<2000 2k tourney list, vulkan and kantor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k tourney list, vulkan and kantor

2.000pts

Vulkan- 420pts
    Tatical Squad, +5 men, flamer, multi-melta, powerfist
    Drop pod

Kantor- 405pts
    Tatical Squad, +5 men, flamer, multi-melta, powerfist
    Drop pod

Scouts- 90pts
    sniper, camo cloaks

3x Dreadnaught- 420 pts
    3x Drop pod

Bike squad- 300pts
    +5 bikes, attack bike, 2x flamer, multi-melta, powerfist, (combat squad maybe)

3x vindicator- 345pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be concerned that your scoring units would be too tempting of a target for your opponent. A smart player may ignore your big targets to eliminate your smaller Tac. Squads.

How do you intend to play this list, drop the dreadnoughts to clear the 'LZ' and then pod onto the objectives? They may be able to negate your pie plates from your heavies by getting into CC with your podded units. Of course that's not viable for all armies. It may work for you yet. You definitely have a weakness but I would be interested in how it turns out with some testing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the quick reply, my idea for this list was to be within range of the enemy's face quickly and rush them before they can move around too much.

Dropping three of the dreadnaught had been a plan, but I might drop the 2 tactical squad in first as well.

the main idea is to take advantage of the use of vulkan's special rules.

I know my scoring units are low, and Im trying to negate theirs while my scout keep home base.

the bike is there to support the flanks and whichever side seems to be losing with great speed.

I know i would have major weaknesses against infiltrators and also how the vindicator would pose no use, since i have never use tanks in my army before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by kazukun View Post

I know i would have major weaknesses against infiltrators and also how the vindicator would pose no use, since i have never use tanks in my army before.

I'm a little busy at the moment, I'll try and add some more comments later, but in case i don't get the chance tonight:

The biggest issue with the vindicators is that they're going to be limited , to the point of absurdity, when your delivery system are drop pods , and the wast majority of your weaponry are extremely close range... You'll end up shooting your own troops if the shell scatters off the mark , that is if you decide to shoot at all.

Why not a Redeemer instead ?
    Last edited by seismic; October 28th, 2009 at 02:10.
    "The things that appear are a vision of the unseen"
    -Anaxagoras of Clazomenae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

This would be easy to counter as Eldar, DE, or Tau. They could just move away and shoot at your vehicles.

EDIT: Actually anything that can deploy or redeploy quickly will take you down. Outflankers and enemy deepstrikers that arrive later than you do pose a problem.
    Last edited by Ooglatjama; October 28th, 2009 at 02:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why are you using cantor? if you dont have sternguard vets then dont bring him because you cant use both chapter tactics. and even if you could id take kahn and make the bikes scoring. on a pitched battle the vindicators might get ther points back but not if you scatter on those dreads. its a creative list but id try to find more scoring uunits. this is my opinion obviously lol and i dont mean to stomp on your list. also vulkan is a waste unless your taking multimelta or flamer spam. perhaps a redeemer? actually now that i think about it if you take vulkan and drop that bike squad and sub it for 6 MM attack bikes maybe a better bet. 3 twin linked mm is a nice thing to have. i run it in my Blood angels army. they give IG players a massive headach. not to mention 2 wounds a piece and trubo boost for a 3 up inv save
    A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Octavius View Post
    [...] and trubo boost for a 3 up inv save
    It's very important to note that in fifth edition this is a cover save! Not an invulnerable one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Archer View Post
    It's very important to note that in fifth edition this is a cover save! Not an invulnerable one.

lol dammit i meant to put that thanks : D
    A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Octavius View Post
    why are you using cantor? if you dont have sternguard vets then dont bring him because you cant use both chapter tactics. and even if you could id take kahn and make the bikes scoring. on a pitched battle the vindicators might get ther points back but not if you scatter on those dreads. its a creative list but id try to find more scoring uunits. this is my opinion obviously lol and i dont mean to stomp on your list. also vulkan is a waste unless your taking multimelta or flamer spam. perhaps a redeemer? actually now that i think about it if you take vulkan and drop that bike squad and sub it for 6 MM attack bikes maybe a better bet. 3 twin linked mm is a nice thing to have. i run it in my Blood angels army. they give IG players a massive headach. not to mention 2 wounds a piece and trubo boost for a 3 up inv save

It's ok english, he knows not what he does.

+ Reply to Thread