2000 Points for Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

2000 Points for Tournament

I have a tournament coming up in mid-November and I'm conflicted as to what to play. I originally was going to do Orks but I'm willing to see what my IG can do. Have a look.

HQ
    CCS w/ Banner, 3 Plasmas, OotF, Astropath
    Chimera w/ ML and HF

Elites
    Marbo

Troops
    Platoon
    PCS w/ 4 Flamers (in a Vendetta)
    3 Squads w/ Autocannons

Platoon
    PCS w/ 4 Meltas
    Chimera w/ ML and HF
    2 Squad w/ Autocannons
    SWS w/ 3 Flamers (in a Vendetta)

Platoon
    PCS w/ 4 Meltas
    Chimera w/ ML and HF
    2 Squad w/ Autocannons

Fast Attack
    Vendetta

Vendetta

Vendetta

Heavy Support
    Demolisher w/ HF

Demolisher w/ HF

Demolisher w/ HF

Total: 1995

The basic idea is sit back, drop transports and wait for the Reserves, hopefully Turn 2-3. Everything has a very specific job so I'm not helpless until the Vendettas show up. Everything I start with is pretty expendable, as long as I kill off transports.

C&C? I'm pretty stuck on most of the list, the 3rd Demolisher and the Platoons are negotiable. Mostly looking for weaknesses against certain armies. I'm pretty covered on MEQs, hordes isn't to bad but spammy speed lists and Tau could be a problem. I'm also pretty high on KPs, 19 WITH Combining, but most aren't that easy to get.

What say ye LO denizens?

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

WA HEY... the prinice himself has finally asked for advice and on guard as well. *rolls eyes. lol. anyway to the list .

I thought it was a list that as short. until i read the platoons more carefully.

HQ
    CCS w/ Banner, 3 Plasmas, OotF, Astropath
    Chimera w/ ML and HF

vg, if you want your vendettas in early. then i guess the astropath is good. if not then iw ould ditch it. also if you struggle somehow for points. astropath is the first thing i would drop. due to inexperience with them. but i will give them a ago sooner or later.

Elites
    Marbo
    Man, the guy is amazing. and he's xx points /.

Troops
    Platoon
    PCS w/ 4 Flamers (in a Vendetta)
    3 Squads w/ Autocannons
    good. but i like to keep my guys in chimeras. cos i hate taking off guardsmen models ^^. it's gonna take me a while to not buy chimera's for all my platoon squads ^^.
    Platoon
    PCS w/ 4 Meltas
    Chimera w/ ML and HF
    2 Squad w/ Autocannons
    good. however have you tried getting more plasma weapons? for mc.

Platoon
    PCS w/ 4 Meltas
    Chimera w/ ML and HF
    2 Squad w/ Autocannons

same as above

Fast Attack
    Vendetta

Vendetta

Vendetta

all good. except i though you like a bit of variety?

Heavy Support
    Demolisher w/ HF

Demolisher w/ HF

Demolisher w/ HF

good. and same comment as above.

Total: 1995

me not being experienced at 2000 points i won't be able to say much. vendettas pretty much handle your anti-mc. which is very nice instead of having to rely on PCS plasma.

all i am gonna say is, you might need to experiment to test it out, is lack of long range bombardment. maybe 2x griffons instead of 1x demolisher? However, this list would suffer too much against gun liners, because of your flamer squasd vendetting.
    you have also got bags of men defending the home line. 7 squads. apart from that.

where do you deploy the squads to give your fat assed demolishers some room?

can't find a fault mate except heavy support explained above.
    remember to post piccys and a good bat rep . good luck

EDIT:
    spammy speed lists? how the heck can they give you trouble? you have enough men to hold the line and a banner to poke anyone that runs off ^^. the only list i think that cause you headaches is this one. it's a rough ork idea, but i think it would pose a good threat to you.

3x tank busta squads with squig bombs
    3x squads of stormboys.
    3x squads of grot kannons
    plus lots of orks in battle wagons with ghazkghull.

not sure how good it would be, but it could pose a problem. not really thought it out. the tank bustaz for your demolishers and the storm boyz hit the vendettas? if the grotz fail to kill them. if the grotz kill some vendettas then the stormboys hit your flamer guys.

if your vendettas aren't on the table then they hit your platoon squads or your command squads
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Last edited by antique_nova; October 26th, 2009 at 21:10.
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Long range isn't to bad. Autocannons go 48" and the only real gunline is IG, who will be taking 3 Flamer squads to the face, probably ruining 2 units a piece.

I have plenty of variety, it's far from an AirCav or all Mech list. I refuse to take more than 3 Valks/Vendettas because squadding them is terrible. What I do take I like to double or triple up on because one offs = easy decisions for my opponent.

The only reason I'd lean away from Griffons is because I need all my terrain already the Platoons and much of the terrain here is city fight, with windows and damaged walls so LoS can be drawn through.

I do have more men than cover but it's only 2 more squads than I run at 1500 and it's never been a big problem. Cover saves are pretty generous.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

if it's city fight, then there's no point changing the list. it's 99% perfect as it is . i keep thinking autocannons are 36 for some reason. lol.

Question, which is obvious from your list, but i want a reason from you ^^ other than more men. why more men instead of putting your platoons squads in chimeras? i want to break my habit, but am trying to find a strong reason to do so apart from more men, because it isn't easy on the money with the valhallans i am doing with gs ^^.

thanks
    antique_nova

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

More men gives me a few advantages.

1. Less KPs. A squad + Chimera is 2 KPs, a Combined 2 squads is 1.

2. More scoring units, I can afford to lose more Troops than a standard Mech list. I'm not as movable but I have 2 Troops in Chimeras and 3 in Vendettas so, good to go.

3. My setup beats mech. Mech armies have short ranges, so you have to come to me, and say hello to my Autocannon wall. If you fall out, you're going to lose models and be stranded in the killing fields. Eldar has the best chance but if I get 3 Vendettas, shooting rear....game over.

Overall mixed IG basically owns mechanized lists and that's the popular list type. Surprise, surprise. :]

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

that helped ^^. i wonder why i couldn't think of that . never stick to one thing is the lesson that i have learnt today. just wandering, a tid off topic. do you use the flamer vedentta/ valkyrie tactic in your 1500 points?
    thanks
    antique_nova

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Yeah but all of the 3 offs become 2 offs, Platoons included.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

i remember you saying, or i think, that you prefer vendetta/valkyire for lower point games. instead of vendetta/vedentta. do you? i feel like i am interrogating you, i swear it's the last question for some months. .
    thanks
    antique_nova

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I used too but the Flamers kill hordes way better than Missile Pods and it's the same cost overall.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

so why don't you come down to britain and teach us bretonains how to play proper? and i will give you a proper fight too . lol
    thanks
    antique_nova

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast