2 LoganWing Lists For Laughs - 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

2 LoganWing Lists For Laughs - 2000pts

First one; "Hammer Of The Gods"

HQ
    Logan

Elite
    Iron Priest w/ Saga of the Iron Wolf
    Iron Priest w/ Saga of the Iron Wolf
    DH Inquisitor w/ Null Rod, Tarot & Needle Pistol

Troops
    Arjac's Pack
    - Arjac
    - Wolf Guard w/ Termie Armour, Storm Shield, Chainfist
    - Wolf Guard w/ Termie Armour, Storm Shield, Frost Blade & MotWulfen
    - Wolf Guard w/ Termie Armour, Storm Shield, Wolf Claw & Cyclone Launcher
    - Wolf Guard

Wolf Guard Pack
    - Wolf Guard w/ Termie Armour, Storm Shield, Chainfist
    - Wolf Guard w/ Termie Armour, Storm Shield, Frost Blade & MotWulfen
    - Wolf Guard w/ Termie Armour, Storm Shield, Wolf Claw
    - Wolf Guard w/ Termie Armour, Storm Shield, Wolf Claw & Cyclone Launcher
    - Wolf Guard w/ Termie Armour & Storm Shield
    - Land Raider Crusader w/ Multimelta & Extra Armour

Fast Attack
    Thunderwolf Cavalry w/ Thunder Hammer

Heavy Support
    Land Raider w/ MM & Extra Armour

It needs a bit of rejigging so everything can arrive embarked on a Raider in DoW deployment, but under normal circumstances you'd put an Iron Priest in each of the Wolf Guard squads for the extra movement, stick the DH Inquisitor in with Arjac's mob and put Logan in with the other lot, with the Thunderwolves running ahead to interdict anything that tries to get away. With the Iron Priests the mounted squads have anywhere between 19 and 23" charge range, and the Thunderwolves are Fleet, so the whole thing should be able to hit at roughly the same time; which means Logan can call his charge, and the result is probably going to be carnage.

List 2 - "Ride Of The Valkyries"
    HQ
    Logan
    Rune Priest w/ Jump Pack, Chooser, Beastslayer, Tempest's Wrath & Living Lightning
    Rune Priest w/ Jump Pack, Beastslayer, Tempest's Wrath & Living Lightning
    Rune Priest w/ Jump Pack, Chooser, Tempest's Wrath & Living Lightning

Troops
    5x Wolf Guard Pack
    - Wolf Guard w/ Jump Pack, Combi-Melta & Meltabombs
    - Wolf Guard w/ Jump Pack, Combi-Melta
    - Wolf Guard w/ Jump Pack, Frost Blade & MotWulfen

Wolf Guard Pack
    - Wolf Guard w/ Jump Pack & Combi Melta

Fast Attack
    Skyclaw Pack
    - 5x Skyclaws
    Skyclaw Pack
    - 5x Skyclaws
    Skyclaw Pack
    - 5x Skyclaws

If you're unsure how this would work, slap yourself in the face. Deploy everything except Logan on the board and zoom forward, then Deep Strike the Great Wolf in wherever the fighting is thickest and have him call the charge. The Rune Priests can either be attached to the Skyclaws to stop them charging things, or alternatively can be used as floating PsyHoods. They have Living Lightning because it's your only source of long-range shooting, and Tempest to stop anything from charging you; the squads are too small and flimsy to be fighting more than one thing at a time.

Personally I can't see this one working, but kudos to anyone who gives it a go >_<

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

tempest doesn't stop them, just difficult terrain and if your DS that clos to the enemy. then your assualted either way 90% of the time.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I like em. Have fun playing "Logans Heroes"
    Lets go massacre something

I am a sexy shoeless god of war!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    tempest doesn't stop them, just difficult terrain and if your DS that clos to the enemy. then your assualted either way 90% of the time.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Except Tempest is a 24" power and makes all terrain difficult AND dangerous. That means any Infantry-type units more than 6" away which want to assault need to take difficult and dangerous terrain tests to move forward, then take another difficult and dangerous terrain test for their assault move, and if the unit they're charging isn't locked in combat they'll strike at I1. Have fun surviving two dangerous terrain tests AND the Mark of the Wulfen'd Counter-Attacking Frost Blade riot with enough models for my 3-man unit to care. Obviously if they're Fleet they've got a better chance of reaching me, but they need to take 2 difficult terrain tests and 3 dangerous terrain tests to do it. Then the Marked Frost Blade Counter-Attack.

So yeah; Tempest doesn't physically prevent you from assaulting my units, it just makes it a ridiculously bad idea.
    ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by sir stompalot View Post
    I like em. Have fun playing "Logans Heroes"
    lol >_<

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

not if they are swarms or mobs ^^,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x6)

Yes, because we all fear the fury of the little critters that hit and wound you on 5s and have I2.

Mobs are less likely to care about Tempest because... rolling MORE dice makes them less likely to suffer dangerous terrain wounds? I'm not sure I follow this.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

chances of them being that bothered about rolling sixes for units of 30 are low very low. even then they will slaugther what they find. so it's part of the bargain, but it will irritate them ^^.
    thanks
    antique_nova

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

List is strong, I would maybe consider consolidating some of the skyclaws and TWC to make KP's harder to steal from you.
    Don't bother having anything more than meaningless small talk on this forum, the moderators won't allow it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x6)

See, I reckon the first one is about a million times better, because as soon as those Wolf Guard units hit anything... ANYTHING... well, it's going to die. Still has problems (the big one being 5 units in a 2000pt army >_<), but saying that they're both supposed to be fun lists more than competetive.

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    chances of them being that bothered about rolling sixes for units of 30 are low very low. even then they will slaugther what they find. so it's part of the bargain, but it will irritate them ^^.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Okay, I see what you mean now; lots will die, but not enough. In fairness I did say the list probably wouldn't work >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does mark of the wulfen benefit from the frost blade bonus? i was under the impression that mark fo the wulfen was best put on models with no special weaponry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast