Pure Inquisition (DH/WH) 1750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Pure Inquisition (DH/WH) 1750

In my refusal to induct IG out of principal I've made a list that incorporates sisters of battle.

Inquisitor Lord
    Termie armor, Psycannon, Auspex
    HBx2,PC, Sagex2, Mystic

Callidus Assassin

PAGKx9(in LR)

PAGKx9(in LR)

Battle Sistersx10
    Vet with Book
    Rhino with smoke

Battle Sistersx10
    Vet with Book
    Rhino with smoke

GK Landraider
    Smoke

GK Landraider
    Smoke

1750pts on the dot.

What do you guys think? I think it's got the mobility and anti-armor as well as a good bit of troops. My only concern is lack of faith (2) for the sisters, but they're mainly there for the meltas.

Also, what would be the best option for going up to 1850? I was thinking about dropping the knights to 7 and adding in either another 7 man squad, or a 5 and 2 psycannons.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

As of right now, you can't use this list because you need a GK Hero in order to take the GK Land Raiders. You'll need at least a Brother-Captain in order to include them.

I personally think that Inquisitor/Inquisitor Lord squads are best built as:

Inquisitor w/ Bolt Pistol, Close combat weapon
    2 x Sage
    1 x Mystic
    1 x Multi-Melta Servitor
    1 x Rhino w/ Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers

Not too expensive and you get a mobile, re-rollable melta. Shooty inquisitors are still decent, but with all the new cover Rules it isn't uncommon to have 50% of wounds blocked. I would use Incinerators for the anti-infantry job.

I think you forgot to include the melta guns in the Sisters Squads. You might want to consider a flamer/heavy flamer squad as well for anti-infantry. Mount them up in a rhino and they do pretty well.
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is your list made legal (with a GK brother captain and elite inquisitor) and it comes to 1758 points

can't recommend army builder enough, does all your validation for you and makes it near impossible to take an illegal list

you'd probably want to switch out one LR for an LRC so the brother captain can ride with one GK squad

1750 Pts - Daemonhunters Roster

HQ: Grey Knight Hero (1#, 61 pts)
    . . 0 Grey Knight Hero @ 61 pts (Brother Captain)
    . . . . 1 Brother-Captain (Terminator Armour)

Elite: Assassin Operative (1#, 120 pts)
    . . 1 Assassin Operative @ 120 pts (Callidus Assassin; C'tan Phase Sword; Neural Shredder; Poison Blades; Polymorphine; A Word in Your Ear; Jump Back)

Elite: Inquisitor (7#, 173 pts)
    . . 1 Inquisitor @ 173 pts (Auspex; Psycannon)
    . . . . 1 Mystic (Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon)
    . . . . 1 Sage (Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon)
    . . . . 1 Sage (Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon)
    . . . . 2 Warrior (Gun Servitor; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Heavy Bolter x2; Targeter)
    . . . . 1 Warrior (Gun Servitor; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Targeter; Plasma Cannon x1)
    . . . . . . 1 Plasma Cannon

Troops: Grey Knights (9#, 250 pts)
    . . 8 Grey Knights @ 250 pts (Nemesis Force Weapon x8; Storm Bolter x8; True Grit)
    . . . . 1 Grey Knight Justicar (Nemesis Force Weapon; Storm Bolter; True Grit Hero)

Troops: Grey Knights (9#, 250 pts)
    . . 8 Grey Knights @ 250 pts (Nemesis Force Weapon x8; Storm Bolter x8; True Grit)
    . . . . 1 Grey Knight Justicar (Nemesis Force Weapon; Storm Bolter; True Grit Hero)

Troops: Battle Sisters Squad (11#, 199 pts)
    . . 9 Battle Sisters Squad [WH] @ 199 pts (Bolter x7; Meltagun x2; Mount in Rhino)
    . . . . 1 Rhino [WH] (Storm Bolter)
    . . . . 1 Veteran Sister Superior [WH] (Book of St. Lucius)

Troops: Battle Sisters Squad (11#, 199 pts)
    . . 9 Battle Sisters Squad [WH] @ 199 pts (Bolter x7; Meltagun x2; Mount in Rhino)
    . . . . 1 Rhino [WH] (Storm Bolter)
    . . . . 1 Veteran Sister Superior [WH] (Book of St. Lucius)

Heavy Support: Grey Knight Land Raider (1#, 253 pts)
    . . 1 Grey Knight Land Raider @ 253 pts (Power of the Machine Spirit; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Heavy Bolter; Twin Linked Lascannon x2)

Heavy Support: Grey Knight Land Raider (1#, 253 pts)
    . . 1 Grey Knight Land Raider @ 253 pts (Power of the Machine Spirit; Smoke Launchers; Twin Linked Heavy Bolter; Twin Linked Lascannon x2)

Total Roster Cost: 1758

Created with Army Builder - Try it for free at Lone Wolf Development
    less hate more kittens

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Hrm.. I do seem to have forgotten that tidbit about the hero, but the sister squads each have 2 meltas in the points costs. I don't like hand held multimeltas, they really don't work out, at least in my experiences. My shooty Inq has done it's job for me in the past, cover or not. I have been trying out a different Inq with Artificer armor in a rhino with 3 meltas and 3 accolytes in artificer armor. A kind of pricy, but it's damn durable and is almost gaurenteed to pop any armor. It's pretty much been one extreme or the other with it though (stupid monolith).

I changed things around, it's now an 1850 list.

Inquisitor Lord
    Termie armor, Psycannon, Auspex
    HBx2,PC, Sagex2, Mystic

Grandmaster
    Incinerator, Melta Bombs

Callidus Assassin

PAGKx7(in LR)
    Melta Bombs

PAGKx7(in LR)
    Melta Bombs

Battle Sistersx10
    Vet with Book
    2 Melta Guns
    Rhino with smoke

Battle Sistersx10
    Vet with Book
    2 Melta Guns
    Rhino with smoke

GK Landraider
    Smoke

GK Landraider
    Smoke

1850pts on the dot.

Kind of a quick change, but basically, you put the GM in the LR with the Incinerator squad. The meltabombs were a quick point kill and emergency anti-tank if the melta squads don't pull through. For a 1750 list, I could get away with taking a second inquisitor and just having the LRs be transports for the Inqs, though I'd need to walk my knights. I'll think of something later when I'm more awake.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

You should give each PAGK squad 2x incinerators. Remove 1 PAGK from each squad to do so if you must. They are definitely worth it.

+ Reply to Thread