1500 Point list for upcoming league - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Point list for upcoming league

Hey I'm going to be competing in a 40k league starting a a week or so. This is the list im thinking of running.

HQ:
    Company command Squad..............70
    4 Sniper Rifles

Lord Commissar..........................100
    Carapace Armour
    Powerfist
    Melta Bomb

Troops

2x Vet Squad ..........................145
    3 Melta Guns
    Demolition Doctrine
    Sergeant w/ Power Fist

2x Vet Squad...........................170
    3 Plasma Gun
    Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer

Fast Attack

2x Vendetta............................140
    Heavy Bolters

Heavy Support

3x Basilisk...............................140
    Enclosed Crew Compartment

Total................................................1500

The Lord Commissar is attached to one of the Vet Squads with the melta guns and those squad get into Vendettas. The Basilisks provide high power templates and have enclosed crew compartments so they are less vulnerable to pot shots. I like the lord commissar in here because he has weapon skill 5 and 4 attack, 5 on the charge, with a power fist so if i drop that squad on a land raider, it quite likely that i will take out quite a few of the termies that are inside. The command squad is the one thing I've really been debating, I like the idea of keeping it back and shooting with the snipers while catching any units that are running away for KP games. A plasma gun squad would do more damage but then i need to transport it somehow because it doesnt have a chimera.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Lose the Lord Com (10 dudes don't need stubborn, ever), give your CCS meltas and a Chimera (snipers suck, Ratlings are cheaper), lose the powerfists (you always lose combat, 2 S6 attacks won't change it) and the Bassies (minimum range is too big, anything is better).

Look into grabbing a platoon on the cheap to hold objectives and dish out firepower at range.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with losing the power fists on the sergeants but I don't think i agree with you about the lord commissar. The squad with the commissar is meant to be dropped on land raiders (i play against a lot of Space Marines). In between the melta guns and the melta bombs i'm pretty sure i could get the land raider the turn I attack it. The Lord Commissar is there to kill some terminators that are inside of the land Raider. 4 or 5 str 6 attacks will get 3 or 4 termies the turn I attack plus the standard attacks of the squad. You are right that they don't need stubborn but That's not why he is there. The Lord Com is there to provide ws 5 str 6 attacks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Ok, heres a few pointers. I hope they help.

HQ
    Sniper rifles may look good, but seriously, they aren't very good at all. Rending is something that will only happen once or twice in a battle, and I would think that some plasma guns or melta guns or grenade launchers would be better.

Use the Lord Commisar if you want to. Hes quite good, and is handy for CC.

A cheap platoon would be a good idea. If you could shave a few points off, then this would be something to look into.

Troops
    Pretty good here, but as ==Me== suggested, you could use the points on the power fists elsewhere. I would suggest dropping one of the squads with plasma for a squad with flamers.

Heavy Support
    I would reccommend a different tank to the basilisk. Perhaps Demolishers.
    Last edited by ChadMS; January 5th, 2010 at 21:19.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    and the Bassies (minimum range is too big, anything is better).
    But the Bassies can fire directly below min range, can't they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomson View Post
    But the Bassies can fire directly below min range, can't they?
    Yes, but they're butter in the open! The only way I have found to use Bassies successfully are one each opposing corner, hiding behind cover. (don't bother with a third). This way you can hit any where on the board indirectly. 5th ed took out area of terrain and direct line of site is the rule now, so Bassies are a lot harder to hide than they used to be. I now only use AV14 Lemans of some variant now for my Heavy Support choices. Armored Crew compartments are always a waste of points to me......... If I did take an indirect Heavy it would be a Griffon (cheap) or a Collossus (no cover save is soooooo handy in 5th!). Also taking AV14 tanks can take some heat off of your Vendettas, especially a Demolisher. For some reason, people see that S10 ordnance blast coming there way and figure they HAVE to do something about it.

Most Termies these days are TH/SS combos so your Commissar might kill one if your lucky and than splat. Massed fire is the order of the day to kill termies now. That 100 points could almost be a Vet squad with three plasma guns, or a squad of 9 Psykers which are both a better choice IMO.

Cheers, DH
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

+ Reply to Thread