1500p need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500p need help

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

1500p need help

Right, so this is what I got so far. It's not a list aiming to be tournament worthy or anything. It should however be able to perform, and I know it lacks in several areas (armor and anti armor for instance), but at least it got a few cool elements (which means more to me than "cheese"). It's still a few points short of 1,500 points, so suggestions for changes and additions are welcome.

Chaplain: 125
    Jump Pack
    Digital Weapons

Librarian: 125
    Terminator Armor
    Powers: Machine Curse and The Gate of Infinity?

Tactical Squad 1: 195
    10 Marines
    Flamer, Missile Launcher
    Power Fist

Tactical Squad 2: 175+
    10 Marines
    Undecided Sgt. upgrades and Heavy Weapon

Scout Squad: 180
    10 Scouts
    5 Sniper Rifles
    Heavy Bolter
    Camo Cloaks

Terminator Squad: 230
    Assault Cannon

Fast Attack

Assault Squad: 235
    10 Marines
    2 Flamers
    Power Fist

Heavy Support

Whirlwind 85

Total: 1350+

Although two HQ choices might be a tad many, I like the two I got - they round out two heavy hitting squads.

With 150 points left, give or take, I feel I have to add more anti-armor, or possibly add more of it myself.

Half, or the whole, Scout squad could perhaps be cut for either Rhinos/Razorbacks, a Vindicator or a Dreadnought of some sort.

There's also a Sergeant to equip and heavy weapon to pick. Perhaps Power Weapon, Combi-Melta, Meltabombs. Then move the ML from Squad 1 to Squad 2 and get a Lascannon for Squad 1? I could also see about a Chainfist or two (only too bad I've glued those termies...) or put a couple of Meltabombs around? (On the Chaplain and possibly Assault Sergeant seems smart). With that, and only a 5-man Sniper Scout Squad, I could still probably fit a Vindicator into the mix? Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements

9 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

HQ: 2 HQs are often too much but both yours are cheap so they should be fine. I reccomend gate and vortex for the powers or gate and nullzone.

Troops: Squad 1 if you are advancing then take a MM instead of the ML as you will not need the range. Are the scouts going to combat squad? even so i would give them all sniper rifles.

Elites: Fine

Fast: Good.

With your remaining points get 2 razorbacks for the tac squads or one and a rhino. Then look at some landspeeders or MM armed attack bikes.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

Thanks for the advice.

How about the following changes:

Tactical Squad 1: Replace ML wit MM; Added Rhino (no upgrades). (Total: 230 points)

Tactical Squad 2: Added Razorback (no upgrades) (Total: 240 points)

Scout Squad: Reduced to 5 Scouts with Sniper Rifles and Cloaks (Total: 90 points)

Added 2 Attack Bikes with Multi-Meltas (Total: 100 points)

This gives me exactly 40 points left. Ideas for how to use them:

- Remove Squad 2's Lascannon (replace with Missile Launcher) to get another 10 points and add a third Attack Bike. 0 Points left.

- Give the Razorback better weapons (Twin Linked Lasgun, for instance), and a sergeant or the Chaplain Meltabombs. 0 points left.

- Upgrade the Transports (Extra Armor on both and a Storm Bolter for the Razorback or something). 0 points left.

- Turn the Attack Bikes into two Land Speeders. Upgrade to Multi-Melta, and add either a Heavy Flamer or Heavy Bolter. 0 points left.

- Take a Razorback instead of Rhino for Squad 1, keep the ML and upgrade the weapons on the Razorback (to eg. Lascannons). 0 points left.

- Other, better options?

EDIT: Actually, I've decided to stick with Attack Bikes for now - mainly monetary, but also point reasons...
    Last edited by Northman; October 16th, 2009 at 18:57.

+ Reply to Thread