lysander's strikeforce - 2000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

lysander's strikeforce - 2000 points

Lysander - 200

Tactical - hb, flamer, fist, rhino - 230
    Tactical - mm, flamer, power weapon, rhino - 220
    Tactical - ml, flamer, power weapon, rhino - 220

Terminator - 10, 2 cyclones - 460
    Dreadnought - multi melta, drop pod - 140

2 Attack Bikes - multi melta - 100
    Assault Squad - 10, fist - 215
    Assault Squad - 10, fist - 215

posted a similar list to this about a week ago, but i've finalised this list for a game at the weekend. i may downgrade the tactical fist to a power weapon and put a flamer in one of the assault squads.

i have found the assault squads to be an excellent support unit to rapid firing tacticals, so much so that i don't quite need powerfists in the tac squads. the terminators are a nice shock and awe unit, accompanied by lysander who improves shooting and survivability. the attack bikes hide behind the rhinos until in range to go tank hunting and the dread is a nuisance unit.

what armies am i going to struggle against here? what should i be wary for (i don't know my opponents list)? and most importantly, isn't it pretty ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list reminds me of when i first started playing last year so i'll tell you what I learn and hopefully you can learn from my mistakes.

for one thing, against a shooty army, its gonna be a bit tough for you as you're making your way towards them, they can just pick you off each turn until you could began your retaliation.

From past experience, 1 drop pod with a dreadnaught inside wont last long, normally just the turn it comes in.

For the same amount of point, you could take drop pods instead of rhinos, that way you dont have to waste precious turns trying to to reach your opponents.

From your list, Im assuming that lysander would be with your terminators. walking with them works well as the two cyclones missle launcher would most likely hit your opponents each turn and they would stay out of the range of most of your opponents. Teleporting in is the ideal way though.

the two attack bikes might seem ideal for tank hunting, but traveling at the speed of the rhinos isnt what bikes are ment for. plus since they arent eternal warriors, a good high ap weaponry will wipe them out with one hit, regardless of their 2 wounds.

For the same points, you can change those assualt squad into a full basic bike squad and link up your assualt bikes with it. this way they have a better survibabilty and you can turbo boost the entire squad up close if needed. maybe dropping the powerfist of your tatical squad for 1 meltagun and 3 flamer for your bikes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed why not make it a Drop Pod force, and add some beacons to your pods so your Terminators can Teleport safely if you want them too!!! Adding 1-2 Melta-Gun(s) to your Tactical's will improve their drops as well because you can hit side/rear armour. Good luck!!!
    "A Space Marine Sgt. not taking a Powerfist makes as much sense as peeing with your pants on...you just don't do it." xanosaucy

+ Reply to Thread