Beginner 1000 Witch Hunter Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beginner 1000 Witch Hunter Army

I decided that before i go buy anything that i should have a plan and figure out how i wanted my army to work...

I like rushing into close combat and so I started looking around at the different armies and really liked the idea of having a army be focused on close combat and have 2 of those exorcist tanks on backup to defend my close combat troops.

HQ
    cannoness - 114
    -jumppack, blessed weapon, book of st.lucius, jump pack, power weapon, frag grenades

Elite
    Inquisitor squad in rhino 204
    -Inquistor: master crafted weapon, power weapon
    chiruregon
    familiar
    3x warrior
    -rhino: extra armor

Troops
    Battle sisters squad in rhino - 191
    +flamer
    +meltagun
    -superior equipped with bolt pistol/ccw
    --Rhino equipped with extra armor and holy icon

+flamer
    +meltagun

Heavy Support
    Exorcist 150
    - Extra armor and holy icon

Exorcist 150

the plan was to have the cannoness hide behind rhinos until she jumps out with the inquisitor squad for combat

Suggestions?

Last edited by Filecabinet; November 6th, 2009 at 04:47. Reason: i cant do math

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Think this should go in the army list section...

Quote Originally Posted by Filecabinet View Post
    I decided that before i go buy anything that i should have a plan and figure out how i wanted my army to work...

I like rushing into close combat and so I started looking around at the different armies and really liked the idea of having a army be focused on close combat and have 2 of those exorcist tanks on backup to defend my close combat troops.

HQ
    cannoness - 114
    -jumppack, blessed weapon, book of st.lucius, jump pack, power weapon, frag grenades
    Get the Cloack of St. Aspira in here, remove the power weapons it's not usefull, get either a plasma pistol or inferno postal instead.

Elite
    Inquisitor squad in rhino 204
    -Inquistor: master crafted weapon, power weapon
    chiruregon
    familiar
    3x warrior
    -rhino: extra armor
    This will be a fairly weak cc unit no matter what... But if you want to use it, either get a pistol as well for him or just take an eviscerator. get a second chirugeon. How are you kitting your warriors?

Troops
    +flamer
    +meltagun

+flamer
    +meltagun
    Upgrade the flamer to heavy flamer, add smoke launchers to your Rhino's (personally wouldn't bother with the icons)

Heavy Support
    Exorcist 150

Exorcist 150

the plan was to have the cannoness hide behind rhinos until she jumps out with the inquisitor squad for combat

Suggestions?
    I'd lose the icons, MAYBE add smoke launchers, but I tend to play Exorcists naked. They do fine like that anyways...

Don't forget sisters are A LOT better with their rapid fire shooty then they are in cc. Only the canoness and the Seraphim have been serious cc units imao...

Hoop this can help you. This is how I see it.
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

He said it, but you aren't going to be doing much assualting. You are going to get as close as you can... Jump out and shoot. So lets be good at it.

1 Canoness (HQ) @ 270 Pts
    Blessed Weapon
    Cloak of Saint Aspira
    Mantle of Saint Ophelia

4 Celestian Bodyguard @ [160] Pts
    Bolter (x2); Meltagun (x2); Krak Grenades

1 Sister Superior
    Bolter; Krak Grenades

1 Immolator
    Twin Heavy Flamers

9 Battle Sisters Squad (Troops) @ 225 Pts
    Bolter (x7); Heavy Flamer (x1); Flamer (x1); Krak Grenades

1 Veteran Sister Superior
    Bolter; Krak Grenades
    Book of Saint Lucius

1 Rhino APC @ [58] Pts
    Storm Bolter
    Extra Armour
    Smoke Launchers

9 Battle Sisters Squad (Troops) @ 225 Pts
    Bolter (x7); Heavy Flamer (x1); Flamer (x1); Krak Grenades

1 Veteran Sister Superior
    Bolter; Krak Grenades
    Book of Saint Lucius

1 Rhino APC @ [58] Pts
    Storm Bolter
    Extra Armour
    Smoke Launchers

1 Exorcist (Heavy Support) @ 140 Pts
    Exorcist Missile Launcher
    Extra Armour

1 Exorcist (Heavy Support) @ 140 Pts
    Exorcist Missile Launcher
    Extra Armour

Starting Faith: 5
    Models in Army: 31
    Total Army Cost: 1000

Basically you drive up, hop out and flame flame flame.

At 1000 points you are going to see very little AV14, so the exorcists should be a good anti-tank/anti-MC option. If you do see something you can't deal with you have the Krak grenades, although not very good against AV 14. But you also have 2 melta guns.

The Celestians and the Canoness are your heavy hitters. They can be a very good CC unit, and can tie up stuff that is a lot bigger than you.

This is a good, well balanced, beat your face in, at 1000 points list. Hope that helps.

Aggies for 40k - PM me for details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just a couple of quick thoughts...

1. 4 rhinos carrying a whole army (apart from the canoness) may be trouble in my opinion. If you come across heavy weapon teams\squads, they can make very quick work of the rhinos leaving you a little more exposed and with some bad luck you may be down a few SOBs if they explode...

2. very controversial on this forum, but the old debate of repentia\arcoflags as cc squads has to be raised. I personally have had some stonking runs with repentia demolishing many a marine including dreadnoughts, removing entire flanks of the armies.

3. I do agree about seraphim being useful in CC (not to mention pretty!).

To me, the army list you have there still looks like a shooty one considering the possible CC units that you could take.

One other thought - repressors rather than rhinos? shooting ports, cooler models...
    Last edited by barnacle111; November 7th, 2009 at 08:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by barnacle111 View Post
    just a couple of quick thoughts...

1. 4 rhinos carrying a whole army (apart from the canoness) may be trouble in my opinion. If you come across heavy weapon teams\squads, they can make very quick work of the rhinos leaving you a little more exposed and with some bad luck you may be down a few SOBs if they explode...
    How are you saying that you should get your girls into their stance of power (12'' away)? Walk? You are going to get obliterated before you even get there. The whole point of meching up, and breaking your army into small units, is that it removes choices from your opponent. Sure he might be able to pop one or two of your rhinos, but you have 3-4 more with squads that do the same thing. Rhinos are the only way to get your ladies across the field.

2. very controversial on this forum, but the old debate of repentia\arcoflags as cc squads has to be raised. I personally have had some stonking runs with repentia demolishing many a marine including dreadnoughts, removing entire flanks of the armies.
    That's cool. Fail unit is going to fail when you need them the most. I would NEVER consider taking a unit of either of these into a competitive situation. You want to play some fun games at your local store, I bet they would be a lot of fun. You want to beat someone's face in, leave them at home.

I have some for sale if you want mine.

3. I do agree about seraphim being useful in CC (not to mention pretty!).
    Yeah

To me, the army list you have there still looks like a shooty one considering the possible CC units that you could take.

One other thought - repressors rather than rhinos? shooting ports, cooler models...
    [/quote]

Forge world models are great. The repressor is a great model. See my above comment about the repentia. Unless you are playing fun games, you aren't going to have access to forgeworld rules, and you are going to end up playing them as rhinos anyway. Buy them because they models are cool, not because the rules are better.

Aggies for 40k - PM me for details.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Lord View Post
    Think this should go in the army list section...
    Indeed.

*thread punted to the army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

ZMB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Fizzics - I run a 1000 pt list very close to the one you posted on this thread. Armour is good for our girls. One of the crazy things is that in a 1000 point, we can bring some good stuff. Two Exorcist in such a small list will make some people call cheese. Those people just need to bathe in our cleansing fire. I too run an Immolator in a small little list and find it takes the brunt of the anti armour early on, not like that is bad or anything.

barnacle111 - I agree with you on the whole Repentia thing. I used to not ever consider them, but I have had some great games with them. They are not competitive at all and probably should stay away a 1000 pt list, but they have a place in my lists.

there are a couple of armies that thrive at the 1000 pt level and Sisters is one of them. The only army that sisters really hurt against at 1000 pts in Dark Eldar IMO, but who is ever really prepared to take on the splintery doom?

+ Reply to Thread