500pts combat patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pts combat patrol

So the guys have put together a lil' tourny with rules: 500pts combat patrol, no elites, no heavies.

I have sent a post on this topic already but I have since come up with new ideas and list.

the new list I have created is

vet squad 1
    carapace
    power weapon
    melta x2
    chimera

vet squad 2
    carapace
    powerfist
    flamer x3
    chimera

armoured sent x2 (not in squad)
    auto cannon x2

Total 500pts

please, comment and advise.

Last edited by Ratling; December 27th, 2009 at 02:16.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

First of all, well done for keeping the brilliant game that is combat patrol going. Not enough people play it

For your veteran squads, you don't need carapace armour if you've got chimeras. The chimera can do the job of protecting them perfectly well. Lose the carapace and you've got 60 points to spend on things. I don't think you need the power weapon and the power fist either. If we get rid of them we've suddenly got 85 points.

The sentinels are fine, but if you were to consider only using one, you'd then have 145 points to spend

Now what could you get with that? A company command squad in a chimera? A hellhound/devildog/banewolf? You'd probably even have a few points to give that first vet squad another melta gun.

Just play around a bit. You could get a lot out of this list
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing like having a squadron of 2 scout sentinels outflank and then pop some bad guys with autocannon fire, or multilaser even especially if your not fighting many heavy armored guys. Definetly like those especially in small point games.

+ Reply to Thread