1000 Points of Drunk, High, Wolfy Violence - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Points of Drunk, High, Wolfy Violence

Alright, so before the new Space Wolf boxes came out I had been using Chaos Marauder parts to make marines look more viking-like. The other day I found some Chaos horses I had had for some time and just for fun hacked away to put some spare scouts on them. I inadvertently made the four most awesome models in my SW army. I'm gonna run them as Thunderwolf cavalry in this list. Here's my reasoning - there was a kind of viking known as a berserkergang, who did lots of drugs before battle to make themselves super aggressive and immune to pain. Using the Thunderwolf rules for guys on horses creates a kind of berserkergang cavalry - guys who are abnormally fast, strong, tough, and violent. Then I decided to build a list around them, sacrificing that awesome Long Fang firepower for some good old fashioned pillage power.

Wolf Lord [225]
    Bike, Saga of the Bear (eternal warrior), Power fist, storm shield
    He's riding with the swiftclaws, and I'm considering dropping the storm shield because he has redshirts there to take wounds for him.

3x Swiftclaws [75]

10x Grey Hunters [190]
    Rhino, 2 Meltas

10x Grey Hunters [190]
    Rhino, 2 Meltas

2x Thunderwolves [190]
    Thunder hammer (S10!!!), 2 storm shields

2x Thunderwolves [125]
    Power fist

[995]

It's a Viking raider themed force, and so it'll play as a high-speed, no-mercy slaughterfest. They should be able to tear the ass out of anything short of Tyranids in close combat, and I intend for everything in my army to end within the enemy deployment zone except for one of the GH packs, which will hang on to the home objective in the event there is one. For a 1500 list, I might just add a land raider full of blood claws or terminators.

Last edited by Ausare; October 26th, 2009 at 01:56.
    GUATEMALA BLEND
    ETHIOPIAN
    FRENCH VANILLA ROAST
    YOU'RE DYING FOR A CUP
    PREEEPARE FOR ULTIMATE FLAAAAVOR!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

I'm not too fond of giving any IC a "slow" weapon, as their high "I" stat should be taken advantage of. I run my wolf lord with 2 wolf claws, the belt of russ, and shove him in a rhino or LR. For that "berserk" feeling, I'd go with the Warrior Born saga.

Swift/Sky claw pack are rather poor, do to their WS/BS of 3. If you really want the bikers, I'd suggest to invest in a flamer and an attack bike with it's HB.

Grey hunter packs should always get a wolf standard (if possible). It will make the difference between a sweeping advance and another round of CC. Maybe one pack having a power weapon, while the other having a power fist? At 1000pts, you should try for 3 GH packs.

I'd go for a TWC of 3 with the TH/SS.

Just my opinions!

+ Reply to Thread