Vulkan/Lysander 1750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

Vulkan/Lysander 1750

HQ

Vulks
    Lysander

Elite

6x sternguard- 5x combimeltas, 1x hvy flamer and pwrfist

Troops

Tac 1- meltagun, combi-flamer, multi melta, pwrfist, rhino

Tac 2- meltagun, ML, pwrfist, rhino

Tac 3- flamer, combi-flamer, lascannon, pwrfist, hvy-bolter razorback

Fast Attack

Landspeeder- Hvy flamer and Multi-melta

Heavy flamer

Land Raider Reedeemer- Multi Melta

Overall startegy

Vulks with half of Tac 3''s squad (sergeant and flamer guy) in the razorback making it a triple flamer, light troop destroyer squad with cc potential.

Lysander and Sterns pile into LR. The strategy here is a giant line breaker, the LR can move twelve, dump the sterns out of the side hatch and Lysander out of the front. Then up to three of the opponent's units can be targeted for destruction by the LR and Sterns in the shooting phase and be crushed by lysander in the assault phase.

The Tac squads capture objectives and support one another plus the LR in overrunning the enemies position. It would be nice if i had a dev squad to stay back with the lone lascannon unit but i didnt have the points unless I took out a tac squad (and i love my tacs).

The Landspeeders are the support unit used to draw fire away from the transports, burn and melt stuff and chase stuff off the board. There a good support unit able to get from hot spot to hot spot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

any comments? Please rip this list apart.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

I would have to say that your list would suffer from a lack of focus, with each squad trying to be good at everything with little specialties across the table, you might suffer from a lost puppy kind of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeses View Post
    HQ

Vulks
    Lysander

Elite

6x sternguard- 5x combimeltas, 1x hvy flamer and pwrfist
    Why would the heavy flamer be incorporated in this unit? you should be expecting them to jump out of their Land Raider, pop a tank, and it would be very likely that they would be either shot to ribbons as they are such a high priority target, or assaulted. This also puts a little waste to Lysander's potential as he would have to stay back babysitting this squad instead of cracking heads himself while even his Bolter Drill is wasted on combi meltaguns and Bolster Defences on a mechanized force.

Troops

Tac 1- meltagun, combi-flamer, multi melta, pwrfist, rhino
    Again a lack of focus, from the choice of the rhino I could imagine that you would not be planning on combat squadding splitting your weapon specialties from close range anti tank and close range anti infantry.
    Tac 2- meltagun, ML, pwrfist, rhino

Tac 3- flamer, combi-flamer, lascannon, pwrfist, hvy-bolter razorback

Fast Attack

These speeders seem to have the same issues as the rest oof your army, a lack of focus. It wouldn't be hard to incorporate a little more anti tank elsewhere in your list, allowing you to focus more on infantry with this setup, my favorites for Land Speeders are either heavy bolter heavy flamer, or a pair of heavy bolters. Shooty yet cheap.
    Heavy flamer

Land Raider Reedeemer- Multi Melta
    I would not consider the multi melta a useful choice for a Land Raider Redeemer, as the Power of The Machine Spirit is needed either to fire both Flamestorm Cannons, as their so short ranged speed is usually needed to make good use of them, or to fire the Cannons at seperate units as it can be sometimes difficult to fit the flame template on one unit with the bulk of a Land Raider in the way.
    Overall startegy

Vulks with half of Tac 3''s squad (sergeant and flamer guy) in the razorback making it a triple flamer, light troop destroyer squad with cc potential.

Lysander and Sterns pile into LR. The strategy here is a giant line breaker, the LR can move twelve, dump the sterns out of the side hatch and Lysander out of the front. Then up to three of the opponent's units can be targeted for destruction by the LR and Sterns in the shooting phase and be crushed by lysander in the assault phase.

The Tac squads capture objectives and support one another plus the LR in overrunning the enemies position. It would be nice if i had a dev squad to stay back with the lone lascannon unit but i didnt have the points unless I took out a tac squad (and i love my tacs).

The Landspeeders are the support unit used to draw fire away from the transports, burn and melt stuff and chase stuff off the board. There a good support unit able to get from hot spot to hot spot.
    Overall it looks to be a fairly solid list, and with a few cosmetic changes it should bring you some overall success.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

thanks for the feedback.

I see what you mean of my army lacking focus, but i tried to make it an all comers list, almost every squad tacs, stern and landspeeders have the weaponry to deal with any threats swarm or tanks except for a few squads.

when the Sterns and Lysander dump out of the LR Lysander is going to split from the the and go on his own. I could see this strategy working just as well in a drop pod

The Sterns also getting owned next turn is very likely. My Tacs would hopefully support the LR and Lysander smashing stuff will give the sterns a few more turns.

bolster defenses are not entirely wasted it can keep the half lascannon squad safe.

I think i need to play a few games to sort everything out.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Vulkan is great but Lysander.... well, isnt. He costs almost the same as 5 TH/SS terminators and I know which I would rather have especially when Vulkan makes the hammers mastercrafted.

Elites: Drop the HF. Take a mix or combimeltas and combiflamers.

Troops: Ok. Drop the ML for a MM if you take a rhino but I would go for a razorback and plasma cannon.

Fast: MM + HF is the best loadout for them especially with vulkan. They can fullfil 2 important roles and it keeps their speed up. Taking complimentry weapons restricts them to slow speeds and you are better off with razorbacks or dakka preds in that case.

Heavy: Good. Put 5TH/SS termies in it and give the sternguard a drop pod.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

Thanks for the input Mad Hat

Picking Lysander over 5 thunder termies was a tough deision. Vulkas really gives a boost to the thunde termies but Lysander rocks socks.

I picked Lysander over the termies so that he could share the LR with the Sterns

He also has a str10 thunder hammer which is can open up anything. I really wanted something in my list to pound a monolith to chunks or instant death T5 models

Dropping sterns are a big thing these days. I could even drop Lysander with them!

That has in fact happen to me when i was using my nids. Lysander and a bunch of combi-melta sterns dropped into my lines and killed a carnifix instanty. then Lysander went to kill pretty much everything else. Brutal.

But for my list i really wanted to have the entire army working together and advancing together as a huge tank rush to destroy the enemy in a few turns of cc and short range firefights. I wanted the sterns to be with the entire army because i want them to live through a game or two instead of being something that destroys a high priority unit then gets destroyed in return.

Again Ill play a few games see how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread