Another one of those, My first SW - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one of those, My first SW (1850)

My tactic would be to have the rune priest join the Blood Claws on their walk across the table while he shoots some Living Lightning, The Blood Claws will hopefully distract the opponent a bit from the Long Fang so they have thier go with thier 15 heavy weapons. The 5-man Grey Hunters will embark into the Land Raider turn 1 and probably stay at home for objective grabbing. The long fangs Drop Pod will be dropped empty to make 2 pod come down turn one.

And about the Power on the rune priest, I can't really take things like JOTWW because im from Sweden where we use a composition system and I really don't want this list to go any lower. Though I might take Storm Caller instead of Fury.

Rune Priest 120
    Terminator armor, Living Lightning, Fury of the Wolf Spirits

15 Blood Claws Pack @ 225 pts
    2x Flamer, Power Weapon
    Wolf Guard with PW @28pts

10 Grey Hunters Pack @ 185 pts
    Flamer, Plasma
    Drop Pod

2x Melta
    Drop Pod
    5 Grey Hunters Pack @ 75 pts
    Flamer

5 Grey Hunters Pack @ 120 pts
    Melta
    Razorback
    Wolf Guard @ 18 pts

Flamer

5 Long Fangs Pack @ 170 pts
    Lascannon x2; Missile Launcher x3
    Wolf Guard @ 18 pts

5 Long Fangs Pack @ 125 pts
    Heavy Bolter x3; Missile Launcher x2
    Wolf Guard with Terminator armor and Cyclone ML @ 63 pts

5 Long Fangs Pack @ 195 pts
    Missile Launcher x3; Plasma Cannon x2
    Wolf Guard @ 18 pts
    Drop Pod

Land Raider @ 250 pts
    (Bought as a Dedicated for my Wolf Guards)

Total of 1800 pts
    If I chose to play this list it would be in a 1850 pts tournament so there is some points left. What do you think about it?

Last edited by rofugos; November 29th, 2009 at 19:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by rofugos View Post
    (I know the army size isn't at the title, tried to edit it

My tactic would be to have the rune priest join the Blood Claws on their walk across the table while he shoots some Living Lightning, The Blood Claws will hopefully distract the opponent a bit from the Long Fang so they have thier go with thier 15 heavy weapons. The 5-man Grey Hunters will embark into the Land Raider turn 1 and probably stay at home for objective grabbing. The long fangs Drop Pod will be dropped empty to make 2 pod come down turn one.

And about the Power on the rune priest, I can't really take things like JOTWW because im from Sweden where we use a composition system and I really don't want this list to go any lower. Though I might take Storm Caller instead of Fury.

Rune Priest 120
    Terminator armor, Living Lightning, Fury of the Wolf Spirits

You should try Murderous Hurricane instead of Fury of the Wolf Spirits. It works quite well and it auto-hits. I would also suggest dropping the terminator armour and giving him a chooser of the slain instead.

15 Blood Claws Pack @ 225 pts
    2x Flamer, Power Weapon
    Wolf Guard with PW @28pts

I'm guessing these guys go in the crusader? They're going to roll over the moment an MC makes contact with them as they have no power fist. With the extra 10pts you would have by dropping the Libby's terminator armour you could upgrade the WG to have a PF.

Flamer, Plasma
    Drop Pod

2x Melta
    Drop Pod

Flamer

5 Grey Hunters Pack @ 120 pts
    Melta
    Razorback
    Wolf Guard @ 18 pts

What is the 5-man flamer pack for? Are you just going to hold them in reserve and let them out to take your objective near the end of the game? It might be better to drop the WG in the 5 man Razorback unit, combine it with the other 5 man unit, and change the razorback for a rhino. That way you have a good size, mobile unit seeing as the drop pod units can't move that far without a transport.

5 Long Fangs Pack @ 170 pts
    Wolf Guard @ 18 pts

5 Long Fangs Pack @ 125 pts
    Wolf Guard with Terminator armor and Cyclone ML @ 63 pts

5 Long Fangs Pack @ 195 pts
    Wolf Guard @ 18 pts
    Drop Pod

Land Raider @ 250 pts

I like how you only mix weapons with missile launchers. Thats a good practice because you can use MLs on pretty much anything so even if you lose your pack master you can still fire them.

One thing to note, though, is that you appear to not have pack masters written in there. You've included them in the costs, but not in words.

Also, what kind of LR is that? Is it a crusaider so that your Blood Claws can move without being shot to pieces? Or is it a normal land raider, which really isn't that great?

Total of 1800 pts
    If I chose to play this list it would be in a 1850 pts tournament so there is some points left. What do you think about it?
    Maybe a lone wolf with a frost blade and melta bombs for 50pts could be useful.

1800 is such a weird pointage. I've seen 1750 and 1850 before, but not 1800.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    You should try Murderous Hurricane instead of Fury of the Wolf Spirits. It works quite well and it auto-hits. I would also suggest dropping the terminator armour and giving him a chooser of the slain instead.
    I will try Murderous Hurricane. The thoughts about the armor seems correct also

I'm guessing these guys go in the crusader? They're going to roll over the moment an MC makes contact with them as they have no power fist. With the extra 10pts you would have by dropping the Libby's terminator armour you could upgrade the WG to have a PF.
    I explained in my post that these were going with the rune priest across the board. But I will probably add a P-fist in the squad.

QUOTE=Phalanx;1597965]
    What is the 5-man flamer pack for? Are you just going to hold them in reserve and let them out to take your objective near the end of the game? It might be better to drop the WG in the 5 man Razorback unit, combine it with the other 5 man unit, and change the razorback for a rhino. That way you have a good size, mobile unit seeing as the drop pod units can't move that far without a transport.[/QUOTE]

Again, read my initial post... They will jump into the Land Raider and probably stay there.

I like how you only mix weapons with missile launchers. Thats a good practice because you can use MLs on pretty much anything so even if you lose your pack master you can still fire them.
    That's the idea

One thing to note, though, is that you appear to not have pack masters written in there. You've included them in the costs, but not in words.
    You always have to have at least 1 Leader and 1-5 Long fangs so I don't see the need to print him out.

Also, what kind of LR is that? Is it a crusaider so that your Blood Claws can move without being shot to pieces? Or is it a normal land raider, which really isn't that great?

The Land Raider is just what it says... A Land Raider with Lascannons.

Maybe a lone wolf with a frost blade and melta bombs for 50pts could be useful.

Maybe

1800 is such a weird pointage. I've seen 1750 and 1850 before, but not 1800.
    I only had 1800 now because thats what I had in my head but I wanted to add to 1850.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

what compostioni, explain abit more why you can't take it in sweden.
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x7)

I will try Murderous Hurricane. The thoughts about the armor seems correct also

I explained in my post that these were going with the rune priest across the board. But I will probably add a P-fist in the squad.
    I don't like the idea of footslogging them. While its a bit of a to each their own thing, I find that if you want cover you'll be moving too slow and you'll take needless casulties. Putting them in a Crusaider would be far more beneficial, though you wouldn't be able to have them with the RP then because being in a tank with no firepoints sorta makes his powers less useful.

Again, read my initial post... They will jump into the Land Raider and probably stay there.
    I missed that. Personally I think its a waste of 75pts and a land raider. Land raiders are best used to get those large assault units into the enemy's face, not babysit objectives.

That's the idea

You always have to have at least 1 Leader and 1-5 Long fangs so I don't see the need to print him out.
    You should anyways. Otherwise people will think you screwed up. Even if you just write it like this instead:

Quote Originally Posted by modified
    6 Long Fangs Pack @ 195 pts
    Wolf Guard @ 18 pts
    Drop Pod
    it shows that you know what you're doing.

The Land Raider is just what it says... A Land Raider with Lascannons.
    Ah. I just find that I prefer the redeemer. Its great for getting my Wolf Guard into combat, but as you've said you would prefer to have it stay back and shoot. In that case I wonder why you just don't go for a razorback with tl'd lascannons instead. You could even get a pair of them (one for the wolf guard, one for the GH) and have pretty much the same long range firepower for less points and still have 170pts to go and blow on something else. Sure the extra armour is nice, but I just don't see that tactic as being very good.

Maybe
    Its just an idea. I don't really think in values as low as 50pts.

I only had 1800 now because thats what I had in my head but I wanted to add to 1850.
    Ah. So what you wanted added up to 1800pts and thats why you're thinking of other options?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    what compostioni, explain abit more why you can't take it in sweden.
    Well its a scale of how though your list seems to be. SW start at 100 and get -2 for have a Grey Hunter Pack for starters and long fangs get -1 for each heavy weapon and -2 for first squad etc...

On the tournament if you have low comp and you opponent have high he will steal some points from you after the match is over.

And JOTWW is -25 btw, thats why I won't take it.

Hope I managed to explain how it works so you understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One reason for the fotslogging was to get the heat of the long fangs and the podding Grey Hunters. About the long fangs, realised I had entered a 5 instead of a 6, I see the problem now .

But here is another version

Wolf Priest @125
    Runic Armor, Melta Bomb

Wolf Guard Battle Leader @85
    PW

13 Blood Claws Pack @ 210 pts
    Flamer, PW
    +Wolf Guard with P-fist @38pts

Flamer, Plasma
    Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters Pack @ 190 pts
    2x Melta
    Drop Pod

5 Grey Hunters Pack @ 150 pts
    Flamer
    Razorback (TL-LC)
    +Wolf Guard @ 18 pts

6 Long Fangs Pack @ 170 pts
    +Wolf Guard @ 18 pts

6 Long Fangs Pack @ 125 pts
    +Wolf Guard with Terminator armor and Cyclone ML @ 63 pts

+Wolf Guard @ 18 pts
    Drop Pod

Land Raider Crusader @ 260 pts
    Multi-Melta

Total 1850
    Last edited by rofugos; November 30th, 2009 at 15:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x7)

One reason for the fotslogging was to get the heat of the long fangs and the podding Grey Hunters. About the long fangs, realised I had entered a 5 instead of a 6, I see the problem now .

But here is another version

Wolf Priest @125
    Runic Armor, Melta Bomb

Wolf Guard Battle Leader @105
    PW
    A WGBL with a PW comes to 85pts, not 105pts. What else does he have?

13 Blood Claws Pack @ 210 pts
    Flamer, PW
    +Wolf Guard with P-fist @38pts

Flamer, Plasma
    Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters Pack @ 190 pts
    2x Melta
    Drop Pod

5 Grey Hunters Pack @ 150 pts
    Flamer
    Razorback (TL-LC)
    +Wolf Guard @ 18 pts

6 Long Fangs Pack @ 170 pts
    +Wolf Guard @ 18 pts

6 Long Fangs Pack @ 125 pts
    +Wolf Guard with Terminator armor and Cyclone ML @ 63 pts

+Wolf Guard @ 18 pts
    Drop Pod

Land Raider Crusader @ 260 pts
    Multi-Melta

Total 1850
    Looks good to me. I do prefer rhinos over drop pods, but to each their own, right?

I'm glad you decided to follow my advice on the LRC. Toss in the BCs with the Wolf Priest and its a force to be reckoned with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A was tossing around with runic armor on the WGBL. But forgot to remove the points for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x7)

I wouldn't bother with Runic Armour. I find that the biggest threats to HQ choices are powerfists and thunderhammers and runic armour won't help against those.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast