1250 Point First Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 Point First Tournament

Trying out for my first tournament. Was thinking maybe something like this.

HQ:
    Vulkan He'Stan - 190

Troops:
    Tactical Squad - 260
    -Razorback w/ Dozer Blade and Heavy Flamer
    -Melta/Missle
    -Power weapon

Tactical Squad - 260
    -Razorback /w Dozer Blade and Heavy Flamer
    -Melta/Missle
    -Power Weapon

Tactical Squad - 235
    -Razorback /w Dozer Blade
    -Melta/Missle
    -Power Weapon

Heavy:
    Predator - 85
    -Autocannon/H.B.

Elite:
    Dreadnought - 150
    -Heavy Flamer/Multi-Melta
    -Drop Pod

Fast:

Speeder - 70
    -Heavy Flamer
    -Multi-metla

Thoughts? Seems pretty cool to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

My only though, for tournament play at least, is that the two Tactical Squad Sergeants could do with Power Fists. I've tried playing around with your list and am finding it difficult to free ups points. Certainly the Dozer Blades could go and perhaps replace a Meltagun with a flamer (which'll still be Twin-Linked).

I think this list could do well at a tournament.

Now w/ English voice-over LastDinosaur's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Seems well-rounded

The only suggestion I have, would be get rid of the heavyflamers on the razorbacks.. they don't gain anything from being with Vulkan as they're twin already (if that's what you were thinking). Also they can't move 12" and fire as the sisters immolators.. Generally considered a weak razorback option I think.

Use the 50 points saved on this for powerfists instead and maybe even a combiweapon or two for the sergeants.

I'd do like this:
    All three tac squads with pfs, 2 squads with melta/combimelta and 1 with flamer/combi/flamer.. Should be the same amount of points. Get rid of x amount of dozerblades to make points fit.

Of course if you fancy the hFlamers, stay with it.. It's not like they're useless

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

My only concern is your Razorbacks. TL-Heavy Flamers are rightly vicious; however, they are your dedicated transports, and in a competitive setting will be the first thing to pop. They're a bit expensive for that, IMO. If you want Razorbacks, you can do with the cheaper TL-HB variant, but I'd otherwise recommend Rhinos and a combination of Flamer / Multimelta and Melta / Multimelta amongst your Tacs. Possibly 1 TL-HF Razorback will be beneficial, with the combat-squadded Tac ML sitting on a home objective, but you've neither saturated the list with armour nor infantry, so having a close-quarters combat-squad (or all three) stranded mid-field could lose you the game.

The only saving grace is the DP Dread, but if the opponent is prepared he'll go fast. But he will save you a round, at least. Dakka Pred is great, and might force opponents to forgo a shot at your Razorbacks to target it, but that'd be a mistake.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to agree with above advice.. The Heavy Flamer is a great option for anything, but its a heavy price tag on the Razorback, and you won't be using the Razorback for that purpose. Keep it on the cheap (almost EVERY other vehicle, if it can take a heavy flamer, can take a Heavy Flamer for 10 points, so just stick to them) and just keep the heavy bolter, maybe it'll kill something, who knows. The tact squads are a nice core, Meltaguns is a great option, but I tend to lean towards the flamer, if you're going to attack a vehicle with the squad then so be it, but you're wasting 7 bolter shots. If you shoot at troops, 1 is more than likely going to die vs a meltagun. But I figure, if you wanna attack/assault troops, the flamer is a GREAT way to take a few numbers down. Sure its not AP-1, but if you are facing something with a weaker armour value, or even Marines, you're forcing A LOT of 3+ saves instead of just 1 cover/inv save (in most cases they're in cover anyways) I field 1 of each in each tact squad, and if I need to, YA, I'll shoot that tank, but they usually run with Vulkan and go after the scariest thing on the board! 1 melta shot and 4 str 6 attacks is enough to kill a hive tyrant in 1 or 2 rounds of combat. So just make sure when you're gearing up a tact squad, that you have a purpose in mind for them and stick to it!
    Overall solid list! I use a lot of the same stuff and I find if they focus and kill 1 thing, the other will make them pay for it!

Happy hunting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the delayed response, long hours in a retail job during the holidays makes you miss out on stuff.

Anyways. Yeah the reason why I put the heavy flamers on the razorback is because I was thinking of Vulkans bonus. But I completely forgot they are already twin linked. So I could drop those, maybe to get the power fist. As for dropping the meltas, I'm a bit torn on that too.

To give you guys a bit of preface, I usually field a pretty shooty army. My friends around here play Chaos and Nids' and things do not usually go well for me in close combat, so I usually don't like venturing into it. The only things that I own that usually does well in close combat are my AoBR Termies. It's just not fun fighting Kharne when his hits always land(even if that means hes hitting his allies) and has seven(I think?) attacks on the charge. It just never ends well lol.

Obviously things will be diffrent in the tournament since they won't be there. But I'm mostly thinking shooty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh totally, Both Melta and Flamer are a GREAT choice. My only point was that when you're fighting marines, they'll most likely be in cover, and get a 4+ cover from the melta shot.. where as with a flamer, you force them to take more 3+ saves than a melta gun. Just saying that even if you only get 2 wounds, you're forcing 2 3+ instead of 1 4+ save, that's all. And for anything besides marines (like Nids) you're gunna want fire, hehe. Its ALL about style and preference. Don't take my advice, just read it. Just giving you my angle on the assault weapons.

And NEVER be afraid of Close Combat with Vulkan. If you read his wargear closely, you'll see that he gets 4 attacks on the charge with 1 re-roll, and then Str6 power weapon wounds with 1 re-roll also (digital weapons)
    One game I played I was facing Abaddon with Terminators and Kharne with Berzerkers. Vulkan and a 5 man Thunderhammer/Stormshield squad killed Abadoon in 1 round of combat w/o taking a wound, and Kharne fell to fire from my Imperial Guard partner (lasguns...)
    Vulkan is a buzz-saw in assaults, get him in there!

You are definatly right to soften them up before they get to you tho!
    Turn em or burn em brother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decided to make a few changes. Put Rhinos in so I could fit all 10 models into my transports, added power fist to all. Also decided to change one squad to Flamer/Multimelta. But this puts me down to 1195, and I'm not sure where I could fill in points.

HQ:
    Vulkan He'Stan - 190

Troops:
    Tactical Squad - 235
    -Rhino
    -Melta/Missle
    -Power Fist

Tactical Squad - 235
    -Rhino
    -Melta/Missle
    -Power Fist

Tactical Squad - 230
    -Rhino
    -Flamer/Multimelta
    -Power Fist

Heavy:
    Predator - 85
    -Autocannon/H.B.

Elite:
    Dreadnought - 150
    -Heavy Flamer/Multi-Melta
    -Drop Pod

Fast:
    Speeder - 70
    -Heavy Flamer
    -Multi-metla

1195 =[

Also, with Christmas money I'm looking to expand to a 1850-2000point range army. Any suggestions on where to go from here would be great. The only other models I have other then whats listed here are AoBR Termies, and two commanders.

leeds yorkshire england am not a yorkie though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think im right when i say a bare bones landspeeder is 50 points? cant remember of hand but im sure u can upgrade to a free hvy flamer too maybe the way to go?
    i rock my world

+ Reply to Thread