1500 space wolfs ( new list ) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 space wolfs ( new list )

Hi all,

I am gonna sell my salamanders and build a space wolf army. I am gonna build this around my lord dentonius ( ragnar blackmane rules ) and with no tanks or rhino's, Land raiders etc
    The last tourney I did, everybody got tanks,tanks and tanks and I wonna go another way with this.

HQ

Dentonius ( ragnar blackmane ) 240pts

Rune priest 130pts
    Power: " jaws of the world wolf "
    wolf tooth neclace and saga of the beastslayer

TROOPS

10 greyhunters 190pts
    powerfist
    flamer and meltagun
    mark of the wolfen

Drop pod 35pts

10 greyhunters 190pts
    powerfist
    flamer and meltagun
    mark of the wolfen

Drop pod 35pts

15 blood claws 250pts
    powerfist
    2 flamers

ELITES

6 wolfguard 239pts
    • 1 x Terminator armour, power weapon, cyclone missile launcher
    • 2 x Power armour, pair of wolf claws
    • 2 x Power armour, powerweapon, storm bolter
    • 1 x Power armour, close combat weapon, bolt pistol
    Drop pod 35pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

6 Long fangs 155pts
    2 x heavy bolter
    1 x plasma cannon
    1 x missile launcher
    1 x lascannon

Dentonius will go with the blood claw on foot. Runic priest will go with the wolf guard in the drop pod. The terminator wolf guard will join the long fangs for some more long range anti-tank. Long fangs will split fire with heavy bolters and plasma cannon for troops and the missile and lascannon for tanks and transports. Drop pods will be used wisely to avoid manny casulties with in comming fire. I can screen my blood caws with those pods.

Tx

Last edited by dento; November 10th, 2009 at 00:10.
    Shas'O dent'O r'myr cadre ( 1850pts ) ( O'shovah breakaway rules )
    Space wolves " dentonir " the red wolves company ( Canis wolf cavalry list, 1000pts )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Ragnar is okay, I wouldn't use him to if you like him, roll with it.

Upgrade your RP and slap Living Lightning on there. Drop the other upgrades, RPs are not meant for CC. They can fight but they LOVE to shoot.

Run 2 Meltas in each Drop unit, you need the armor killing redundancy.

The Wolfguard are a bit all over, I'd get a few w/ Frost Axes and a few w/ TH/SS and than a gun or two like you have. Wolfclaws aren't as great as they look, TH/SS are.

Run all MLs in the Long Fangs, best buy for the points and you won't miss a special gun on allocation.

never put Ragnar in Bloodclaws, his charge can make them LOSE attacks. Put Ragnar in the Pod with the fighty unit and the RP on foot with the moving unit so he can shoot. He can also buy the cover power to save some lives.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO give Ragnar to the Grey Hunters, it makes a nasty combo, giving ragnar to Blood Claws can be rather redundant except for the furious charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    Few comments for you.
    You need more pods if you're going to use them as cover. As The Prince of Excess says, you could take Storm Caller as the second power on your RP and put him with the BC's. At least that's a 5+ cover save. I'd give him a WTT as well. That might stop someone using the Lash on them.
    Stick Ragnar with the Termies in the pod. Currently, it's the only place he'll fit, though I'd put a few combi-weapons in there as well. Yes, you'll lose attacks but Ragnar would offset that. Put a PF or a TH in there as well.
    Instead of MotW, I recommend you take a Wolf Standard. You mightn't have as many attacks (and you'll lose rending) but what attacks you get will hit more often. Save one guy through the reroll on all ones and you'll have your points back.
    And finally, why sell your salamanders? Depending on how they're painted, can you not use a "counts as" army? Call them something else rather than Wolves. Perfectly legal in games, though in a tournament, you might upset the purists.

Hope this helps.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by dento View Post
    Hi all,

I am gonna sell my salamanders and build a space wolf army. I am gonna build this around my lord dentonius ( ragnar blackmane rules ) and with no tanks or rhino's, Land raiders etc
    The last tourney I did, everybody got tanks,tanks and tanks and I wonna go another way with this.

HQ

Dentonius ( ragnar blackmane ) 240pts

Rune priest 130pts
    Power: " jaws of the world wolf "
    wolf tooth neclace and saga of the beastslayer
    I count that RP as costing 120pts. Where does the last 10pts come in? Does it have a chooser of the slain that you aren't showing?

TROOPS

10 greyhunters 190pts
    powerfist
    flamer and meltagun
    mark of the wolfen

Drop pod 35pts

10 greyhunters 190pts
    powerfist
    flamer and meltagun
    mark of the wolfen

Drop pod 35pts

15 blood claws 250pts
    powerfist
    2 flamers
    I would recommend against powerfists. While I guess if you're afraid that they might get stuck in with dreads or something it might be decent (though still no really that effective) I would say you're generally better off using a power weapon and saving the extra points for something else. A single PF attack really doesn't do much

I'm also not a fan of bloodclaws. I find that GH are generally a better guy due to having bolters and higher WS/BS. They also have no transport so they won't really be doing anything until late in the game.

ELITES

6 wolfguard 239pts
    • 1 x Terminator armour, power weapon, cyclone missile launcher
    • 2 x Power armour, pair of wolf claws
    • 2 x Power armour, powerweapon, storm bolter
    • 1 x Power armour, close combat weapon, bolt pistol
    Drop pod 35pts
    I'm not a fan of wolf claws due to their cost. For the same price as those two guys with wolf claws (96pts) I can get 3 WG with power weapons and buy a power weapon for the BP/CCW wolf guard and still have 2 pts left. If you want to mathhammer it, the 2x WC guys with a bp/CCW guy would deal 3.333 wounds to MEQ on the charge while the 4 PW guys would deal 4 wounds to MEQ on the charge. Even against a DP the 4 PW guys would perform better than 2 guys with WC and a guy with a BP/CCW.

I don't even understand why you're using PAWG with SB/PW when you can get a terminator for the same price with the same equipment but with a better armour save and an invulnerable save.
    HEAVY SUPPORT

6 Long fangs 155pts
    2 x heavy bolter
    1 x plasma cannon
    1 x missile launcher
    1 x lascannon

Dentonius will go with the blood claw on foot. Runic priest will go with the wolf guard in the drop pod. The terminator wolf guard will join the long fangs for some more long range anti-tank. Long fangs will split fire with heavy bolters and plasma cannon for troops and the missile and lascannon for tanks and transports. Drop pods will be used wisely to avoid manny casulties with in comming fire. I can screen my blood caws with those pods.

Tx
    I would recommend against diversifying your LF unit that much. You can only shoot at two units per turn after all and if your pack master dies then suddenly you have to fire things such as your lascannon versus horders or your plasma cannons and heavy bolters against vehicles, or if you let your pack master live then you lose precious heavy weapons and firepower. I would recommend that you choose a purpose and pick all weapons designed towards that purpose. The one exception in my eyes are MLs because they can be used as anti-tank and anti-infantry so they can fit in with any other weapon type and still be useful even if you lose the pack master as there is very little they aren't effective on.

Ragnar shouldn't go with the blood claws as his ability overrides their own and replaces their +2 attacks with +1d3 attacks. I would recommend you put him wiht someone else.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I agree with most of the above. On reflection I'd drop the PF and use MotW as your PF for all purposes. It's not as good against walkers or armor but it has more attacks, so save some points.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Statistically I would say that MotW is the best of the CC enhancements. Against weakly armoured foes it just keeps getting better due to having more attacks and if you're on the second or higher turn of combat against MEQ its statistically better than a PW on a roll of 3+. On the charge its better than a power weapon on a 5+. Against MCs its better because of the greater number of attacks and because of rending.

As far as close combat enhancements go with grey hunters, the order from best to worst would be MotW, PW, PF.

Also I now realise why you're using PAWG with storm bolters and power weapons. Personally I would say cut the SBs. They don't really add much and the extra close combat attack that ignores saves can be quite useful. With the points you save you can buy some melta bombs for your RP.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

+ Reply to Thread