2000 Heavy target list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Heavy target list

I don't even really know if this list is going to work when all said and done. I have tested it twice so far against an old Las/Plas Marine gunline (was a loss by 1 kp, the 6 or 7 plasma guns on the table did me in.), and a Special character heavy Templar army. (Big slugfest that he lost in the end). I think it has potential though. I'm just haven't been playing long enough to pick out the good and bad ideas yet without having them happen to me on the table. Well anyway here we are.

Brother Capt. Stern
    - 4x Retinue
    - incinerator
    Land Raider
    - Extra Armor

Cassius

8x A. Terminator
    5 TH/SS
    3 LC

Tac. Squad
    - Power Fist
    -Melta-G
    -M-Melta
    -Rhino

Tac. Squad
    -Power Weapon
    -Plas. Gun
    -ML
    -Rhino

Tac. Squad
    -P. Fist
    -Melta-G
    -Missile-L

I.C. Dreadnought
    - Prop Pod
    -H. Flamer

Land Speeder
    -M-Melta
    -H. Flamer

The idea is to provide multiple hard targets the opponent must chose to fire at. The GKT in the Land Raider draw fire just by nature. The foot slogging Terminators seem to draw the most fire due to their size and apparent weakness. It is part distraction part true threat but they are sturdy and arrive on target in number. The I.C. Dread is a threat on turn one right in their lines and draws fire away from the incoming transports. This will all hopefully allow the two Rhino squads and Land Speeder to maneuver onto flanks and eliminate targets/move to score.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

It seems a bit odd to put shooty termies in a transport while combat termies walk. You could take 7 assault termies + cassius in a LRC and put the GKTs on foot shooting their storm bolters and a psycannon all the time.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see that yes. My reasoning was that the A. Terminators have the TH/SS guys to soak up the shots with the 3+ save that would pose a problem for the GKT. I want that Terminator unit to get shot up. The Storm Shield guys just do that best. I have found that when I put those GKT on the table by themselves people trip over themselves to pour every ranged attack they have into them.

I will give it a shot your way though. No sense in not trying a veteran recommendation. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how that works out for me.
    Last edited by Pingl000; October 27th, 2009 at 19:48.

+ Reply to Thread