, 2009 at 05:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah razorbacks cant hold 10 models but i combat squad them and it has seemed to work out for me. And i would love to have terminators to fill up the land raider but i dont have any of the models on me.

Thank you for fixing up the list when i typed it in i was half asleep and hopped up on energy drinks.

The models i do have to fill in are:

2 land speeders
    2 predators
    1 vindicator
    1 whirlwind
    1 10 man tactical squad and a razor back/ twin lascannon
    a devastator squad with 2 plasma cannons and 2 lascannons
    1 ironclad
    2 regualar dreadnaughts 1 w/ MultiMelta and 1 with Assault cannon
    1 drop pod

That all the other models i can field in to make up the last 200 points. The plan for the land raider is to plop it in cover and have it lascannons fire on enemy tanks and with the power of the machine spirit rule it can fire on multiple targets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Again, I don't know a lot about standard marines so take my advice with a grain of salt but, your landraider is a point sink that's going to waste if you're not trasporting something right in the enemies faces. Either drop the Raider and find a way to get those Vinds and Preds in there or at least put something in the raider.

in 2000pts you've only got 2 light transports and 1 heavy transport which sits around which is going to make your light transports obvious targets for your enemy. You need to beef up your armor or put something scarier such as a land raider + termies to draw fire away from your troops.

Granted your assault squad and vets will be in their faces right away but in 2000pts you have to think about the armor and big guns they might be up against before they get there.

In summary, drop the raider for more armor or bikes/speeders instead of armor if you prefer them. OR make terminators your next purchase to put in the land raider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok here is an idea i dont know how scary this would be but i have the models to put a 5 man command squad with a company banner 4 power weapons and 4 storm shields into the land raider.

my other idea is taking out the land raider completely and putting in these:

option 1: 3 predators and 2 land speeders
    option 2: 2 predators, 1 iron clad in drop pod, 2 land speeders
    option 3: 5 more vangaurd vet, 1 pred, 1 land speeder

if you have any more ideas let me know man i am going for an in your face kinda army which has been working for me, i am trying to get some of my friends TH/SS termies. whats your opinion on 5 LC termies in the LR because i know i can barrow 5 of those

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

the 2 preds 2 speeders and dread sound good if you can get melta on those speeders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

2000 points and you've got 43 guys? i just think you need more stuff, as the units you've got just won't hit hard enough. the lascannon mounts on the razorbacks are great but they're just so expensive and they only have AV11.

there's also a LOT of wargear on your vanguard. they lose one model and that's a whole lot of points down the drain. either put some ablative wounds (i.e. more guys) in there, or drop the squad.

+ Reply to Thread