Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
150 wolfguard leader- mount, wolfkin, one claw
120 wolfs X15
120 wolfs X15
240 bloodclaws X15- 2Xflamers, power wpn
125 calvary X2- 1x frostblade
50 calvary- ( joins HQ)
145 dreadnought- las cn, auto cn
Just how the title is its a rush army advancing with everthing you got hopefully they pay attention to the wolfs so that when your bloodclaws reach front lines their ready to tear it up. the 2 calvary units are there to support the wolfs and the wolfs are to screen the calvary unit so that they can reach the front lines. Well ill very much preciate if someone at least can tell me if this army sucks or not for this is my first space wolfs army thank you
Hi, I am only new to LO, but I believe the lack of replies comes from a flooding of SW lists. That being said, I believe there are 2 main flawes in this list, the first being the lack of scoring units, I do not own the SW codex, but im sure I have read that wolves cant claim objectives, If that is the case, then at least 1 more scoring unit is vital. The second problem you are going to have is with anti-tank, I presume the dreadnaught will sit back and pop armour, if so i recommend replacing the 'assault canon?' with the missile launcher, then just sit it in cover and fire away.
Thats my 2 cents, happy gaming
It's a good start, for a much larger list. With what it is now, you basically created a shooting gallery.
Fear not, for I may have a few bits of advice.
1. Wolf packs are little more than "meat shields", since they can't claim objectives or anything else for that matter. I use no more than 2 packs, being 5-10 wolves each.
2. Blood claws were designed to be used in large numbers. Either have a pack of 10 in a rhino, or a pack of 15 in a land raider crusader. Always give them a power fist ( if you can't add a wolf guard model ), and try to fit in their quota of 1 plasma pistol (never place the fist and pistol on the same model ). I don't give my BCs a flamer/meltagun/plasma gun, as the pack will start loosing attacks.
3. A dreadnought should be either anti-troop or anti-vehicle, never both. I'd suggest the following ...
a. Assault cannon, and heavy flamer (replaces storm bolter)
b. Multi-melta, heavy flamer (replaces storm bolter), in a drop pod
c. Lascannon and missile launcher
4. I'm quite surprised on the amount of thunderwolves you managed to squeeze in. You could keep your HQ, on the thunderwolf, though I'd use a wolf lord with 2 wolf claws or Canis Wolfborn. I'd drop the thunderwolf cavalry, to add other choices.
5. A pack of scouts armed for anti-vehicle hunting, and packs of grey hunters for anti-troop duty, are choices to consider.
I hope I helped.
*PS - You now got me to thinking of using a Wolf Lord on a thunderwolf mount ... dang you!*
Last edited by MaleOpener; October 24th, 2009 at 06:20.
Perhaps the biggest issue with this list is the fact that you only have one Troops choice...the Blood Claws. I think you have the mistaken belief that taking a Thunderwolf mount for your WGBL makes Fenrisian Wolves a Troops choice. It doesn't, only Canis has special rule "The Wolf King".
Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan