1750 13th Company Space Wolves (the first Fluff list i have seen on this site) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

1750 13th Company Space Wolves (the first Fluff list i have seen on this site)

With the new Space Wolf book I am finally starting my 13th company army. I have wanted to start this army since I read the 6th Ragnar blackmane book Wolf Honor. My list is based on fluff but i also want it to play well. Basically winning more games than I lose or even lose less than I draw. (After all 13th company only lose if the all die before killing Abaddon or the Thousand Sons)
    All the HQs are named using info from the novel, eye of terror book, Short story Wolfs at the door, and online sources. ( I did my research)

Well here is the list.

275 Wolf Lord Bulveye Axe man of Russ. (Counts as Logan Grimnar as he has been fighting for 10k years! I thought he should have both really good weapons stats and special rules

130 Wolf Priest Sternhammer Wolf tooth necklace, Wolf tail talisman, Saga of the Beast Slayer, Melta bombs

165 Rune Priest Torvald the Reaver of the Red Kraken Hold, Master of Runes, Wolftooth necklace, wolf tail talisman

Troops

150 Wulfen (CA Grey Hunters) x10 Led by Sternhammer

175 Grey Hunters Flamer melta gun Power Fist x10 led by torvald

160 Grey Hunters 2 plasma guns x10

267 Wolf Guard pack 5 w/ bolters, 1 w/twin wolf claws, 1 w/ Power Fist combi melta, 1 w/frost axe combi-flamer, 1 w/ thunder hammer x9 led by Bulveye

Fast Attack

110 Thunder Wolf Cavalry Melta bombs, frost axe, storm shield x1

80 Fenrisian Wolf pack x10

Heavy
    135 Long fangs 2 heavy bolters , 2 lascanons x5
    120 Long Fangs 2 heavy bolters, missile launcher, lascannon x5

I'm 17 points over 1750pts, any ideas what i could drop/ switch. The thunder wolf is going to use the Wolves as a screen to engage units quickly/tank out tanks. Don't know how a all infantry army will work.
    Other thought was dropping the thunderwolf cav. and adding drop pods. This doesn't initally make sense but in the fluff, torvald has learned how to teleport and can take people with him. The drop pods would represent him "teleporting" units into battle

Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Maybe drop the Wolf Tooth necklaces off your Rune Priest and Wolf Priest? Most of the time it wont make much of a difference. Also, what Powers are you giving your Rune Priest? Going to change it up game to game? Other than that, looks decent.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Yeah that's what i was thinking. But I'm not sure about all infantry. I play mech Orks so it is a lot different than infantry marines. I don't want any blood claws but I think wolf guard with jump pack units would be to expensive.
    Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

+ Reply to Thread