1750 Space Wolf Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Space Wolf Tourney List

First time playing Space Marines at all so I am still rather new to making SPace Marine army lists, so feel free to tear this one apart. I play Tau and have decided Space Wolves are a perfectly opposite army to Tau.

HQ:

Wolf Lord - 210 pts
    -Runic Armor, Storm Shield, Power Fist, Saga of the Bear

Rune Priest - 205 pts
    -Runic Armor, Jump Pack, Chooser of the Slain, Master of Runes. Powers: Jaws of the World Wolf, Storm Caller

Elite:

Wolf Guard Pack - 275 pts
    4 Terminators w/storm shields, 1 w/cyclone missile launcher
    1 in Power Armor ("Crazy Willy") with the Mark of the Wulfen
    Dedicated Transport: Land Raider w/Multimelta +260 pts

Troops:

Grey Hunter Pack - 225 pts
    10 Hunters, 1 w/Mark of the Wulfen, 1 w/ Flamer, 1 w/Meltagun, 1 w/Wolf Standard
    Dedicated Transport: Rhino w/extra storm bolter

Grey Hunter Pack - 225 pts
    10 Hunters, 1 w/Mark of the Wulfen, 1 w/ Flamer, 1 w/Meltagun, 1 w/Wolf Standard
    Dedicated Transport: Rhino w/extra storm bolter

Fast Attack:

Skyclaw Assault Pack - 200 pts
    10 Skyclaws, 1 w/Mark of the Wulfen, 1 w/Flamer

Heavy Attack:

Long Fang Pack - 150 pts
    1 Team Leader, 4 Long Fangs w/Missile Launchers
    Dedicated Transport: Rhino

Total: 1750

Wolf Lord will roll with the Wolf Guard in their pimpin ride, acting as the spearhead of the army, drawing heavy fire and coming out of it with smiles on their faces. Rune Priest will roll with the Skyclaw Assault Pack, giving them cover saves with his Storm Caller power and also getting really good angles for his Jaws of the World Wolf power. Everything else is pretty self explanitory.

The plan is to have a very tough and very manueverable force.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

The skyclaw flamer will almost never be used. If you are in 6" you cannot fire anything and if you are out of assault range you are usually out of flamer range or at least only in range of one model.

Upgrade the longfang rhino to a razorback for a little fire support. You are also a little troop light for a 1750 point list so dropping an HQ is recomended for another 10 grey hunters.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    The skyclaw flamer will almost never be used. If you are in 6" you cannot fire anything and if you are out of assault range you are usually out of flamer range or at least only in range of one model.
    With the Rune Priest with jump pack moving with the skyclaw unit they will indeed be able to use the flamer because his presence nullifies their Headstrong rule.

Upgrade the longfang rhino to a razorback for a little fire support. You are also a little troop light for a 1750 point list so dropping an HQ is recomended for another 10 grey hunters.
    Since the Long Fangs are a heavy weapons focussed group, and the Razorback has no fire points, I just can't see me doing this. Also, while I have only 2 groups of troops, the Skyclaws can fill the third group, even though they can't claim objectives. I just can't see where I can afford to drop anything else without lowering the effectivenes of the unit as a whole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The long fangs wont be shooting from the rhino as it will be moving which counts as them moving, so a razorback is probably a better choice

T.G.
    I'm Useless :D

+ Reply to Thread