2000 pt. Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pt. Space Wolves

HQ: 200
    Wolfguard battle leader, Thunderwolf Mount, Saga of the Warior born, Frost Blade, Wolf Tooth necklace, Runic Armor - 200

Pretty standard here, in 2000 points i would have liked to get the wold lord, thinking about switching him for Canis Wolfborn. Regardless this guy should flat out rule combats, S6 power weapon weapon attacks is pretty sweet. Travels with the Thunder wolves, providing the main ground Support along with swift Claws.

Elite: 469
    3x Wolf Guard, Jump Packs; 1 w/ Mark of the Wulfen, 1 w/ Power Fist, Bolt pistol 1 w/ Storm Sheild, Frost Blade. - 189
    Join what i beleive to be an otherwise questionable unit of swiftclaws, really gives the ability to have a hard hitting unit. Pretty diverse, now with two wulfen, two powerfists, and the Frost blade, thinking of droping the storm sheild; at the same time it gives more survivability to the unit as a whole.

Dreadnaught, Multi-Melta, Dreadnaught Close combat weapon, Drop pod- 140
    Dreadnaught, Multi-Melta, Dreadnaught Close combat weapon, Drop pod - 140
    Plan to hold these pretty self explanatory as well, ideally i'd like smoke launchers for them but points not really alowing, also heavy flamer would be nice; oh well. I would normally take the Missile launcher on this load out, for just in case purposes, but i feel thats pretty unfluffy.

Troop: 690
    10x Grey Hunters, Power Fist, 2x Melta, Mark of the Wulfen, Drop Pod - 230

Again self explanatory, drop on objectives, and or advantageous local's, have them kitted out for just about anything.

FAST: 636
    4x Thunderwolves, Power Fist, Meltabomb - 230
    These really provide the core assult unit in my army, they hug cover and really takes apart just about anything unfortunite enough to come across it.

7x Skyclaws, Power Fist, Mark of the Wulfen, Melta gun - 176
    These along with the wolf guard bodyguards, form the major support of my army, with there manuverability, and shere combat ability, they should a terror on the battle feild.

1995 pts.
    Models: 51

I have a tournament this weekend, and could really use the feed back, there is also a 2500 entry, so help would be greatly appricated. I know the lack of heavy support is unpopular, and i am worried about the not having enough anti tank. Please advice would be appricated, I know i'll be playing at least 1 eldar player (mech), a Nid Zilla list, a Mech Tau list, along with 2 Marrine List, or rather these will be the armies compeating.

- David

Last edited by proxy406; October 16th, 2009 at 19:21.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

HQ: 200
    Wolfguard battle leader, Thunderwolf Mount, Saga of the Warior born, Frost Blade, Wolf Tooth necklace, Runic Armor - 200

Pretty standard here, in 2000 points i would have liked to get the wold lord, thinking about switching him for Canis Wolfborn. Regardless this guy should flat out rule combats, S6 power weapon weapon attacks is pretty sweet. Travels with the Thunder wolves, providing the main ground Support along with swift Claws.
    I think IC at that cost needs a invulnerable save a lot. Belt of russ works fine with the frost blade, so you get the 2 cc bonus. The problem is of course that the WGBL can't have the belt. The SS is in my opion a better upgrade than warrior born/runic armour, but then you lose the 2cc-weapon bonus. So i would have prefered to buy the wolf lord for added A and LD, and the belt. I usually thinks sagas gets expensive, but prefere the bear-saga over warrior born. But that's my tast. (no bear-saga for the WGBL).

A WL on TWM, with frost blade and belt of russ is 195, throw in some melta bombs, and you have a better IC in my opinion, at the same points.

A wolf lord on TW is a lot better than Canis, unless you're going heavy on wolfs.

Elite: 469
    3x Wolf Guard, Jump Packs; 1 w/ Mark of the Wulfen, 1 w/ Power Fist, Bolt pistol 1 w/ Storm Sheild, Frost Blade. - 189
    Join what i beleive to be an otherwise questionable unit of swiftclaws, really gives the ability to have a hard hitting unit. Pretty diverse, now with two wulfen, two powerfists, and the Frost blade, thinking of droping the storm sheild; at the same time it gives more survivability to the unit as a whole.
    I'm a little unshure what you mean here. You can not attach 3 WG to one unit of skyclaws.

Dreadnaught, Multi-Melta, Dreadnaught Close combat weapon - 140
    Plan to hold these pretty self explanatory as well, ideally i'd like smoke launchers for them but points not really alowing, also heavy flamer would be nice; oh well. I would normally take the Missile launcher on this load out, for just in case purposes, but i feel thats pretty unfluffy.
    Smoke launchers are included in base-equipment. With all you're pods, i would considered podding these too.

Again self explanatory, drop on objectives, and or advantageous local's, have them kitted out for just about anything.
    I'm a fan of GH. This units are fine. I would consider to give some the wolf standard. It's great.

FAST: 636
    These really provide the core assult unit in my army, they hug cover and really takes apart just about anything unfortunite enough to come across it.
    These one's are fine.

7x Skyclaws, Power Fist, Mark of the Wulfen, Melta gun - 176
    These along with the wolf guard bodyguards, form the major support of my army, with there manuverability, and shere combat ability, they should a terror on the battle feild.
    Can only have one WG attached.

On the 2500 topic, i would have upgraded with:
    - make the WGBL a WL
    - Throw in a rune priest with LL and JOTWW
    - some long range fire power from the heavy slots; either long fangs or some vechiles.

Cheers and good luck with the tourny

Last edited by Tyfus; October 16th, 2009 at 15:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dreadnaughts are droppodding, its includded in the price; i just forgot to add in wargear. When i say that the Wolfguard will be joining the sky claws, i mean that they will in effect form one larger unit. in reality they will just ride alongside with the sky claws. For movement purposes be screaned by them, such that a savy enemy wont be able to just pick them off. Also i might just consider, the wolf lord with belt of russ. If anyone else could help me with the tactica though that'd me much apricated.
    Last edited by proxy406; October 16th, 2009 at 15:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by proxy406 View Post
    The dreadnaughts are droppodding, its includded in the price; i just forgot to add in wargear. When i say that the Wolfguard will be joining the sky claws, i mean that they will in effect form one larger unit. in reality they will just ride alongside with the sky claws. For movement purposes be screaned by them, such that a savy enemy wont be able to just pick them off. Also i might just consider, the wolf lord with belt of russ. If anyone else could help me with the tactica though that'd me much apricated.
    Ah i didn't check the points on the dreads. That explains it.
    On the WG squad hiding behind the skyclaws, i'm unshure if this is a good idea. The enemy will be able to shoot at them. You will get the cover save, but unless it's ap2 or better, your 3+ will be used. Massed fire will hurt it. You have no wounds on "cheap" models, so every unsaved wound will hurt a expensive model.

On the tactic stuff:

VS mech eldar:

- With that list you will struggle. Your antitank is mostly CC or meltaguns. you will have problem using bouth against a fast moving eldar skimmer army.
    - another problem could be all the pods. Around here people facing all-out pod-army, or heavy pod-armies, a lot of the times stay in reserve. You will then have to commit 3 pods with mostly short range fire (dreads included). The eldar skimmers can pick you apart with focusing on a flank and staying far away.
    - you could have used some more anti-tank or anti-light vec. Long fangs with missiles is great. The rune priest is very dandy against armies focusing on psychic powers.
    - if the mission has objects and the eldar player stay in reserve; drop on objects and try to find cover. They will at some time come to you.

VS nidzilla.
    - this could work better.
    - you have som good cc-units and melta against MC.
    - but here also you lack some long range fire.
    - here a runepriest with the Jaws power could be a winner

VS mech tau
    - some of the same problems as against eldar
    - but they don't have any psychic powers or defence, so here also a runepriest could wreck havoc with LL.
    Last edited by Tyfus; October 16th, 2009 at 18:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: 345
    Wolf Lord, Belt of Russ, Frost Blade, Thunder Wolf Mount, Wolf tooth necklice. - 205

Rune Priest, Jump pack, Wolf Tooth Necklice, Jaws of the wolf world, Living lightning - 140

Elite: 280
    Dreadnaught, Multi-Melta, Dreadnaught Close combat weapon Drop Pod - 140
    Dreadnaught, Multi-Melta, Dreadnaught Close combat weapon Drop Pod- 140

10x Grey Hunters, Power Fist, 2x Melta, Mark of the Wulfen, Rhino - 230
    10x Grey Hunters, Power Fist, 2x Melta, Mark of the Wulfen, Rhino - 230

FAST: 690
    10x Skyclaws, Power Fist, Mark of the Wulfen, Melta gun - 230

2000 pts.
    Models: 54

This is the revised list i have come upwith. i lost the wolf guard as good as they would be, massed fire would seriously hurt them. especially against the tau and eldar. I think the rune priest will honestly be my most valauble unit, and could make the skyclaws pretty fearsome. Should i go with a walking dreadnaught, with TL lascannon's and the like?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

give the TW some storm shields they are very vuneralbe to plasma spamming and S10 AP1-2 pie plates. plus you lack anti-horde. nothing two whirlwinds won't fix. you also need an objective sitting squad. something like razorback with lacannon and plasma gun with a 5 man grey hunter squad with a plasma gun won't fix ^^. and at 2000 points. your gonna need 4-5 preferably 5 troops choices to be competitive.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    give the TW some storm shields they are very vuneralbe to plasma spamming and S10 AP1-2 pie plates. plus you lack anti-horde. nothing two whirlwinds won't fix. you also need an objective sitting squad. something like razorback with lacannon and plasma gun with a 5 man grey hunter squad with a plasma gun won't fix ^^. and at 2000 points. your gonna need 4-5 preferably 5 troops choices to be competitive.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    I disagree. While plasma is a problem, for the most part people are generally using meltaguns, which while deadly, aren't quite as bad as plasma. Also, most races don';t really have lots of S10 weapons. Guard, SM, and CSM have demo cannons but other races only have oneshot weapons. Also, TWC can hug cover pretty well and they have really long assault ranges. Add in that he has a lot of podding dreads and GH that can flank a vindicator and I don't think it will be a big problem/.

As for the troop choices i don't think he needs more than he has. He has 3 units of GH with two in Rhinos. I think thats enough as long as he plays smartly with them.

As for things I'm not a fan of, I don't really like Pfs on things other than WG. Outside of WG they're just single attack weapons that cost a crapton of points. They cost a lot more points than a PW, but if you don't manage a counter attack or aren't charging then a PW is far superior. Even if you do get the charge with GH the PW is only slightly worse than the PF. A single PF also isn't enough to do much against a dread or a MC. You're nearly better off just hoping to get lots of rends with your MotW dude (MotW is the best CC upgrade for GH).
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

Phalanx with all due respect. if you don't play someone who has some sort of spam AP w
    weaponary, your not playing a good player ( or lots and ltos fo shots ) 4 troops is the standard for gt lists. i would gladly elaborate on this, but time is of no use to me when it eludes me ^^. as prince, he may enlighten while i am away .
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alrighty here goes, after a little experimentation, i have come up with this:

HQ: 170

Wolf Lord
    - Belt Of Russ, Thunder wolf Mount - 170

ELite: 240

- Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod

Split Wolf Guard Unit - included below

Troops: 759
    Grey Hunter Pack - 253 pts
    -7x Grey Hunters w/Bolters, -1xGrey Hunter w/Mark of the Wulfen and Bolter, -1xGrey Hunter with Bolt Pistol and Power Fist, -1xWolf Guard w/Two Wolf Claws and Melta bombs
    -Dedicated Transport: Rhino

-7x Grey Hunters w/Bolters, -1xGrey Hunter w/Mark of the Wulfen and Bolter, -1xGrey Hunter with Bolt Pistol and Power Fist, -1xWolf Guard w/Two Wolf Claws and Melta bombs

-Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod

Fast Attack: 360

3x Thunderwolves, Power Fist, Meltabomb - 180

Heavy Support: 470

Long Fangs 235
    -Pack leader w/ Plasma gun, -3x Long Fang w/ Lascannon, -2x Long Fang W/ Missile launcher
    - Dedicared Transport: Drop Pod.

Long Fangs 235
    -Pack leader w/ Plasma gun, -3x Long Fang w/ Lascannon, -2x Long Fang W/ Missile launcher
    - Dedicared Transport: Drop Pod.

Drop pod in for exact fire position, and fire lanes. (Dont know if you can fire out of drop pod, even if you can't 1 turn of missed shooting really isnt that bad)

1999pts

or List 2

HQ: 340

Rune Priest
    - Jump Pack, Wolf Tooth Necklice, Jaws of Wolf WOrld, Living Lightning, Melta Bomb - 145

Wolf Lord
    - Belt Of Russ, Thunder wolf Mount, Frost Blade, Melta Bomb - 195

ELite: 240

Split Wolf Guard Unit - included below

Troops: 759

-Dedicated Transport: Drop Pod

Fast Attack: 660

Sky Claw Pack - 300
    6x Skyclaws w/Bolters, 1x Skyclaws w/Power Fist, 1x Skyclaws w/ Mark of the Wulfen, 1xSkyclaws w/ Melta gun, 1x Wolf Guard w Storm Sheild + Frost Blade

1999pts

List 1 has a lot more AT, and shooting options, with all the drop podding, i really should be able to place stuff strategically where i need it. WHere as No. 2 is pretty intimidating in assult. a 3rd option, is to take one of the drop podding long fangs, and turn it into two vindicators. at equal cost.... Anyways be interested to see what you guys think

- David

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast