1500 space wolves ( fun play and tourney list ) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 space wolves ( fun play and tourney list )

Hi,

I played salamanders before but I dicited to start another marine army ( stand alone chapter ) because of the fact that vulkan is a special or unique character and those guys are most of the times not allowed on a tournament. So I was always playing with vanilla salamander marines with nothing special anymore. So we have 4 options ( DA,BA,BT and the wolves ) I ll start with the wolves because they have a new dex and they are CQB marines just like salamnders. They can shoot and are not that bad in CC. The wolves can be played as footsloggers and are made to slog. I want to do something else like mech armies like everybody has one these days.

HQ

Wolf lord "dentonius" "the lost" 190pts
    ( Power armour,frost blade,bolt pistol,belt of russ,meltabom )
    Saga of warior born

Rune priest " ormus " 160pts
    ( master of the runes )
    Living lightning and stormcaller
    Saga of the beastslayer

TROOPS

10 greyhunters ( 2 x plasmagun and a wolfstandard ) 170pts
    10 greyhunters ( 2 x meltagun and a wolfstandard ) 165pts
    10 x bloodclaws 150pts

ELITES

wolfguard

" Larzuk " ( power armour,powerfist,boltpistol ) 38pts
    " bul-khatos " ( power armour,powerfist,boltpistol ) 38pts
    " qual-kehk " ( power armour,powerweapon,boltpistol ) 28pts

Lone wolf " reziarfg " ( power armour,thunder hammer,storm shield ) 80pts
    Lone wolf " zakarum " ( power armour, dual wolf claws, meltabom ) 65pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Land raider redeemer ( MM ) 250pts
    5 x long fangs ( 2 lascannons,2 plasma cannons ) 165pts

Wolf lord and wolf guard with power weapon will ride with the bloodclaws in the land raider. Other wolf gards will join the greyhunters and the rune priest will join also a greyhunter squad to give them cover with stormcaller. Lone wolves will be used tp crush transports or troop units , thunder hammer lone wolf can even kill special characters, I like them and its fun to convert those guys. Long fangs give fire support with the weapons that I like ( las for transports and plasma for MEQ )
    I will join a tournament in october this year ( I join that one each year ) with 1850 points so I will put some thunder wolves in this list if the models are released. So I have time to construct everything.

Shas'O dent'O r'myr cadre ( 1850pts ) ( O'shovah breakaway rules )
    Space wolves " dentonir " the red wolves company ( Canis wolf cavalry list, 1000pts )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

HQ

Wolf lord "dentonius" "the lost" 190pts
    ( Power armour,frost blade,bolt pistol,belt of russ,meltabom )
    Saga of warior born
    ok, bear in mind the saga can be regated if your opponent is not as so foolish to actually give you extra attacks by charging him in their assualt phase. plus you only need one hq choice.
    Rune priest " ormus " 160pts
    ( master of the runes )
    Living lightning and stormcaller
    Saga of the beastslayer
    i would think he is too expensive, you don't really need to fire off two spells every turn. i would stick in chooser of the slain for him, drop the rmaster of ruines and consider murderous hurricane as a second power as to storm caller, because you don't really need that 5+ cove save when you have cover. 5+ cover doesn't even help that must it's the +4 and lower that makes a difference. With the beastslayer vow, stick the guy in a squad if your scared of him getting instant killed and one most occasions he won't fight mounstrous creatures because he will get sqquished and you won't fulfill that oath 90% of the time. it's more of a points filler.

TROOPS

10 greyhunters ( 2 x plasmagun and a wolfstandard ) 170pts
    10 greyhunters ( 2 x meltagun and a wolfstandard ) 165pts
    10 x bloodclaws 150pts
    ok, but grey hunters work much better than BC, because you don't have to charge anything within 6 inches and forgoe shooting, which means you can't get baited as easily. Also your grey hutner squads need rhinos and you need a special weapon in their, don't rely on your wolf gaurd leaders to do all the work, just incase. But i would take in a power fist if your sticking to WG + PF or my favourite set up TH + Motw. Also i feel that 4 scoring unitsis the par for competitive play, but that's my play style.

ELITES

wolfguard

" Larzuk " ( power armour,powerfist,boltpistol ) 38pts
    " bul-khatos " ( power armour,powerfist,boltpistol ) 38pts
    " qual-kehk " ( power armour,powerweapon,boltpistol ) 28pts

Lone wolf " reziarfg " ( power armour,thunder hammer,storm shield ) 80pts
    Lone wolf " zakarum " ( power armour, dual wolf claws, meltabom ) 65pts
    ok, everything good, but lone wolves. they will be useless in objective missions and a waste of points. even if you had terminator which would change my opinion, but not by much. The lone wolves points are better spent elsewhere like on TWC cavalry if you still want the punch and lone wolf feeling.
    HEAVY SUPPORT

Land raider redeemer ( MM ) 250pts
    5 x long fangs ( 2 lascannons,2 plasma cannons ) 165pts
    I would go with rhino rush, because it's the most competitive in my opinion. you lack anti-av14 at the minute and more long fangs with 2x lascannons would help. I also see your idea with the plasma cannons, but i would go with missile launchers for more non av-14 tank busting. plus they don't kill you own men!. The most effective long fang anti-tank and anti-mc combo ( or anti anything in my opinion ) is 2x lascannon and 3x missile launcher.

If you don't want to rely on lascannons for your anti-av 14. then add speeders with multi-meltas ( add heavy flamers on them if you want abit more anti-horde or anti-genestealer.

hope that helps!

thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

+ Reply to Thread