[1500] Semi-Mech List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Semi-Mech List

Twiddling my thumbs to avoid revising, came up with this list for 1500 points. Love to hear people's thoughts.

HQ- 165

CCS- 4 PGs, Chimera ML/HF – 165

Troops- 675

Infantry Platoon- 365
    PCS, AC- 40
    2x Infantry Squad, 2x AC, 2x PW, Commissar w PW- 185
    HW Squad, 3x AC- 75
    SW Squad, 2x Flamers, Demolition Charge- 65

Veteran Squad, 3 meltas, Chimera ML/HF- 155

Fast Attack-410

Hellhound, HF- 130

Vendetta, HBs- 140

Vendetta, HBs- 140

Heavy Support- 250

Basilisk- 125

Basilisk- 125

Total- 1500

63 infantry
    8 vehicles
    15 KPs

Basic idea is to have a static element comprising the Infantry blob, the Basilisks, HW Squad and PCS providing a firebase/ home objective camp, supported by the CCS to supply additional orders and act as a mobile anti-DS/MC deterrent. Meanwhile the Vet Chimeras and Hellhound act as a forward element, and the SWS rides one of the Vendettas, making it scoring/giving anti-horde attacks. The Vendettas then skirt the board edges looking for side armour. List supplies plenty of anti horde, anti light vehicle, anti heavy vehicle, and anti MC/TEQ firepower. To boost it up to 1750, I'd add in a Demolisher, second SWS, and a Officer of the Fleet, dropping one of the Power Weapons in the infantry blob to make the points fit.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Kongy; January 5th, 2010 at 05:15. Reason: Possibly giving away IP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No comments? That mean it's hopeless or fine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

The list is pretty good. You have your individual units properly equiped.

I would like to see some AV14 in your list to take some of the heat of the Vendettas and Hellhound. Having AV12 as your highest armor is a problem and could be quickly popped. Bassies are a tough call in 5th ed as line of sight rules cause them to be tough to hide. An Exterminator and Regular Russ would be my suggestion.

I also suggest an Astropath for your Vendettas, not for first turn, but if you get second. A good opponent will target them asap if they get first turn and it is really hard to hide those big flyers!

On a Hellhound, I like to use a Multimelta with the main Flame weapon.

Cheers, DH
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    Looks good. 4 Plasma is going to hurt something but it's expensive and fragile so be careful.

TROOPS:
    The platoon is fine but 1 HWs is just too much of a target. They're very fragile so you're better off taking multiples of them just to give you a bit of redundancy. Maybe use the points for a second SWS who can jump in the 2nd Vendetta

FAST:
    Vedettas are solid. I'm Iffy about the Sponsons though. This guy is a tank hunter so shouldn't be targetting hoards. they are cheap though so it's not a big deal. If you need points tho drop 'em.

HEAVY:
    Look good but not that effective. The minimum range is a real handicap and if you're going to fire dirrectly you might aswell have bought a Russ in the first place. Take some Russ instead. normal Russ are fine and cheap and Demolishers pack that extra little punch for that little bit extra. Keep them cheap and avoid upgrades though.

Hope that helped a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you- good points, taken on board, particularly the lack of AV14 and the dodginess of Basilisks. I just like the models, and the idea.

How about this as an alternative? Takes the HWS Autocannons and makes them mobile, adds in some close support AV14 and an Astropath, and maintains my indirect pieplates. Sacrifices the Hellhound though, and leaves my 2 Command squads with only one unit to boss around. There are plenty of HFs around to compensate for the lack of Hellhound though, and the addition of the Astropath will make the Vendettas more survivable as Diggums describes, as well as making outflanking Sentinels more effective. I do like Sentinels.

HQ- 195

CCS- 4 PGs, Astropath, Chimera ML/HF – 195

Elites- 0

Troops- 620

Infantry Platoon- 310
    PCS, AC, 2xGL- 50
    2x Infantry Squad, 2x AC, 2x PW, Commissar w PW- 185
    SW Squad, 2x Flamers, Demolition Charge- 65

Fast Attack-380

3x Scout Sentinels, AC- 120

Vendetta- 130

Vendetta- 130

Heavy Support- 315

Demolisher, HF- 165

2x Griffons, HF- 150

Total- 1500

15 KPs

How's that?
    Last edited by Kongy; January 8th, 2010 at 12:08. Reason: Make more readable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

If you're a fan of the Bassy model, look into Medusas. All you need to do is shorten that cannon and you've got a solid artillery piece. Add 2 Chimeras to sit back in front of them and give cover and you're set.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I like it. It's got a bit of everything and you've got all your bases covered.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    605 (x8)

Another worthy HS choice that could work with the basilisk model would be the Collossus. Str 6 AP 3 and no cover save will be useful for you. I'd suggest shaving some points from somewhere and grabbing a second SWS. They make a nasty payload for vendettas if you should happen to go first. Alternatively you could drop the AC in your PCS and grab 4 flamers. Troops from freshly wrecked transports make awesome marshmallow subsitutes.

+ Reply to Thread