1000 point blood angels army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

1000 point blood angels army

Chaplain
    Jump-pack
    Melta-bombs
    125 pts.

Assault Squad
    2 plasma pistols
    Power weapon
    Melta bombs
    200 pts.

Assault squad
    2 plasma pistols
    Power weapon
    Melta bombs
    200 pts.

Assault squad
    2 plasma pistols
    Power weapon
    Melta bombs
    200 pts.

10 man Tactical Squad
    Missile launcher
    200 pts.

4 Death company
    Jump packs
    50 pts.

Shold i drop any upgrades in order to get more assault marines? The general aim with this army is to jump-pack across the battlefield and close with enemy and slaughter him in close combat... the melta-bombs are included to deal with any enemy armour and the tactical squad is there to hold objectives and send a few missiles at the enemy i have 25 points left should i drop a few of the plasma pistols and but another assault or tac squad or add a few more upgrades? or maybe even a rhino for the tactical squad to shoot forwards and capture objectives with?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

It's a real bummer blood angels can't get flamers on their assault squads, you could use a bit of anti-horde power in there.

I would drop all the meltabombs/powerweapons and put powerfists on your sergeants. S8 is enough to punch through the rear armor of anything you should be facing in 1k.

Your Death company would not cost 50pts to have jump packs, it would only be 20. Also a combi-flamer on the chaplain would only be a few points, wouldn't replace any of his weapons, and give you a nice template shot if that ever ends up being necessary.

If you deal with hordes, make sure you double up your squads on the charge. You don't want to get overwhelmed by orks or the like. Be careful that you want your units to be tied up in close combat during the enemy shooting phase, otherwise they are going to be high and dry the next round. Along with this, make sure you don't get flank charged, when you charge one squad in make sure you are also charging the other squads around it so the next round you don't find your 4-5 marines in the middle of 2-3 enemy squads!

Your tactical squad is most useful right now because of it's missile launcher, a Rhino COULD help, but simply finding them a nice perch may be better overall, your assault marines have plenty of maneuverability as is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

with the changes you have suggested i am down to 940 points... what should i add to the list now? What would enhance the list even further? I want it to be a very competitive list...

+ Reply to Thread