SW 1500 pt semi competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SW 1500 pt casual/competitive

HQ

Wolf Lord with Frost Axe, Storm Shield, and Saga of the Beastslayer

Rune Priest with a Storm Bolter - Jaws of the World Wolf and Living Lightning psychic powers

Troop

10 Grey Hunters
    2 Plasma Guns
    Mark of Wulfen
    Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters
    2 Plasma Guns
    Mark of Wulfen
    Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters
    2 Plasma Guns
    Mark of Wulfen
    Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters
    2 Plasma Guns
    Mark of Wulfen

Fast Attack

15 Fenrisian Wolves
    Cyber Wolf

15 Fenrisian Wolves
    Cyber Wolf

Heavy Support

5 Long Fangs and 1 Pack leader
    2 Lascannons
    2 Heavy Bolters
    1 Plasma Cannon

Well what do you think? the rune priest will stay with the grey hunter pack on foot. long fangs will stay back and shoot away.i kinda thought i could have my wolf lord with the wolves(not in the unit maybe by them or surrounded to charge by them in close combat). the grey hunters with drop pods could drop near objectives.

Last edited by ShadyVillian; December 30th, 2009 at 05:15.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first of all take my advice with a pinch of salt, i'm not the most experianced player and am using general rules of thumb to comment -

1) you have a general lack of anti tank, the 2 lascannons will do some damage yes and the plasma guns will also be able to pop transports but it's still not going to be able to put down serious tanks effectivly this leads onto the next comment -->

2) personally i'm not too keen on the 4 missile launcher long fang packs doing the round however tempting it may be to have 4 templates on the table, however dedicating the squad to anti tank would be a good idea ( i do however appreciate that it's hard to get your hands on the bitz for the different heavy weapons personally i'm running two LF squads one with 4 heavy bolters and the other with 2 x LC and 2 x ML, these squads can both be built with 2 dev boxes)

3) Grey hunters and plasma - plasma is a risk, yes it's only 1 in 6 BUT you're still risking losing men to your own fault, another idea would be to purchase a bitz pack of meltaguns (5 in a pack for £4.90) and change 2 of the squads at least to melta squads, you could use these as the more assult minded GHs and keep the plasmas relativly defensive holding a 'home' objective so you can take advantage of the longer plasma shots or rapid fire.

4) Grey hunters - power fists? Power fists would do very nicely taking down the multiple wound models and rear armour - generally - nasty although you do have the MotW so this isn't so important.

5) Why the wolves? unless it's a fluff reasons i wouldn't use them, they'd be a pain to model and generally tedious... characterful but tedious. You could ditch these for a dred and some other nasties e.g. small scouts unit or a bulked out lone wolf.... maybe? Basically it's 250 points, that could cause you less hassle with modelling and be more effective e.g. wolf guards leading your GHs and/or a nice hard unit of WG termies in a pod should be around 250 (or have 4 WG adding in the wolf lord with termie armour... ouch)

6) The wolf lord - i'd switch the frost blade for a wolf claw (use the counts as rule if you like the idea of an axe) should be useful in terms of the re-roles and try and find the point for the wolf tooth necklace - very good.

Overall however you should be able to cover mass infantry with 40 GHs, that'll put the fear of russ and the all father in any player (read - god help tau). Again this advice isn't concrete but it's something

all the best

matt

p.s. have a look at the following blog (it's fantastic for tactics and modeling although i would do the combi-weapons differently + have a look at the wolf scout conversions ) Space Wolves
    Last edited by matt01price; January 2nd, 2010 at 19:18.
    Grey Knight and Space Wolf blog - http://spacewolfgallery.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the feedback. ill see if i can get my hands on some bitz. i use the wolves from fantansy that are for the orcs and goblins btw.

HQ

Wolf Lord with Wolf Claw, Storm Shield

Rune Priest with a Storm Bolter - Storm Caller and Living Lightning psychic powers (he can be in the squad of long fangs for extra shooting and the cover save)

Troop

10 Grey Hunters
    2 Plasma Guns
    Mark of Wulfen
    Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters
    2 Plasma Guns
    Mark of Wulfen
    Drop Pod

10 Grey Hunters
    2 Plasma Guns
    Mark of Wulfen

10 Grey Hunters
    2 Plasma Guns
    Mark of Wulfen

Heavy Support

4 Long Fangs and 1 Pack leader (all anti tank attacking all at one tank or 2 at 2 tanks)
    4 Lascannons

4 Long Fangs and 1 Pack leader (plasma cannons for heavy infantry and heavy bolters for light infantry, again splitting fire or focusing on one target. )
    2 Heavy Bolters
    2 Plasma Cannon

now i just need some dedicated assault. any suggestions?
    Last edited by ShadyVillian; January 4th, 2010 at 23:46.

+ Reply to Thread