1850 tourney list ( reworked ) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 tourney list ( reworked )

I played a tourney last weekend and I ended 11th from 30 players ( no special characters are allowed )
    1st game against tau = massacre win for me
    2nd game against cheesy Iguard = massacre against me
    3th game against blood angels = solid victory for me

All games are objective based ( dawn of war , etc.... ) with troops as scoring units.
    I played with almost the same list like below but I changed the land raider with 8 sternguard,10 tacticals with rhino and the ironclad for some new stuff, that I missed on that day.

I have putt some scouts in this list because I like to have some cheap deploymentzone objective holders and some objective holders behind enemy lines.

HQ

Chaplain in terminator armour ( 130 )

TROOPS

10 tacticals ( meltagun/plasmacannon ) + rhino ( 215 )
    10 tacticals ( meltagun/plasmacannon ) + rhino ( 215 )
    8 scouts ( snipers ) ( 114 )
    8 scouts ( shotguns,meltabom ) ( 119 )
    8 scouts ( shotguns,meltabom ) ( 119 )

ELITES

5 assault termies ( 3x TH/SS, 2 x LC ) ( 200 )
    ===> deticated transport : land raider redeemer ( 240 )

HEAVY SUPPORT

8 devastators ( 2 x Plasmacannon / 2 x Lascannon ) ( 264 )
    vindicator ( 115 )
    vindicator ( 115 )

The idea is to have a attacking force with the land raider,2 rhino's and the vindicators and to have a fire support from the devas and snipers with the harrassing of the scoring shotgun scouts around the the battlefield. Vindy can be used as fire base too. depends on the enemy I fight.

Shas'O dent'O r'myr cadre ( 1850pts ) ( O'shovah breakaway rules )
    Space wolves " dentonir " the red wolves company ( Canis wolf cavalry list, 1000pts )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Good. to be honnest the assault terminators usually do all right on their own especially when they get the charge from a LRR. you could swap for a librarian for psy defence, gate and using nullzone to make power weapons more effective.

Elites: Excelent. It would be nice to get the MM on the LRR so you can tank hunt after delivering passengers. Personally I would take 1 more lightening claw in the unit.

Troops. you could take razorbacks instead and combat squad the Tac squads. Drop the sniper scouts to 5 and take cammo cloacks. Other scouts are ok but I prefer bp/ccw as the extra attack in combat counts towards combat resolution but the extra shot of the shotgun doesn't.

Heavy: Vindicators are great. I buy dozerblades for mine because the model looks good. The devastators are too expensive. Drop them for 3 MM attack bikes and 3 HB attack bikes. These can move & fire, have many more wounds and if you get close the MMs are far superior tank hunters.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see why you lost vs guard. Some assault marines would be infinitely useful imho. There isn't much that threatens the guard here apart from the Terminators, and they may not reach combat given the prevalence of mech guard, and even if they do, it is unlikely they will make their points back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tx for the reply,

I have a librarian so I can try that combo as well, but the reroll on the charge from the chappy is unstoppable. Thats why I only take 2 LC termies because I have the 4 attacks from the chappy as well on I4. A librarian with gate power with 10 sternguard looks fun to for the price of the devas.

For the troops I always prefer the rhino instead of the razorback. I always take 10 tacticals to the front and not 5 because they die quick with incomming fire. I al so prefer the 12" move instead of the 6" move to be able to shoot the heavy bolter.

Attack bikes are not always my favorites because "if" they did their job like killing a tank or missed they will be killed next round because they will be most of the time in the open. Dozer blades are indeed a good add-on for the vindy's.

And assault marines wouldn't do the wonders against those imperial guard list there. Mandicore,griffon,hydras,vendedda's, psyker battle squad ( verry stupid unit ) They will be killed in no time without cover or transport. And those psykers will let them run of the table before you hit something. It was a very unfair list. He not played the game but the rules.
    Shas'O dent'O r'myr cadre ( 1850pts ) ( O'shovah breakaway rules )
    Space wolves " dentonir " the red wolves company ( Canis wolf cavalry list, 1000pts )

+ Reply to Thread