Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 pt. 1st list in 6yrs.

789 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  enigma462 
#1 ·
So, I have been away from 40k (or any game really) for a number of year and recently got that itch to stare playing again. I have the new Codex Space Marine, but not the new rule book yet (hopefully soon) Anyway, here is a list I have made, and like I said this is the first list in quick some time. For the most part I will be playing a good friend of mine that plays DE (I know... they are out there) so the list is geared toward that, but I would like it to be an army I can play anytime. It is focused on getting into close combat quickly. So, here we go.... feel free to rip it apart.

HQ-
Captain-155
jump pack, storm shield, lighting claw

Librarian-100
Smite and Force Dome

Troop-
10 man Tac. Squad - 205
Sergeant w/ chain sword
Drop pod

10 man tac. Squad- 265
lascanon
Sergeant w/ chain sword
Rino w/ Extra Armor, HK

Fast-
10 man Assualt squad- 210
Sergeant w/ power weapon, melta bombs

Elites-

Ironclad- 190
drop pod
Deathwing ML

10 man Sterngaurd- 350
Heavy Flamer
4x combi- melta
drop pod
deathwing ML

Total 1475

I was planing to put the Cap. with the Assault squad and the Librarian with the Sterngaurd. Also, thinking about dropping the dred and the stern in 1st turn and save the troops for a little later. Anyway, any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
HQ: Captain isn't bad but a better option to lead the assault marines would be a jumping chaplin with digiweapons. He is less good in combat but makes the squad fearless and gets them all to reroll hits on the charge. Librarian is fine.

Elites: Drop the deathwind missiles. They cannot fire on the turn you arrive and are rather expensive. Put a PF in the sternguard. Most enemies will charge them to stop them firing a second time.

Troops: Drop pod squad should take a flamer and a MM. You may not use the MM very often but it is nice to have the option and he can always move and fire his pistol. The Sarge should also have at least a PW as they tend to operate close to the enemy. Other squad I would give them a razorback for firepower support and because you will combat squad them anyway. Also give them a plasma or meltagun. extra armour should only be used on landraiders.

Fast: Good. Upgrade the PW to a PF and drop MBs. If a dread or defiler assault you the PF is a lot better. A flamer could be a nice way of using up any spare points at the end.

Overall a good list but you are a little troop light. With the points saved from the captain you could buy some sniper scouts if you downgrade the ironclad to a basic MM/HF dread.

#4 ·
Revised

Changed a few things, I like the rules for the Chaplin, but I really dislike the models, haha... I will just do some converting.

HQ-
Chaplin w/ Digital weapon, jumpack-135

Librarian-100
Smite and Force Dome

Troop-
10 man Tac. Squad - 220
Sergeant w/ power weapon
flamer
multi-melta
Drop pod

10 man tac. Squad- 220
lascanon
flamer
Sergeant w/ power weapon
Rino

Scout Squad- 98
4x sniper rifles
1 heavy bolter

Fast-
10 man Assualt squad- 215
Sergeant w/ power fist

Elites-

Ironclad- 170
drop pod

10 man Sterngaurd- 340
Sergeant w/ power fist
Heavy Flamer
4x combi- melta
drop pod

Total 1498

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.