Two 1500pt Space Wolf lists for tournament, can't decide - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which List is Better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • List 1 - Vindicators and Rhinos

7 87.50%
  • List 2 - Land Raiders

1 12.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two 1500pt Space Wolf lists for tournament, can't decide

Ok here I have 2 lists for Space Wolves, both have been refined and play tested, both have their strengths and weaknesses. I am going to post them and explain the idea behind them and would like anyone who has a look to please vote for your favourite. Thank you!

LIST 1

Rune Priest - Chooser of the Slain, Runic Armour, Plasma Pistol [145]

4 Wolf Guard - 2 Combi-meltas, 1 Combi-flamer, 1 Combi-plasma, 4 Powerfists [172]

9 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino [215]

8 Grey Hunters - Plasmagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino [205] (RP here)

5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Razorback, TL Lascannon [195]

5 Grey Hunters - Flamer, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Razorback, TL Lascannon [190]

Vindicator - Siege Shield [125]

TOTAL: [1497]

Ok this list is fairly simple, the Rhinos act as a smoke screen on the move forward, then the Vindis lay down a hail of fire when in range, and then the GHs jump out and nail everything .

LIST 2

Ragnar Blackmane - Svangir and Ulfgir [260]

8 Wolf Guard - 3 Powerfists [204]

15 Blood Claws - 2 Meltaguns, Powerfist [255]

10 Grey Hunters - 2 Meltaguns, Rhino [190]

5 Grey Hunters - Plasmagun [85]

Land Raider Crusader [250]

Land Raider [250]

TOTAL: [1494]

In this list Ragnar and his Wolves go with the Wolf Guard in the Land Raider, except one PF Wolf Guard who goes in the Crusader with the Blood Claws. The Plasma GHs are for home objective holding, and they will hide in reserves in KP games.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Remember to put end dates on your polls when you post them.

*Date added*

Alzer.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

I'd say list 1. It's pretty hard to go wrong with 3 Demolisher Cannons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

I would have to say no.1 too.

I would have considered trimming the RP down a little, dropped some of the GH (maybe a squad) and instead put in some long fangs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately to do that I would have to drop a Vinidicator as well (can't have 4 heavy choices unfortunately!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the first list. Obviously the Vindicators will draw a lot of fire, and their range is rather short, so there's a higher chance that they will be destroyed before you can fire them at the targets you want. Keep that in mind, and deploy accordingly.

- Winter
    "How in the world does Vulkan gives allies tricked-out twin-linked weapons?!? Does he just happen to have a box of modified ones lying around in case friends show up?" - Marshal_Wilhelm "You mean like... Rent-a-flamer?" - Earthen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by bobdole4eva View Post
    Unfortunately to do that I would have to drop a Vinidicator as well (can't have 4 heavy choices unfortunately!)
    Opps. Counting to three is quite difficult...

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

first list is much much stronger, but i detest the amount of vindicators you have because of the many rhinos and wovles you have going into those areas. I would advise that you take some long fangs instead.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played many games with mec wolves and I can tell you that because of the fact that your units will have to get uo close and personal that longfangs outperform vindicators. I and some other experienced gamers worked out a 1500 point list for me to take to Gt- this is it.

8 Grey Hunters,power weapon, flamer,motw,rhino with extra armour=200-wolf guard with power fist and combi flamer=43
    8 Grey Hunters,power weapon, melta gun,motw,rhino with extra armour=205-wolf guard with power fist and combi melta =43
    8 Grey Hunters,power weapon, melta,motw, rhino with extra armour=190-wolf guard with power fist and combi melta=43
    Rune Priest, wolf tail talisman, wolf tooth necklace=115
    10 Grey Hunters,1 plasma-gun,flamer=150-wolf guard in terminator armour with cyclone missile launcher and power fist=73
    6 longfangs, plasma cannon,4 missile launchers=150
    6 longfangs, plasma cannon, 4 missile launchers=150joined by wg in power armour
    5 wolf Scouts, melta-bombs, motw,=115

This is basically your list but razorbacks instead of rhino's and longfangs instead of vindicators.

However if you want to keep the vindicators keep them but I would drop whatever your descision about the lists:

plasma pistol on rune priest- he should be using a pschic shooting attack anyway
    Change all plasma guns to melta guns and all combi plasma's to combi melta's.
    Last edited by Heimagoblin; January 8th, 2010 at 21:47.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Honestly, I still prefer your very 1st list:

Quote Originally Posted by bobdole4eva View Post
    Rune Priest - Chooser of the Slain [110]

3 Wolf Guard - 3 Powerfists [114]

9 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Powerfist, Wolf Standard, Rhino [225]

9 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Powerfist, Wolf Standard, Rhino [225]

TOTAL: [1499]

Only I would make the following changes (keeping the rest the same):

4 Wolf Guard - 1 Combi-flamer, 3 Combi-meltas, 4 Powerfists [172]

8 Grey Hunters - Flamer, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino [195] (RP here)

9 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Power Weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino [215]

Total - 1497pts.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast