2,000 pts tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2,000 pts tourney list

Ok, my local store is having a league on November 07th, so now's the time for me to prepare for it. So far this is what i decides to use. Advice for the list is much appreciated.

Vulkan- 515 points
    Devastator squad, 4 missile launcher, +5 men, Drop Pod, Combat Squad.

Khan- 470 points
    Moondrakken
    Bike squad, +5 bikers, +2 flamer, Attack bike

Telion- 190 points
    scout squad, +5 scouts, sniper, +5 men

scout squad- 125 points
    land speeder storm

2x Bike Squad- 550 points
    +10 bikers, +4 flamers, +2 Attack Bikes, +2 Multi-meltas

Devastator squad- 150 points
    4 missile launchers.

2,000 points

The league will have about only 2 tyranids, 3 black templar, 1 blood angel, 1 sister/inquisitors, 1 chaos, 2 orks, 1 eldar, 1 necron, and about 5-8 space marine players that will be mostly tank heavy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When using both Vulkan and Khan you can't get both of thier chapter tactics. You will have to chose one of them to be applied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. I know i can only choose one chapter tactics and I believe that Vulkan's would be the better choice.

Also instead of the drop pod, would a rhino be the better choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you will be using Vulkans chapter tactics I think you would be better of with a standard Captain on a bike instead of Khan. Im not really sure about the dropping dev squad either. To make those bike squads hurt a lot more I would suggest adding meltas in them instead of flamers. Here another version where I took inspiration from my Vulkan list.

HQ: Vulkan 190pts
    HQ: Captain on bike, PW 150 pts

Troops: Scout Squad 10#, 190 pts
    Snipers, Telion

Troops: Scout Squad 5#, 75 pts
    Snipers

Troops: Space Marine Bike Squad 9#, 280 pts
    2xMelta. AB (with HB )

1x Flamer, 1xMelta. AB (with MM)

Fast: Land Speeder Storm 50pts

Elite: Sternguards 10# 305pts
    2x Combi-Melta, 1x Combi-Flamer, 1x Melta BombDrop Pod
    Much more fun then dropping a dev squad

Predator 85pt
    AC, HB sponson

Predator 120pts
    AC, LC sponson

Total 2000pts

I personally love to drop dreads, and with the pressure of the bikes I think it would fit in well. If you got some (and pods) I can put up another version.

edit: Had khan in it instead of Vulkan first, and missed the speeder.
    Last edited by rofugos; October 8th, 2009 at 11:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with rofugos about changing the flamers to melta's and getting rid of the drop pod on the dev squad. Is Vulkan in the big dev squad??? If he is, I'd change that. He needs to be in combat and the dev squad needs to shoot. If you were planning to only charge with half the dev squad and vulkan, you'd be better off with getting a tactical squad and giving the serg a pfist.

I'd probably give Khan a command squad and put some nasty weapons in there, as it gives him a bit more punch, but I do think you can have both him and Vulkan.

Otherwise, a nasty army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have now edited my post to the correct list I thought of. Had some errors before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I was thinking at first of splitting the devastator squad into combat squad and having vulkan dropping down with the ones with bolters while the 4 missile launchers and sergeant would stay in the back and provide support.

I do have dreadnaughts and drop pods so it would be awesome if you show that list as well.

And since this is a league, it will start from november 7th, all the way to march. We actually start at 750 points, and after each round we would increase by 250 points until we reach the maximum point of 2,000. So even if I currently dont have the models, by the time the league ends, I should be fine.

Also, on your list, since you change the 5 men scout squad into snipers, should i still keep the storm? I originally thought of using the storm as to carry the scout fast into objectives. and that they might be getting into assualt at such close range with the enemy. But as for holding objectives, I think the sniper would be worth it. just want to hear your opinion.

I have thought of giving khan a command squad, while dropping one of the bike squad for it. I'm just worry that it will be a magnet for everyone.

I have never been much of a tank user, mostly been playing with a full infantry and bikes, so my experience with tanks isnt that good. I wouldnt mind using them, but since I lack experience with them, I dont know how well they will fare.

As of this time, Im most scare of one of the tyranid player (whom might be taking his chaos marines, either army is really scary) and the sister/inquisitor army. These two are probably my biggest rivals at the store whom are somewhat better then I am. As for the others Im not too worry as much.

Again I must thank you guys for the quick and awesome replies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kazukun View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply guys.

I was thinking at first of splitting the devastator squad into combat squad and having vulkan dropping down with the ones with bolters while the 4 missile launchers and sergeant would stay in the back and provide support.

You can't do this, since you combat squad when the drop pod lands. Not before.

I do have dreadnaughts and drop pods so it would be awesome if you show that list as well.

I will make another soon. Playing something like it myself

And since this is a league, it will start from november 7th, all the way to march. We actually start at 750 points, and after each round we would increase by 250 points until we reach the maximum point of 2,000. So even if I currently dont have the models, by the time the league ends, I should be fine.

Also, on your list, since you change the 5 men scout squad into snipers, should i still keep the storm? I originally thought of using the storm as to carry the scout fast into objectives. and that they might be getting into assualt at such close range with the enemy. But as for holding objectives, I think the sniper would be worth it. just want to hear your opinion.

Don't really know if it should be snipers. Take whaterver you want on them.

I have thought of giving khan a command squad, while dropping one of the bike squad for it. I'm just worry that it will be a magnet for everyone.

Command squads seems nice. Havent tried one myself though. But they are on my list on things to try.

I have never been much of a tank user, mostly been playing with a full infantry and bikes, so my experience with tanks isnt that good. I wouldnt mind using them, but since I lack experience with them, I dont know how well they will fare.

Well, I put in the predators because the list had very little long range artillery. Thought it would be nice to balance it out a bit

As of this time, Im most scare of one of the tyranid player (whom might be taking his chaos marines, either army is really scary) and the sister/inquisitor army. These two are probably my biggest rivals at the store whom are somewhat better then I am. As for the others Im not too worry as much.

Again I must thank you guys for the quick and awesome replies.

Another thing though. Why do you want to have Khan instead of a normal Bike Captain? Since you won't be using his chapter tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: Vulkan 190pts
    HQ: Captain on bike, PW 150 pts

Command Squad 5# 180pts
    Company Champion
    Company Standard
    2xPower Weapon (3 with company champion), Melta Bomb

Troops: Scout Squad 10#, 190 pts
    Snipers, Telion

Troops: Scout Squad 5#, 75 pts

Troops: Space Marine Bike Squad 9#, 275 pts
    2xMelta. AB (with HB )

Fast: Land Speeder Storm 50pts

Elite: Ironclad Dreadnought 180 pts
    HF, Melta, Drop Pod

Elite: Dreadnought 150 pts
    HF, MM, Drop Pod

If/when I had/have the bikes I would want to try this list myself. Seems really fun and puts pressure on you opponent.
    Last edited by rofugos; October 8th, 2009 at 16:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the fast response and awesome list.

Thanks for clearing up the devastator mishap that I had. totally forgot about that.

the reasons why I thought of using Khan instead of a regular captain on bike is that for about 55 points more, you would get master of the hunt and the pressure it put onto the field if they see a named captain rather then just a regular hq.

And now that I think about it, since this is a league, I think that having two named hqs would be better so I could switch the chapter tactics a bit depending on whom im going against.

Again thanks for the really quick reply. i'll have to think hard about how im going to set up my army but i really do like the lists you put out. I'll have more time to debate about what im going to do while I'm at work in an hour lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast