1750 pt vs Chaos need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 pt vs Chaos need help

Hi LO
    This is my first draft for My City Blues Regiment for a grudge battle against a Chaos army that I expect will have a couple of Daemon Princes, lots of bikes, Obliterators, a Preditor or 2, and few unexpected surprises. What do you think and any chance?
    What should I change?

HQ Company C Squad: 195 pts
    Commander with Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon, Melta Bombs
    Vet with Lasgun and Vox
    3x Vets with Meltaguns
    Officer of the Fleet (to disrupt his deepstrike and outflank plans)
    Chimera HL & HF
    TROOPS
    VETS (1) (Antitank): 160 pts
    Sgt: Laspistol & CCW
    Vets: 3x Meltaguns & Lasguns, Vox
    Chimera ML & HF

VETS (2) (Antipersonnel): 175 pts
    Sgt: Shotgun
    Vets: 3x Plasmaguns & Lasguns, Vox
    Chimera ML & HB

VETS (3) (Defence): 130 pts
    Vets: 3x Grenade Launchers & Lasguns
    HWT: Autocannon
    Doctrine: Demolitions

Platoon C Squad: 45 pts
    Commander: Laspistol
    Guards: 2x Grenade Launchers, Lasguns, Vox

Infantry Squad (1): 65 pts
    Sgt: Laspistol
    Guards: 1x Grenade Launcher, Lasguns

Infantry Squad (2): 65 pts

FAST Vendetta: 130 pts
    FAST Banewolf HF: 130pts
    HEAVY Hydra Flak Battery: 150 pts
    2x Hydras HB
    HEAVY Vanquisher (Lascannon): 170 pts
    HEAVY Demolisher HF, Sponsons: Plasmacannons: 205 pts

Total: 1750 pts.

Last edited by The Straken Awakes; October 11th, 2009 at 02:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Greetings! I have only recently played the Chaos Vermin myself. So good luck on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Straken Awakes View Post
    HQ:
    Now normaly i'd tell people to Ditch this gear as it's a waste of points. However, it's exactly the same gear as my Commander has and he took the last wound off a Prince, killed 3 Plague Marines with his Plasma Pistol and sliced up 2 Obliterators in Close Combat and then Immobalised a Rhino with the Melta Bomb........ So yeah, Stick with this. It's fun.

Vox, If these guys are going to be in a Chimera that puts them with the Chimera Vets. Who will be in their Chimeras and wont be able to receive Orders. Ditch the Vox.

TROOPS:

-Melta Vets - Good, I'd grab another Melta Vet Squad. These guys will get shot to death once your opponent knows whats in there. So having 2 means loosing one wont hurt you as much. Ditch the Vox.

-Plasma Vets - Good. Ditch the Vox for the reasons above.

-Defence Vets - Good but i think you'd be better off getting another Melta Vet Squad with the points. You can always put Demolitions on the Plasma Vets for some Total Democharge & Rapid Fire Plasma Death.

-Platoon - Fine.

FAST:
    Good. How about grabbing some Platoon SWS. These guys can grab 3 Flamers or 2 Flamers and a Democharge. They're a nasty little suprise if people get close to the Vendetta and they also give you another mobile Scoring unit.

Thought about Armoured Sentinels? They're brilliant for Holding up Large Marine Squads in Close Combat. Even if their Champion has a Power Fist it will take them a good few turns to get through these. If they don;t then you'll hold them up for the game which stops them wreaking Havoc through your lines.

HEAVY:
    Hydras - Brilliant. Best thing for taking down Rhino's.
    Vanquisher - Without Pask it's next to useless. BS3 and one shot isn't reliable enough. Grab Pask or Turn this boy into another Demolisher.
    Demolisher - Good. I don't like sponsons on tanks. It keeps you still and that means you die. Loose them and put the points else where.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for ideas

[Demolisher - Good. I don't like sponsons on tanks. It keeps you still and that means you die. Loose them and put the points else where.][/QUOTE]Query: Lumbering behemoth means that all demolisher weapons could be fired if it only moved 6"? Demolisher cannon aimed at main target with Las, and scattering 2 Plasmas on support troops - hell of a punch? Yep, expensive and priority target but...

What about the Bane Wolf - keep or change for Sentinels?

Will drop the Vox's!

Got to juggle the points and see..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd attempt at 1750pt vs Chaos

Thanks for the suggestions.
    How does this look?
    Other changes?

HQ Company C Squad: 195 pts
    Vet with Lasgun and Vox
    3x Vets with Meltaguns
    Officer of the Fleet (to disrupt his deepstrike and outflank plans)
    Chimera ML & HF
    (Same)
    TROOPS
    VETS (1) (Antitank): 155 pts
    Vets: 3x Meltaguns & Lasguns
    Chimera ML & HF

VETS (2) (Antitank): 155 pts
    Vets: 3x Meltaguns & Lasguns
    Chimera ML & HF

VETS (3) (Antipersonnel): 145 pts
    Sgt: Shotgun
    Vets: 3x Plasmaguns & Lasguns
    Doctrine: Demolitions

Platoon C Squad: 50 pts
    Commander: Laspistol
    Guards: 2x Grenade Launchers, Lasguns

Infantry Squad (1): 65 pts

SW Squad: 55 pts
    Guards: 2x flamer, 1x Demolition

FAST Armoured Sentinel Squadron
    3x Sentinels ML

HEAVY Hydra Flak Battery: 150 pts
    2x Hydras HB
    HEAVY Demolisher (Lascannon): 180 pts
    HEAVY Demolisher (Lascannon): 180 pts

Total: 1750 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey bud , nice list i really like it , couple of problems tho , 1st you need to have 2-5 infantry squads per platoon , i can only see one ,{correct me if im wrong}
    I would probably just upgrade the SWS into a infantry squad {identical to the first}, maybe drop the pistol on your commander to get the points needed.

its a shame you haven't put autocannons on your sentinals as strength 7 shots are so much better at popping vehicles, maybe dropping demolitions could cover all these points

Apart from that it looks great , good luck with your campaign
    If he persists, put a metal dreadnought in a sock and hit him once with it. Keep it within reach during your next game.
    Rannos

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Query: Lumbering behemoth means that all demolisher weapons could be fired if it only moved 6"?
    Nah, doesn't work like that i'm afraid mate. You're allowed to fire the turret weapon "in additon" to what you'd normaly be alowed to fire. So, if you moved 6" you'd be allowed to fire 1 Main weapon, all defence weapons and in addition to that the Turret Weapon.

Multilasers on Sentinels are alright, mine work fine. 9x Str6 shots is enough to knock out most transports. You'll struggle with AV12 but you'd got Infantry with autocannons to cover that.

Shotguns, Give these to the Melta gun Veterans. These guys work in the 12 inch zone. There is no difference between a Lasgun and a shotgun at 12" so it makes no big difference. But if gives you the ability to Shoot and then charge. Most times charging is a bad idea but it's nice to have the option too.

Drop the Lascannons on the Dmeolishers. BS3 and one shot isn't great. Not for 15pts a tank it isn't. Use those 30pts else where.

And yeah, sort out the platoon as it's only got 1 Infantry Squad.

Good Hunting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If at first you don't succeed..

[QUOTE][/You're allowed to fire the turret weapon "in additon" to what you'd normaly be alowed to fire. So, if you moved 6" you'd be allowed to fire 1 Main weapon, all defence weapons and in addition to that the Turret Weapon.]

Looks like I've got another re-conversion to do! Gonna drop the sponsons and Las and just have a HF - extra 55pts).Probably a silly question but do sponsons count as one (pair of) weapon or two weapons?

Maybe I'll take Pask on a LRBT or Vanquisher (instead of one of the Demolishers) for something with a bit of range and power?

Any idea where to get lots of shotguns?
    AND Oops on the Infantry Squad!

Back to the calculator!

QUERY: If you have a ruddy great missile towering over a chimera (Deathstrike) is it ignored for line of sight like a gun barrel, ariels etc. ????

QUERY: How many Las's can a Vendetta fire???

QUERY: Anybody tried out a Punisher yet as I'm just playing with a turret conversion and wonder if it's worth fielding (20 Str 5 Ap-, and 3 Str 5 AP4) Got to do some damage!?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Straken Awakes View Post

1:Any idea where to get lots of shotguns?

2: If you have a ruddy great missile towering over a chimera (Deathstrike) is it ignored for line of sight like a gun barrel, ariels etc. ????

3: How many Las's can a Vendetta fire???

4: Anybody tried out a Punisher yet

1: There's quite a few threads on the modelling board on how to make shotguns out of Lasguns. Thats pretty cheap. Otherwise you're looking at either getting Space Marine Scouts or Fowrge World Bits.

2: Nope. Thats the problem with big models. They're a git to hide. You can always just model a 'spotter' tank with loads of sensors and lenses on and say that that is 'calling in' a Death Strike.

3: If it stays still or moves up to 6", all 3. If it moves over 6" up to 12" it can fire one. More than this it can fire nothing. This should all be in your rule book. Look up FAST Vehicles.

4: Nope. Very Expensive and can't see it killing more than a Normal/Russ demolisher. Put Pask in it and it becomes nasty but again, expensive. I prefer Pask in an Exterminator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ain't no fun

[QUOTE][/Thats the problem with big models. They're a git to hide. You can always just model a 'spotter' tank with loads of sensors and lenses on and say that that is 'calling in' a Death Strike.]

Probably only use a DeathStrike in a fun game or scenario and a ruddy great missile launcher would look awesome, but see your point and in a serious game a missile command vehicle would be a better option...might have a go at making one - sounds interesting.

Thanks for the ideas for shotguns - will follow a few threads.

Punisher - might leave it for keeping the Nids at bay.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Punisher:
    Hmmm, Against Hoard armies it would deffinatly make an impact. Against armies with any kind of save, even Tau will weather the worst of the Pain and you might as well have gone with something like a Normal Russ, which doesn't hit as many but gets through their save so kills around the same.
    It's got it's uses but theres tanks out there that do the same hurt for cheaper it seems. Which is a shame because i love the Punisher.

Death Strike:
    I just don;t like the idea of some Continent spanning weapon being fired from around 100yards away. It just seems silly to me!! Same as Manticores too. The spotter tank idea was something i've been toying with for a while....... I'm just unsure how my opponents would react to it as it isn't exactly WYSWIG
    Last edited by Lord Borak; October 13th, 2009 at 22:17.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast