500 pts with a twist - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pts with a twist

Hay guys this is my first post on forum and I hope I get good feed back.

So basically me and the guys have made our lil' campaigne up with combat patrol rules but with 500 pts instead of 400, I have made a List for my trusty IG and hope you guys like it.

Troops

X2 Vet squads-------140
    X2 Heavy Bolters-----20
    X2 camo cloaks-----60
    X4 GL-----------20
    240 pts

X2 Chimera-----110

X2 Hydra----- 150

500 pts

The main objective for the army is to sit back and deal with anything that might turn up, mainly anti infantry though but that is due to the combat potrol armour rule.

please, comment

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Mech Guard is pretty dang nasty in small games. Hydras are brilliant at these ponts too. Nasty Nasty tanks in Combat Patrol.

The tropps are a bit hit and miss though. Why the Camo cloaks? Wont your guys be in the Chimeras? Thats alot of points to be spending on not much benefit. How about changing that doctrine for Demolitions? Big pie templates of str8 AP2 nastiness will be horrible in small games. you can take out whole Marine squads with them and in this size points thats game changing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well to be honest the vets were just there to sit back and shoot, but I must say I do like the running up and lobbin' a pie at someones face.

I have changed the list to...

2 chimeras

vets
    dem
    x3 GL

vets
    dem
    x3 GL
    PS

x2 Hydras

the only problem now is the other guys in the campaigne have seen the hydra and they are thinking of changing the rules to no elites, no heavies to represent "a scouting force", in which case a would only have 2 nades per squad and replace the hydras with another vet/chimera squad. oh and drop the power sword due to pts.

that sound pretty good?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Mech Guard is pretty dang nasty in small games. Hydras are brilliant at these ponts too. Nasty Nasty tanks in Combat Patrol.

The tropps are a bit hit and miss though. Why the Camo cloaks? Wont your guys be in the Chimeras? Thats alot of points to be spending on not much benefit. How about changing that doctrine for Demolitions? Big pie templates of str8 AP2 nastiness will be horrible in small games. you can take out whole Marine squads with them and in this size points thats game changing.
    Marbo would be brilliant at this points value too.

Needs a couple of melta guns in there somewhere if it's really going to handle anything. 5 Stormies w/2 x melta only costs 105 pts.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

It's only combat patrol. Are Meltaguns really needed? The nastiest vehicle you're going to face is a DevilFist and that can be killed easily enough by the Hydras. There's no monstrous creatures and no 2+ Saves.

He does have 20 guys with Melta bombs.

As for them changing the rules to compensate. Thats a little unfair to you i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

changing the rules does seem a little unfair but it is combat PATROL you wouldn't exactly take an anti air gun on patrol. however don't forget that no elites will hurt other armies in the campaign

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    It's only combat patrol. Are Meltaguns really needed? The nastiest vehicle you're going to face is a DevilFist and that can be killed easily enough by the Hydras. There's no monstrous creatures and no 2+ Saves.
    I'm just sayin'.

The escalation league I'm in has already seen a Soul Grinder at 450 pts.
    Come visit my blog at: www.warstrike.org

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah with the guys changing the rules it does suck a lil' but it is to represent the fact that you wouldn't be scouting around with heavily tanks. and yeah I'm not much for melta guns in this list, I mean I have demos and melta bombs to deal with tanks I think.

but one thing I was thinking of was replacing the nade luanchers with autocannons just so I have the flexablity of either charging in with the meltas or sitting back and letting rip?

and I also looked at marbo and he is good but I'm just not sure how I could fit him in.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread