1000pt Scout Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

1000pt Scout Army

So i've worked out the list i'm planning to collect my scouts to for 1000 points. I only have 2 units and won't be getting anything more for about a month so constructive criticism is greatly welcomed.

HQ
    Kayvaan Shike (MY master of the 10th company, just using Shrikes rules for fleet and all that).

Troops
    5 Scouts 4 bolters 1 missile launcher camo cloaks
    10 Scouts 8 snipers telion missile launcher
    5 Scouts 4 bolt pistols ccws 1 bolt pistol power fist
    5 Scouts 4 bolt pistols ccws 1 bolt pistol power fist
    5 Scouts 4 shotguns 1 combi-melta power fist

Fast Attack
    LS Storm multi melta
    LS storm multi melta
    LS storm multi melta

So the plan would be to deploy the LS storms towards the centre of the board, then after my opponent has deployed I infiltrate my scouts into a flank of my deployment zone, the storms scout move to that flank and the refused flank strategy is a go. The CC scouts ridein the storms, melta does most of my AT; comnbats will be won by mass assaulting scouts, possibly with help from Shrike.

So comments anyone?

IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Maybe you could drop a Multi melta on one of the Storm and add a heavy flamer in case you end up facing swarms/horde armies, perhaps you could also change the combi-[melta] to a combi-[flamer] for the same purpose. Personally I'd drop one storm and scout squad of 5 and add a squad of scout bike my self... Or at least keep a fast attack force organization chart open to include a squad of bike for higher point range.

Though i believe that Shrike is very fluffy for a scout army, i would pick up Vulcan for more competitive settings. On that note, if you're adamant on keeping shrike ,perhaps you could also field a command squad on bike for support.

<Edit: I should mention that the reason why i would switch a multi-melta for a heavy flamer is that: At 1000 point, 2 missile launcher and 2 multi melta should be enough to deal with most armored threats that could be field. 3 multi melta and a combi- [melta] would also deal enough damage (Even at Bs 3) to eliminate armor and then i would switch the missile launcher for heavy bolters. >
    Last edited by seismic; October 18th, 2009 at 16:59.
    "The things that appear are a vision of the unseen"
    -Anaxagoras of Clazomenae

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

It does look a little low on anti-horde doesn't it?

How about this?

HQ
    Shrike

Troops
    5 Scouts 4 bolters 1 missile launcher camo cloaks
    10 Scouts 8 snipers telion missile launcher
    5 Scouts 4 bolt pistols ccws 1 bolt pistol power fist melta bombs
    5 Scouts 4 bolt pistols ccws 1 bolt pistol power fist melta bombs

Fast Attack
    LS Storm multi melta
    LS storm multi melta
    Scout Bikes 6 bikes 5 normal 1 sarg power fist cluster mines
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    It does look a little low on anti-horde doesn't it?

How about this?
    I think it looks better;

The Scout bikes will add some much needed toughness. Though i wouldn't bet on them soaking up too much damage, I'd use Telion to take out power weapons before sending them into combat. But the Cluster mines are tricky; They would be triggered by your forces as well. Even tough you could "Set up" a trap against enemy assault, they could block your movement as well. "Move through cover" is a great asset for the scouts in my opinion, but contradictory to mines. I guess its up to the confidence you have in your ability to make the cover on the feild work in your favor (I'm not good at that my self )

But I've been wondering if Shrike is a good choice at 1k: You've mentioned that Kantor was a possible candidate to lead your company, and i believe you'd get more out of him here.

-The Orbital bombardment could balance out your shooting.
    -Stubborn would be preferable with small scout teams. Provided that they (your enemy's forces) reach your snipers squad in the back, Stubborn may turn into a disadvantage, but you might have already lost by that point.
    -However if they ever reach your snipers, the 1+ attack would be much beneficial. Especially if you keep some mixed units & if they have power fists.

Furthermore Shrike's "fleet" is a one time deal and his "Seen, but remain unseen" is wasted in a list that's predominately infiltrating by default.
    Last edited by seismic; October 19th, 2009 at 21:34.
    "The things that appear are a vision of the unseen"
    -Anaxagoras of Clazomenae

+ Reply to Thread