1750 Bike Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 Bike Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    51 (x1)

1750 Bike Army

Hey Guys,

Ok, so the basic idea is to have a lot of bikes, with some Tactical Squad and Vindicator support, all crashing into one section of the enemy army and then mopping up the rest. The bike squads, as well as the Tactial Squad are all outfitted to be able to deal with some close combat action. For the bikes its mainly: shoot hard, assualt, fallback, repeat or reengage elsewhere. My chapter is the Storm Hunters, basicly based around Salamander fluf and love of flame and incorpirating White Scars speed and bikes.

My main concern is that the Tactical Squad and Vindicator will get bogged down and/or not be able to keep up with the bikes. Also, should I consider changing the Rhino for the Tactical Squad to a Razorback and combat squading the Tactials?

HQ
    Captian Drusus 165
    SM Bike,
    Relic Blade

Command Squad 250
    Bikes,
    3 Flamers,
    Company Standard,
    Company Champion

Troops
    10-man Tactical Squad 235
    Flamer and Plasma Cannon,
    Sgt w/ Power Fist,
    Rhino Transport

5-man Bike Squad 235
    2 Melta Guns
    Sgt w/ Power Fist
    Attack Bike w/ MM

5-man Bike Squad 235
    2 Melta Guns
    Sgt w/ Power Fist
    Attack Bike w/ MM

5-man Bike Squad 235
    2 Plasma Guns
    Sgt w/ Lightning Claw
    Attack Bike w/ MM

Fast Attack
    2-man Land Speeder Squadron 180
    2 Land Speeder Tornados w/ Assault Cannons

1-man Land Speeder Squadron 90
    1 Land Speeder Typhoon

Heavy Support
    Vindicator 125
    Siege Shield

Any comments or criticism is welcome,
    Thanks,
    Aemilius

Last edited by Tacitus Aemilius; December 26th, 2009 at 05:57.
    Space Marines are like gravity. It's not just a good idea. It's the Law.
    -Aemilius

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on your fast attack i would put one landspeeder in each slot instead of doubling up on one like that makes em more survivable and allows for more flexibility in your firing. Also the plasma guns arent really worth it on bikes the gets hot rule doesnt matter so much with a regular infantry marine but on bikes thats forty points your losing. I would instead go with a pair of flamers and a heavy bolter on that squad to help with some anti horde. the two squads of melta bikers should be more than enough for tanks. The tornados with assault cannons is personal preference i love assault cannons just not on my landspeeders since if you are close enough to shoot them they can usually shoot you back and landspeeders are kind of fragile but thats just me. The only thing I would say is maybe drop the command squad for more landspeeders and another vindicator cause just the one vindi will get shot to pieces pretty quick in most games. I don't know what to think about command squads myself they are either your mvp or they get destroyed before you can do anything with them. All in all its a pretty solid list and most of my suggestions are of the personal preference/playstyle sort good luck bro and I think you will do pretty good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I think this army'll be a blast to play with. I'd keep the Rhino, can still Combat Squad but you've got the option of carrying the whole squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x1)

Thanks for the feedback,
    I agree that the plamsas on bikes are a slight gamble and risky, so those have been changed to flamers with a HB Attack Bike. The command squad I love, they have always proven usefull and worth their points, so I wish to keep them, but I do need another vindicator. So, buy cutting a few things here and there I have managed to fit it all in, take a look!

HQ
    Captian Drusus 165
    SM Bike,
    Relic Blade

Command Squad 245
    Bikes,
    2 Flamers,
    Company Standard,
    Company Champion

Troops
    10-man Tactical Squad 235
    Flamer and Plasma Cannon,
    Sgt w/ Power Fist,
    Rhino Transport

5-man Bike Squad 235
    2 Melta Guns
    Sgt w/ Power Fist
    Attack Bike w/ MM

5-man Bike Squad 235
    2 Melta Guns
    Sgt w/ Power Fist
    Attack Bike w/ MM

5-man Bike Squad 205
    2 Flamers
    Sgt w/ Lightning Claw
    Attack Bike w/ HB

Fast Attack
    1 Land Speeder Typhoon

1 Land Speeder Typhoon

Heavy Support
    Vindicator 125
    Siege Shield

Vindicator 125
    Siege Shield

Total: 1750

Thanks guys and please keep commenting,
    Aemilius
    -Aemilius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome bro i think you will do great with this list i know i would hate to face it in a tourney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list is great, the one thing I would do to it is.........nothing, this list it awesome man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

51 (x1)

More Revisions to the List:

I was looking at my command squad and realizing that they are doing a duplicate job of the flamer bike squad that I already have. I am not sure this is a good thing as i then lack a squad that can effectively deal with Heavy Infantry such as sm, csm, necrons, etc. (perhaps the vindicators can handle this, I don't know) Plasma bike squad, as Dude5756 warned, could easily be the death of itself as thier weapons can over heat.

So my question to you guys is if I should replace the command squads flamers with plamsa guns and the plamsa bike squad with flamers?
    If you could share some advice as this would take a bit of modeling and painting to switch.

thanks,
    Aemilius
    -Aemilius

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Hey mate,

why didn't you tell me you needed advice on your list?
    I rarely find the time to browse through the army lists section, but if I get personal requests -especially from friends- you can be sure that I'll see to it.

The advice given so far wasn't bad. To free up some more points to play with I would drop the company standard (it's more of a waste in a Space Marine army, in my opinion) and downgrade the siege shields to dozer blades (re-rolling that dangerous terrain test will be enough - 1/36 is possible but pretty unlikely). Lightning claws are good, unfortunately biker sergeants can't take them.
    I do disagree with the advice against plasma guns on bikers. Being able to move 12" and still shoot them 24" is priceless, and I often use plasma bikers - to great effect. My opponents fear them very much. I would reintegrate them in the list, either put them back in the original plasma squad (then drop the illegal lightning claw on that sergeant entirely, but still leave the heavy bolter on the attack bike - this squad should be far-ranged fire support) and keep the flamers in the command squad, or put the plasma guns into the command squad and change the illegal lightning claw to a power weapon.
    I would use the leftover points we freed to add equipment to your command squad. A lightning claw or a power fist there couldn't hurt. Plasma guns are perfect in command squads because of feel no pain reducing the probability of frying your own models. Flamers are too because command squads are the only unit on Space Marine bikes that should definitely seek close combat (and therefore proximity to the enemy). Try to get as many individual models as possible (perfect for wound allocation trickery) but don't mix too wildly - your unit should still have one task it specializes in.

You could also consider removing the command squad entirely, putting the plasma guns back into the flamer squad, and adding a third vindicator and a third typhoon. Those blast templates (both big and small) give you plenty of anti-horde firepower, you don't need to risk your bikes close-up.

Good luck!
    Red

+ Reply to Thread