competitive 1750 really needs help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    AZ: Tucson, White Mountain Apache Reservation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

competitive 1750 really needs help

HQ-
    CCS-
    x4 meltas-
    chimera-

Troop1-
    PCS-
    AC-

squads 1 and 2-
    AC-
    GL-

SWS-
    x2 flamers-
    Demo Charge-

Troop 2,3,4, and 5-

vets-
    x3meltas-
    chimera-

Fast 1 and 2-
    Hell Hound-

Heavy 1,2, and 3-
    Demolisher-

Total = 1755

Ok, so all vehicles have the free hull heavy flamer. As always my platoon will be guarding home objectives. Please make any suggestions, right now I am in a slump. Maybe take off a vet squad to get another squad for the platoon, and give their chimera to the sws; But I wouldn't know how to use that configuration to its fullest potential perhaps. Or equip the CCS differently and give their chimera to the SWS. I usually just allow the sws to sit back with the home objective platoon keepers and flame and blow up anybody who has the courage to come near them. That is why I leave the chimeras to the vets and CCS's. Please any suggestions would help

"The only restraint is yourself..."
    -24Eagle11-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

can i bash this, if you don't mind?

HQ-
    CCS-
    x4 meltas-
    chimera-

ok, but i personally have plasma, it makes them a bigger target. but BS4 seems a waste on meltass. when anti-tank is covered elsewhere.

Troop1-
    PCS-
    AC-
    ok, same comment with the CCS. but i usually give them less plasma or give them gl if i run out of points. chimera would be nice for mobility and their protection.

squads 1 and 2-
    AC-
    GL-
    ok, thought. do you think your going to be using that gl much? and do you think you will hit most of the time? even with the blast. take if off if you struggle for points.

SWS-
    x2 flamers-
    Demo Charge-
    erm, quite expensive. almsot no way to transport and alot of points for what they are doing. easy kill points too.

Troop 2,3,4, and 5-

vets-
    x3meltas-
    chimera-
    ok. all of them melta? i would take 3 of them. and give the 4th plasma in a valkyrie/vendetta etc.

Fast 1 and 2-
    Hell Hound-

i think for 260n points. 3 griffons outclass 2 hellhounds. plus they will die elss easily against gun liners etc. as hellhounds will be top priority. due to their ignoring cover weapons.

Heavy 1,2, and 3-
    Demolisher-
    ok. not sure how good 3 demolishers are, one thng i have to say. lack of long range firepower.

Total = 1755

good anti-horde. and enough for anti-mc but i would fit in a few more. against nob biker lists, but a demolisher will handle that. This list i think is very vulnerable to podders and anything that gun lines with long range weaponary. only thing i can really say. is lack of mobility with the list, chimeras can only go so far. from personal experience.

thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    Good. Melta Death.

TROOPS:

Platoon, nice and solid objective holder. The SWS is a bit expensive. I know this works for you though and the Democharge would be handy if anybody gets too close to your home objective. A random transport like a Valk would be handy if you're not playing objective missions.

Melta Vets. 4 and the CCS is probably over kill. A unit or two with Plasma guns would be handy for knocking out MEQ infantry and the extra shots means you can deal with MC's. Up to you though. I know some people don't like over heats and some don't mind so hey, personal choice and all.

FAST:
    Good, I think you'd be better off with Bane Wolves here. While Melta gunners can deal with MC's they can't put wounds in fast enough on MEQ infantry so these will give you some horrid punch against any Marines wanting to get close to you.

Or Maybe 2 Valks to transport some Veterans around? That means you wouldn't need 2 of those Chimeras, which gives you 110pts to play with. Thats almost a Vendetta for some long range Tank Death. Those Valk models are a git to transport about the place though.

HEAVY:
    3 Demolishers??? Nasty. Good choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Dropping a unit of melta Vets and 1 hellhound can score you 2 Vendettas, very useful for some long range tank busting. Stick the SWS and PCS in there to make them scoring. Swapping for a Bane Wolf might be nice.

Swapping 1 Demo for 2 Hydras are handy as well, that or a Manticore or 2 Griffons.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, lotta help here. The new list I'll try out next time:

HQ-
    CCS-
    x4 meltas-
    chimera-

Troop1-
    PCS-
    AC-

squads 1 and 2-
    AC-
    GL-

SWS-
    x2 flamers-
    Demo Charge-

Troop 2,3,and 4-

vets-
    x3meltas-
    chimera-

Fast 1-
    Banewolf-

Fast 2 and 3-
    Vandetta-

Heavy 1,2, and 3-
    Demolisher-

Total = 1730

Kind of uncomfortable about the lone banewolf there. And you'd be suprise how much melta power I need. A land raider easily shook off 6 melta shots from me, maybe just bad rolling that time. heavy, i don't have any manticores, hydras, or any of that good stuff right now which I'd really be interested in using. Besides that i'm not too sure of their effectiveness on the battlefield, and not a lot about them besides their profile stats shown in the codex. The sws speaks for itself,but What could the pcs do in a vandetta?

Well here's the revised list that incudes the vandetta transports and banewolf.
    So make some more comments and criticisms, please.
    -24Eagle11-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how is the slightly revised list looking?
    Last edited by 24Eagle11; October 26th, 2009 at 22:13. Reason: Was a post that accidentally appeared twice so thought I'd put something else.
    -24Eagle11-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too sure what to do with extra twenty, I know it's really not worth it but last game I couldn't think about what to do with them so I just got HB for vandettas.
    -24Eagle11-

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

vedenttas and sws with flamers in them, do nicely ^^.
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Revision looks neat, dropping the GLs and using those extra 2 points can get you an Astropath to help out if you feel like holding anything in reserve (if you play against Deep Strikers a lot or want to outflank the Vendettas). A DH Inquisitor with mystics is also an option to protect vs. deep strikers.

Hydras and Manticores are extremely useful. 2 Hydras kick out 8 twin-linked S7 AP4 shots at 6 feet, plenty to knock out transports or force a bunch of saves on anything from Orks to Carnifexes. Heavy firepower utility unit, awesome sauce. Manticores put out D3 S10 AP4 pies that can be fired indirectly for 4 turns. In 2 turns they can do more damage than your Demo does all game! A bit random and fragile, but definitely worth it. Great for nailing hordes or armor alike.

They're also both really easy to build. Chimera + Planetstrike terrain kit (the 4 autocannon dealy) = Hydra + Terrain. Manticore = Chimera + Valkyrie missiles or any suitable substitution. Check out the dollar store or cheapo toy stores, a lot of guns you can get from "army men" toys.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread