1700 point space marine list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1700 point space marine list

hey guys,i have been working on these 3, 1700 point lists, i believe that they r pretty good, but i know you guys know much better so, i would like to know, what you guys think of them, i would also like to know between the first 2 lists which one you like bettter, or add or take away things that u think will make this list better, and finally which list is the best overall thanks alot .

1700 SPACE MARINE ARMY LIST
    HQ:
    Pedro = 175pts (joins land raider)

Troops:
    Tactical Squad - 10 men, flamer, missile launcher, power fist, Rhino = 230pts

Elites:
    Terminator Assault Squad – 5 mean, 2 lightning claws, 3 thunder hammers, Land raider = 450pts
    Terminator Assault Squad – 5 mean, 3 lightning claws, 2 thunder hammers = 200pts
    Sternguard Squad - 5 men, plasma cannon x2, Razorback w/ TL-LC, storm bolter = 230pts

Fast Attack:
    Multi Melta Attack Bike x2 = 100pts

Heavy Support:
    Predator, heavy bolter sponsons = 85pts

TOTAL = 1700pts

or

HQ:
    Pedro = 175pts (joins land raider)

Troops:
    Tactical Squad - 10 men (combat squad), flamer, missile launcher, power fist, Razorback w/ TL-LC, storm bolter = 280pts
    Tactical Squad - 10 men (combat squad), flamer, missile launcher, power fist, Razorback w/ TL-LC, storm bolter =280pts

Elites:
    Terminator Assault Squad – 5 mean, 2 lightning claws, 3 thunder hammers, Land raider = 450pts
    Terminator Assault Squad – 5 mean, 3 lightning claws, 2 thunder hammers = 200pts
    Sternguard Squad - 5 men, plasma cannon x2, Razorback w/ TL-LC, storm bolter = 230pts

Heavy Support:

TOTAL = 1700pts

or

HQ:
    Pedro (joins 9 man sternguard) = 175pts

Troops:

Elites:
    Sternguard Squad - 9 men, combi-melta x2, Rhino
    = 270pts
    Sternguard Squad - 5 men, plasma cannon x2,
    Razorback w/ TL-LC = 220pts

Fast Attack:
    Vanguard Veteran Squad – 8 men, jump packs, power fist = 205pts

Heavy Support:

TOTAL = 1700pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

leeds yorkshire england am not a yorkie though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take your plasma cannons out of your sternguard its sucha waste if your gonna take anything take assault/rapid fire speacial weapons take the hvy flamer as its so good best out of the lot ignores cover ap4 S5 try taking two in a ten man squad with drop pod and 8 combi meltas( only really competitive way to play them is drop pod down combat squad and combi melta m/c or tanks

can you put your lists in different colours make it easier to look at please its late lol

right let me try and give you my 2 pence worth

list 1

troops are sound and pedro is good hq try and find the ten points to upgrade your rhinos to razor backs and combat squad them leaving the hvy weapons at home obj(plasma cannons would be ok here)

get rid of 1 termie squad and put a tooled up sternguard as above that should be 350(with a pf just in case)put pedro with these as he has an orbital bombardment your more likely to use than if you had him with termies

dump the pred there cack use the points to beef the other sternguard up ill post the army in next post
    ----------
    HQ:
    Pedro = 175pts
    Lysander=200

Troops:
    Tactical Squad - 10 men, flamer, missile launcher, power fist, Razor back = 235pts
    Tactical Squad - 10 men, flamer, missile launcher, power fist, drop pod = 230pts

Elites:
    Terminator Assault Squad – 5 mean, 2 lightning claws, 3 thunder hammers, 200
    Sternguard Squad - 10man,7 combi meltas,,1 Hvy Flamer,Drop pod=330
    Sternguard Squad - 10man,6 combi meltas,1hvy flamer,,Drop pod=325

TOTAL = 1695pts

thats an idea i just had very small very elite but every unit scores(bar termies) basically your 2hvy weapon teams sit on your home obj the two speacial weapon combat squad drive around in the razorbacks and take obj

termies deep strike in and squish something the 2 drop pods coming in first turn are your sternguard 1 with lysander 1 with pedro(use pedros chapter tactics) they nuke any monstrous creatures or tanks the two pods drop close so anyone with in 12 inches of pedro gets 21 extra attack including lysander

lysander uses his bolter drill on his sternguard depending what your facing you can combat squad the sternguard or not defo pedros 50/50 for lysanders hopefully you should do well with it
    Last edited by cheeky plague; October 13th, 2009 at 00:09.
    i rock my world

+ Reply to Thread