Two 2k Space Wolf Lists For Fun - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Two 2k Space Wolf Lists For Fun

I was bored and finally opened up the new codex last night and made the following armies to piss off some friends.

Furry Thunde [1998]:
    HQ ... 305

Canis Wolfborn 185
    Wolfguard Battle Leader (Thunderwolf Mount) - 120

Elites … 105
    3x Lone Wolf (Frost blade, meltabombs) 35

Troops … 768
    6x Fenrisian Wolf Pack (15 wolves, cyberwolf) 128

Fast Attack … 825
    3x Thunderwolf Cav (5 riders, meltabombs) 275

This army is actually terrible because it cannot capture objectives (go wolves!). That being said, it is mildly hilarious. 6 Grey Hunters in a rhino with a meltagun (130 points) could easily replace a wolf squad to fulfill that role and bring the army to 2000 even. I feel the strategy here is fairly straightforward.

Extra Bloody Claws [2000]:
    HQ 515
    Logan Grimnar … 275
    Ragnar Blackmane … 240

Elites 140

Dreadnaught (MM, Drop Pod) … 140

Troops 645
    2x Blood Claws (15x Blood Claws) … 225
    Grey Hunters (10x, 2 meltaguns, rhino) … 195

Fast Attack 180

2x Land Speeder Tornado (2x Multimelta) … 80

Heavy Support 520
    2x LRC (Multimetla) … 260

Now, this list has one goal - to have Ragnar and Logan use their specials side by side to make for nasty when they pop out of those LRCs (basically furious charge and +1 attack to everyone). It should give you 150 S5/I5 attacks (half 3+ with preferred enemy from Logan, half WS3) plus an additional 15 attacks or so from Ragnar and Logan at S6 I6 3+. You can only do this once when charging, but 120 attacks at S4/I4 with the same rules isn't terrible, either. One could argue switching out a BC from Ragnar's squad to give preferred enemy with a wolf priest (probably drop a melta from the grey hunters, a BC, and a tornado to do it). Dreadnaught and Tornados hunt tanks, Grey Hunters can be used for a variety of roles as needed.

Tear it apart.

Last edited by MoarGobboz; October 21st, 2009 at 14:03. Reason: Unwanted smileys

2. Remove Advertisements

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

89 (x2)

What happens when you are playing, oh lets say IG and you charge a unit and utterly destroy it, now there whole army will slaughter you. I just think this army needs a few less LRC and some more troops in rhino's/drop pods. 5th edition is the edition of troops, no one around that.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

+ Reply to Thread