1.5k list, armored division. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

1.5k list, armored division.

So my infantry based list nearing completion (Yeah right), I've decided to toy around with the idea of a secondary list: Something of an antithesis to my original "assault" strategy . And I'm looking for advice in making it "semi-competitive" . I can't have drastic change in composition: My budget is somewhat limited, aside from additional vehicles (Which i can build using plasticard ) , so only wargear options or a few models could can be changed.

HQ:

Master of the forge ,Plasma pistol.

Elite:

Ironclad (Not sure of configuration).

Sternguard x5 ,combi-melta x 3, razorback.

Venerable dreadnought, Assault cannon, missile launcher.

Troops:

Tactical , sergeant combi-melta x1 powerfist x1, melta gun & missile launcher, Drop pod.

Scouts , bolters (Uncertain on configuration, snipers most likely).

Fast:

None so far.

heavy:

Dreadnought, Assault cannon, heavy flamer.

Dreadnought, Assault cannon, heavy flamer.

Vindicator, Dozer blade

I'm left with 130 which i could invest in either some changes in configuration or equipment. Possibly a 2nd MotF to repair the machines or add a conversion beamer for extra "bang", though I'd feel better with a extra troop choice. Some drop pods and Multi melta for the dreads are also an option I'm considering.

Body count: 26
    Armor: 7
    Kill points: 11
    Scoring units: 2-4

-Basic tactics-

The Master of the forge will drop down with the tactical behind enemy transport. They combat squad when exiting into 2 groups: One with the sergeant and melta, the other joined by the MotF. Following the destruction of the transport, the occupants will suffer plasma shots and bolter rapid fire. Having spit in two, they'll position for counter charging next round.

Dreadnoughts fire and move to contest objectives, vindicator will rush forward and activate smokers. The Ironclad (depending on configuration) will "run" through terrains or will activate smokers as well. Scouts will babysit objectives & stay out of line of sight. The sternguard will be played defensively and will pick up the slack where ever it may fall.

Beyond that is really up to the dice gods; For the most part i think i can cripple significantly my opponent in the first turn. However the lack of "anti-light armor" guns means i can only impair one of my opponents force with certainty. My low model count also means contesting will be harder than with my other list, meaning that i should place my bets on vaporizing his forces instead.

I'd like some suggestions on what do to with the few points left over, and also if this list could win games. Note that I'm not building an alt list simply to win, but i like to challenge and be challenged by people... not simply be a fluffy push over. (edit: the last part was missing a "Not" in it )

A small question: Can a Master of the forge with servitors join a unit of 5 marines in a drop pod?

Last edited by seismic; October 10th, 2009 at 00:34.
    "The things that appear are a vision of the unseen"
    -Anaxagoras of Clazomenae

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by seismic View Post
    A small question: Can a Master of the forge with servitors join a unit of 5 marines in a drop pod?
    Pretty sure that's a no, as the servitors count as his retinue which temporarily remove his IC status.

I'll comment on your actual list when I've a bit more free time
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Revised, missile launcher junky list.

HQ:

140- Master of the forge, 3 servitor.

Troop:

150- Scouts (most likely snipers), Missile launcher.

205- tacticals , Missile launcher , Rhino.

Elite:

125- Dreadnought , assault cannon , Missile launcher.

Fast attack:

90- Land speeder typhoon.

90- Land speeder typhoon.

80- Land speeder multi-melta x2

Heavy support:

120- Vindicator, dozer blade.

Total: 1500

Body count: 24
    Armor: 10
    Kill points: 14
    Scoring units: 2-4

Missile launcher shots per turn: 11.
    Total assault cannon shot per turn: 20.

Comments ?

<edit: I personally prefer the first list , even though its slightly less "shooty". With a more varied of units and arsenal i have more tools to deal with unusual threats , like deep striking my tactical near enemy armor or tau broad side for example. Or deal with outflanking units with my to heavy flamer/assault cannon dreadnoughts... Still 11 missile shot per turn is a lot for 1.5k , not mentioning the rending assault cannon.>
    Last edited by seismic; October 11th, 2009 at 06:15.
    "The things that appear are a vision of the unseen"
    -Anaxagoras of Clazomenae

leeds yorkshire england am not a yorkie though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like both to be honest the first list is alot more varied and competative but i like the ML /ass cannon spam in the secondi think people would poop them selves against the second 1 and not be to sure how to deal with it apart from killing your troops

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Pretty sure that's a no, as the servitors count as his retinue which temporarily remove his IC status.

I'll comment on your actual list when I've a bit more free time
    Actually, much like the command squad servitors are not a retinue, only a squad that you can only buy wih a techmarine, meaning he keeps his IC status. Although you are right that is a nono, as more than one squad may never be embarked in the same transport with the exceptoion of combat squadding when in a drop pod.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
    Actually, much like the command squad servitors are not a retinue, only a squad that you can only buy wih a techmarine, meaning he keeps his IC status. Although you are right that is a nono, as more than one squad may never be embarked in the same transport with the exceptoion of combat squadding when in a drop pod.

i no its a dumb question but to me that reads like i can but 2 different combat squads in a drop pod is this the case as i can see cheesyness forming?
    i rock my world

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky plague View Post
    i no its a dumb question but to me that reads like i can but 2 different combat squads in a drop pod is this the case as i can see cheesyness forming?
    You can put one FULL squad in a drop pod, and decide to split them when they land - but you can't put 2 combat squads from 2 different full squads in there.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thought as much but that little s nippit giveme a nasty idea there, ah well shy kids get nowt eh.
    i rock my world

+ Reply to Thread