1000 pts - Death Korps IG Codex List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

1000 pts - Death Korps IG Codex List

I'm new to IG (usually play SM) and I just received my first shipment of DKoK figures from FW. After looking at what I have I can just about put together the following list. Instead of using the obsolete Vraks list I'm using the 5th ed. IG codex so that I will be tourney legal.

I'm trying to keep the list Krieg fluffy while starting a core army that can be expanded as I buy more models. The only thing I'm missing model-wise is the Leman Russ, but I'll order that by Christmas.

Death Korps - 1000 pts

4 Company Command Squad - 115 pts
    Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x4; Lasgun x2; Regimental Standard; Vox Caster; Meltagun x2; Bodyguard
    1 Company Commander
    Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Refractor Field; Laspistol; Power Weapon; Senior Officer
    1 Bodyguard
    Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon; Laspistol; Look out - Arghh!

9 Veteran Squad - 200 pts
    Carapace Armour; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x9; Shotgun x6; Plasmagun x3; Chimera; Grenadiers
    1 Veteran Sergeant
    Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades; Carapace Armour; Shotgun
    1 Chimera
    Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Turret Multi-Laser; Heavy Flamer

4 Platoon Command Squad - 265pts
    Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x4; Lasgun x1; Vox Caster; Flamer x1; Grenade Launcher x2; Commander Chenkov
    1 Commander Chenkov
    Bolt Pistol; Carapace Armour; Frag Grenades; Power Weapon; Forward, You Dogs!; Taskmaster
    9 Infantry Squad
    Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x8; Flak Armour; Lasgun x9; Plasmagun x1; Commissar
    1 Commissar
    Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Bolt Pistol; Close Combat Weapon; Stubborn
    1 Sergeant
    Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon
    9 Infantry Squad
    Frag Grenades; Close Combat Weapon x8; Flak Armour; Lasgun x9; Plasmagun x1
    1 Sergeant
    Flak Armour; Frag Grenades; Laspistol; Close Combat Weapon

Fast Attack
    1 Hellhound - 145 pts
    Inferno Cannon; Multi-Melta

Heavy Support
    1 Leman Russ Battle Tank - 150 pts
    Battle Cannon; Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers

Heavy Support
    1 Basilisk - 125 pts
    Earthshaker Cannon; Heavy Bolter; Searchlight; Smoke Launchers

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements

In the Loft
    60 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2052 (x8)

Blimey. You don't need to write down ALL the equipment they're carrying. Just the upgrades.

Ok, I'd grab something other than Melta guns though. 2 12" guns on foot wont do much so i'd go with 2 G-Launchers, or fitting with Krieg go with a Heavy Weapon. Body Guard is a bit of a waste too.

Vetes - They don;t really need the Carapace armour as they're nice and safe in the Chimera. But if you're using the Kreig Grenadiers then thats fair enough. I would however grab 2 of these units. Having one just means it hurts bad when they die. Having a back up is always a good plan.

PCS - Chenkov is fluffy so thats cool. The Flamer, G-Launcher is an odd combo though. Just stick to one type of weapon.
    Infantry - You don;t need a commissar with Chenkov about. take one or the other. Also Plasma Guns on BS3 models isn't the best use of points as you just wont make the points back. Give them soemthing cheap like a G-Launcher.

You need more infantry. Krieg have Swarms of advancing Infantry Supported by mass Heavy Weapon Squads. They are stupidly expensive though so i can understand why you want to remain light on infantry. Having said that though your advancing infantry with no solid fire base will die. Change the Advancing platoon to just a normal sit back and shoot platoon with a Heavy weapon and a G-Launcher

Nice, but i'd really ditch this guy to grab some more infantry squads with Heavy Weapons.

Swap the Russ for a Demolisher. you could do with some Hight Str low AP hurt.
    Swap the Basilisk for another Russ or 2 hydras/Griffons.

San Jose, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

Actually owning some DKoK stuff and having read the Seige of Vraks I would say that you could use some Heavy Bolters...They are very fluffy and I love heavy Bolters.

I hope you enjoy your fugures as they are some of the best looking guard minis that I have ever seen.

Son of LO
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

hellhound for some heavy weapons teams. i think something like 1x autocannons heavy weapons set of 3 will do. then have some melta veterans and chimeras with demolisher russes to cover your anti-tank and anti-terminator threats. the demolishers can deal with anti-horde. if you want something else and don't want to place more pie paltes from the table, then i would suggest more heavy weapons teams with heavy bolters instead them.
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

+ Reply to Thread