2000 pt Hybrid Veteran focused - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

2000 pt Hybrid Veteran focused

Long time since my last post, its been a hectic semester.

This list is a reworking of a previous list I made. The CCS stands back behind the squads and if anything gets through they'll counter-charge. The sniper and Harker squads will take up positions in cover and provide the home support along with the stationary tanks. The chimeras, demolisher and hellhound will advance, eventually meeting up with the 3 chimeras that are outflanking. Al'Rahem will provide for bring it down orders in the enemies backfield once I start loosing transports.

CCS
    3 Flamers, Regimental Standard
    Power Weapon, bolt pistol
    cloaks, astropath
    -142-

Marbo

Vet Sniper Squad
    3x snipers, autocannon, forward sentries
    -125-

Vet Sniper Squad
    -125-

Vet Scout Squad
    Harker, 3x grenade launchers, heavy bolter
    -150-

Vet Plasma Squad
    3x plasma
    Chimera
    -170-

Melta Vets
    3 meltas, powerfist
    Chimera
    -170-

Al'Rahem's Platoon: 455
    Command
    Al'Rahem, 4x meltas
    -140-
    Chimera w/heavy stubber, heavy flamer
    -65-
    Squad A: melta
    -60-
    -65-
    Squad B: melta
    -60-
    -65-

Hellhound

Demolisher

Leman Russ

Hydra x2
    -150-

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x3)

Interesting army list. You seem to have gone all out on infantry with very few tanks. I like that in a guard player!

HQ
    This look like a decent HQ, but personally I wouldn't take flamers. This unit needs to sit back giving orders, and flamers are an offensive weapon. Make full use of their BS and give them plasma guns or a heavy weapon.

Elites
    Not much to say here as there's only Marbo. Not that he isn't a solid choice. A very good backup to any army, and nice and cheap.

Troops
    Very good. Lots of veterans and regular infantry, with good choices of weapons. I'm a little wary of sniper rifles in veteran squads, as again, I like to make full use of their higher BS, but if they work for you then go for it. I would make at least one 'flamer vets' squad though, one heavy flamer and two flamers can be very deadly indeed! Al'Rahem and outflanking chimeras eh? Interesting. I never thought of that one! I reckon it could work well.

Fast attack and heavy support
    Good solid cheap tanks. My only suggestion would be to perhaps reconsider the hellhound? Maybe a bane wolf would be better, as you don't have that much anti-power armour weapons. Just a thought.

A good list there. You've even given me a few ideas!
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Snipers use the BS of the veterans, I've had good success with them and they fit into my army's fluff, also I have lots of sniper models and very few grenade launchers lol.

I was planning on using my CCS to mop up remnants of enemy assaulters, but I think your right. I'll only ever use there flamers 1-2 times a game, and plasmas, snipers or grenade launchers I can use a lot more often.

What would you think of me switching the 4 meltas in Al'Rahem's command to 4 flamers?

I'll have 20 pts to use, I can change my command squads 3 flamers to 2 plasma guns and have 5 pts leftover for meltabombs in one of my home squads.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x3)

Yeah, you were right about the sniper rifles. I still think of the old rules from time to time. They're quite cheap as well, so are quite a good choice. I reckon giving the platoon command squad flamers would be a good idea. They can stay in the chimera and use outflank and its armour to protect them till they get close enough ti use the flamers. They could also fire them out of the top hatch.

Something else just occured to me. Al'Rahem's 'Like the wind' order. Do you reckon this could be used to move them back inside a tank?
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I'm asuming this is one of your Tanith lists mate? If so i'll leave the Snipers alone as they're there for fluff.

HQ:
    Good. Is this fella supposed to be Rawne? Guant himself or what? If neither how about just grabbing the Fella a Power Fist. He'll make more of an impact and lets face it, you'll be striking last anyway.

ELITES:
    Mkoll maybe? Good Choice.

TROOPS:
    Vets are fine. Maybe grab one of them a Demo Charge so they can deal with MEQs. It's pretty fluffy too.

Mobiles Vets - Good.

Platoon is ok. BS3 Melta guns aren't brilliant but without lots of mobile Veterans you need the mobile tank killers. Is this supposed to be Soric, Gol Kolea or Rawnes platoon? Those Heavy Stubbers are alot of points and i'd probably drop them. I'd also think of grabbing some Scout Sentinels to give these boys some back up and some long range power.

FAST:
    Hell Hounds are good but i'd grab a Bane Wolf. You need the Anti MEQ at the moment.

HEAVY:
    Can you find the points to upgrade the Russ to a Demolisher? Other than that Heavy is fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

I don't think so as you can only embark/disembark during the movement phase.

Aye Borak, its another of my Tanith lists And it is suppose to be Gaunt, I decided to try and represent him as an officer rather than what I had been doing (lord commissar and a CCS witht he officer with a bolter to rep Corbec).

And Al'Rahem is meant to be Soric. In my older list it was during the battle of vervunhive and it was soric's scratch company (so it was made up of a bunch of wounded miners and such) but now I'm going a little forward (think Heredor) and this is him getting a message in the shell to expose a weakness in the enemy's flank.

I could drop the powerfist in the vet squad (used to rep Varl) to upgrade the BT to a demolisher.
    Or I could leave the CCS weapons as 5 point weapons (keep flamers or change to GL's or snipers?) and switch the platoon command to have 4 flamers and that'll net me 20 pts that I can use to upgrade the battle tank.

I had 5 points leftover so I included melta bombs on a sgt. to ward against last minute tank shocks.

Just a thought, I got a some battle sisters, what would you think of including a squad of sisters in a valkyrie (as I'm planning on eventually getting two valks, one to paint black in inquistor colors and one to convert to a dropship from the movie aliens) instead of that plasmagun squad and banewolf? and if I did what should I equip them with?

CCS
    cloaks, astropath
    -142-

Marbo

Vet Sniper Squad
    -125-

Vet Sniper Squad
    3x snipers, autocannon, forward sentries, sgt. w/melta bombs
    -130-

Vet Scout Squad
    -150-

Vet Plasma Squad
    3x plasma, demolitions, missile launcher
    Chimera
    -215-

Melta Vets
    3 meltas, powerfist
    Chimera
    -170-

Command
    Al'Rahem, 4x flamers
    -120-
    Chimera w/heavy flamer
    -60-
    Chimera w/heavy flamer
    -60-
    [B]Chimera w/heavy flamer[/B

Banewolf

Demolisher
    -165-

Leman Russ
    -150-

Hydra x2
    -150-
    Last edited by MadLarkin; February 25th, 2010 at 07:23.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MadLarkin View Post
    Vet Scout Squad
    -150-

The heavy bolter in this unit is slowing the whole unit down. If you ditched this you'd have a hghly mobile unit. It is alot of Dakka though 6x Str5 and 3x Str6 so it is pretty Brutal.

I'd also consider swapping the Demolitions to the Plasma Vets. These guys are Anti Infantry so the Democharge will make them one nasty little unit. the Melta Bombs will also mean that not all your Antitank is relying on those Melta Vets.

Gah sorry, can't write more. I'll be back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

I see your point with the demolitions, however with Harker's squad, unless I can find a better place to use the 10 pts then I won't lose any firepower when I actually do move, but during kill point missions or any other time where I infiltrate but want them to stay put a bit, this makes them put out more dakka than a heavy weapons team at a higher BS and with better cover and surviabilty, plus I can always just move anyway.

thanks for all the help Borak, I really feel like my list is improving without losing its tanith flavor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Didn't want to make a whole new post when really I'm just updating my list. Decided I didn't want to try converting hydras and also got a valk for my birthday which I am in the process of turning into the aliens dropship. I know, the colonial marines will seem odd next to tanith, but I think they're both really cool so I don't really care that i'm combining universes (FYI meltas are made to look like smart guns)

CCS
    cloaks, astropath
    -142-

Marbo

Vet Sniper Squad
    -125-

Vet Sniper Squad
    -125-

Vet Scout Squad
    -150-

Melta Vets
    3 meltas, powerfist
    Chimera
    -170-

Command
    Al'Rahem, 4x flamers
    -120-
    Chimera w/heavy flamer
    -60-
    Chimera w/heavy flamer
    -60-
    [B]Chimera w/heavy flamer[/B

Colonial Marines
    (Allied Inquisitorial Storm Troopers) x6
    sgt. w/ auspex, 2 meltas
    -82-

Valkyrie
    rocket pods
    -130-

Vendetta
    heavy bolters
    -140-

Demolisher
    -165-

Leman Russ
    heavy bolter sponsons
    -170-

Griffon

comes out to 1999 and I own all the models except for the vendetta. Comments?

+ Reply to Thread