1000 Points Aurora Army List. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Points Aurora Army List.

Hi guys,

Just whipped up a quick army list, it's going to be based around the Aurora Chapter (Who boast they have more armoured vehicles then 3 chapters put together)

This is my first Space marine army list aswell so be gentle!

Idea is so the Chaplain to teleport in with the Terminator Assualt Squad and get to grips with the enemies harder foes (Other elite units and HQ retinues), the tactical squads will pincer the enemies flanks whilst the 2 predators will head as central as possible blowing sh*t up!

Let me know what you think any way,

Thanks in advance!

HQ

Space Marine Chaplain
    Terminator Armour w/ Storm Bolter

Troops

10 Man Tactical squad
    Flamer
    Missile Launcher
    Sergeant w/ Chainsword and Storm Bolter

Rhino Transport
    Dozerblade

10 Man Tactical squad
    Flamer
    Missile Launcher
    Sergeant w/ Chainsword and Storm Bolter

Rhino Transport
    Dozerblade

Elites

5 Man Terminator Assault Squad
    (Still undecided as to either Lightning claws or Thunder Hammer/Storm shield combo)

Heavy Support

Predator
    Twin-Linked Lascannon
    Heavy Bolter side sponsors
    Extra Armour
    Dozerblade

Predator
    Extra Armour
    Dozerblade

-----

Alright guys, so let me know what you think, any advise/critisism is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Vamporious

''CRY HAVOC...and let loose the Dogs of War!''

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I'd switch the heavy bolter sponsons from your first predator to the second one, keep it more anti-infantry oriented, while the TL lascannons on your first one take care of vehicles.

One thing you could do with the terminators and chaplain that would be really nasty, is to put one of your tactical squads into a drop pod as opposed to their current rhino, and grab a locator beacon. This way, you guide in the drop pod, then the Terminators can jump right in next to it without any of that scattering nonsense, and you have a tactical squad to provide covering fire for you. Alternatively, teleport homer!

Also I'd swap extra armor from your predators to your rhinos, you need your rhinos to be moving, they are transports, it's their purpose, whereas Predators don't benefit terribly from being able to move but not shoot, as their purpose it to provide long range cover fire for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some quick thoughts on how to tweak the army list:

*I'm largely indifferent to the terminator armor on the Chaplain, and it does cause him to lose an attack. However, it may be worth considering giving him a combi-melta or plasma
    *IMO, dozer blade isn't worth it on the Rhinos or Predators, unless your play with absurd amounts of terrain. I think WYSIWYG generally applies to saying something is on the model when it isn't rather than vice versa.
    *I personally like to specialize my tactical squads to a certain degree, and frankly I've learned to loathe missile launchers from bad luck (I once failed to kill an ork trukk with 12 shots...it was tragic). I would consider mixing up the weapons loadouts a little, like flamer+heavy bolter and melta+multimelta. That being said, flamer+missile is still a great combo.
    *I like autocannon/heavy bolters or autocannon/lascannons over the twinlinked lascannon. The reroll is nice, but I'd rather have two shots.
    *I'd go with the TH/SS on terminators because that invulnerable save is a thing of beauty.
    *If you expand to 1250/1500, I would advocate adding a Land Raider Redeemer for the Chaplain/Terminator Squad. A nice safe ride to charge into someone's face.
    *The teleport beacon idea with a drop pod or rhino that Alzer mentioned is also great, although I might consider going in with shooty terminators (if you have the points/models).

That being said, it looks like a great army. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread