[2500] IG w/ DH Allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2500] IG w/ DH Allies

HQ:
    Company Command Squad
    w/ 4x Meltaguns, Astropath, Officer of the Fleet
    Chimera
    w/ Heavy Flamer, Multi-Laser
    [205]

Inquisitor Lord
    w/ Psychic Hood
    2x Mystic, Hierophant
    [85]

Elites:
    Vindicate Assassin
    [110]

Troops:
    (8) Grey Knights
    w/ 2x Incinerators
    Justicar
    [245]

(10) Veterans
    w/ 3x Meltaguns
    Chimera
    [155]

(10) Veterans
    w/ 3x Meltaguns
    Chimera
    [155]

(10) Veterans
    w/ 3x Meltaguns
    Chimera
    [155]

(10) Veterans
    w/ 3x Meltaguns
    Chimera
    [155]

Platoon Command Squad
    w/ 4x Flamers
    Chimera
    [105]

Infantry Squad
    w/ Autocannon, Grenade Launcher
    [65]

Infantry Squad
    w/ Autocannon, Grenade Launcher
    [65]

Fast Attack:
    Hellhound
    w/ Multimelta, Smoke Launchers
    [150]

Vendetta (GK)
    [130]

Vendetta (PCS or Inquisitor)
    [130]

Heavy:
    Leman Russ Demolisher
    w/ Hull Lascannon
    [180]

Leman Russ Demolisher
    w/ Hull Lascannon
    [180]

Leman Russ Executioner
    w/ Hull Heavy Flamer, Plasma Sponsons
    [230]

[2500]

Meant to be just a well-rounded, all-comers list. I tried to make it flexible. The GK go into a Vendetta and can opt to Scout or Outflank, making it a gimmick unit that has some potential. I have yet to test it out, but I am planning on it in the very near future. The PCS can hop into a Vendetta, too, if need be. If they do, the Inquisitor can hitch a ride in their Chimera. Otherwise, the Inquisitor rides in the Vendetta and protects me from Psykers and Deep Strikers. The Squads can squat on home objectives, throwing down light anti-tank, while the Veterans roll forward and smash the opponent in the teeth. The Assassin is stashed in cover and does what he does - knocking out dangerous Power Fists and Meltaguns, allowing me to tank shock with less fear. The trio of tanks are just ugly, having proved a nasty combo in a few of my recent games. Astropath boosts my Reserves, while an Officer helps me deal with opponents that will come in piecemeal, meaning more firepower on fewer targets, which can be useful.

Anyhow, as so many folks at my shop love these massive armies, I need one that I can just toss together and run with. The wildcards here are the PAGKs, Inquisitor Lord, and the Vindicare. I have yet to use any of these paired with my IG, so comments would be much appreciated.

Last edited by OldHat; December 23rd, 2009 at 05:02.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

I like it. It should cover most situations. My only quibble is over the Executioner as it's pricey for what it does, and I personally favor mobile tanks. I think the Callidus assassin offers more tactical advantages than the vindicare, but I find that to be more a matter of personal taste. Stomp some xeno and heretic faces .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Scary list.

I know you love the melta squads and I still think that at this point value 5 of those, a pair of vendettas, and a pair of Demos is more than enough to kill tanks and you could drop one vet squad for something like a hellhound. But eh, your call.

I know the Vindicare is nice for sniping those PF models, etc, but I still find the Callidus or Eversor are much more effective for their points value.

Other than that, there's not really much to comment on and most of it is really just personal opinion (I also love the plasma-cutioner) . Go nuts and squash the xenos and heretics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I will most likely do, now that I am looking at it, is toss the Grenade Launchers and the Vindicare for a Callidus. While I need to eliminate Power Fists and whatnot, I can chance it. I will most likely rest both, because the abilities of the Vindicare are solid, all things considered.

@Hockeyman506 - I only have four Vet Squads and already have a Hellhound. I won't be using five Veteran Squads anytime soon, as four has proven a suitable number for most games (excluding Apocalypse).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Ah, I was counting the CCS as a meltasquad.

No worries. I don't usually play at 2500 so like I said, your call as I can't provide any accurate advice at that high a point level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    Ah, I was counting the CCS as a meltasquad.

No worries. I don't usually play at 2500 so like I said, your call as I can't provide any accurate advice at that high a point level.
    I don't play 2500pt games either. So, this will be a fun experiment. Personally, I am more looking forward to my DH w/ IG over the IG w/ DH. Go figure.

+ Reply to Thread