1000 Point pure SoB - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point pure SoB

HQ
    Cannoness
    Jump pack, Cloak, Evicerator

Fast Attack
    Dominion Squad x10
    VSS w/book and Bazier of holy fire, 4x flamer
    Rhino, Smoke

Troop
    Battle Sisters x10
    VSS w/book, Flamer, heavy flamer
    Rhino, Smoke

Battle Sisters x10
    VSS w/book, 2x Melta
    Rhino, Smoke

Heavy Support
    Retributor x6
    VSS, 3x Heavy Bolters

Exorcist

I want to try out having the dominion squad pulling up and unloading 5 flamers with divine guidance. On paper it seems like delicious AP1 flaming goodness. I play mostly against SM, Orcs and IG, so I think Large amount of flamers would work against all of them. I was wondering though if I should take out the retributors and put in serephim instead. I was thinking the retributors could hang around objectives or the exorcist and keep people at bay.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

For the Dominions, I would drop the brazier and go with a combi-flamer and replace two flamers with meltas. Four flamer templates is indeed a lot of fire, but it's also hard to place 4 templates without clipping a friendly. Might also be good to get some seras and put your Cannoness with them until she's ready to do her own thing. Just more protection. Also, I think she'd do better with an inferno pistol a BS5 melta shot is a bit more reliable then a S6 Evicerator, also a book on her is a must.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

I ran 1000pts recently in an Escalation league. Here's my recommendation for that point level:

1000pt WH force for Esc. league
    Cannoness 122pts
    Jump pack, Cloak of St. Aspria, frags, Bolt pistol, Blessed weapon, book of St. Lucius
    Celestians (4Celestians, Vet. Sister Superior w/book of St. Lucius) 173pts
    Immolator (Smoke, Extra Armor)
    Battle Sisters (7bolters, 1Hflamer, 1Melta, 1Vet Superior w/book of St. Lucius) 209pts
    Rhino(Smoke, E. Armor)
    Battle Sisters (7bolters, 1Hflamer, 1Melta, 1Vet Superior w/book of St. Lucius) 209pts
    Rhino(Smoke, E. Armor)
    Exorcist (E. Armor) 140pts
    total: 993pts

you could put Meltabombs on the cannoness and spotlights on all of the rhinos to get to even 1000pt.

2 exorcists at 1000pt are very good.

I recommend the Celestian squad with Meltas in an immo over the big dominion squad. don't get out if you don't have to. If you need Melta, you can still move 6" and melta with twin-linked Hflamer backup.
    I also recommend the Hflamer/melta loadout now. it gives threats to multiple things, and makes losing one squads transports not too big an issue
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by farmpunk View Post
    I recommend the Celestian squad with Meltas in an immo over the big dominion squad. don't get out if you don't have to. If you need Melta, you can still move 6" and melta with twin-linked Hflamer backup.
    I also recommend the Hflamer/melta loadout now. it gives threats to multiple things, and makes losing one squads transports not too big an issue
    I second this emotion.

Aggies for 40k - PM me for details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by farmpunk View Post
    I ran 1000pts recently in an Escalation league. Here's my recommendation for that point level:

1000pt WH force for Esc. league
    Cannoness 122pts
    Jump pack, Cloak of St. Aspria, frags, Bolt pistol, Blessed weapon, book of St. Lucius
    Celestians (4Celestians, Vet. Sister Superior w/book of St. Lucius) 173pts
    Immolator (Smoke, Extra Armor)
    Rhino(Smoke, E. Armor)
    Rhino(Smoke, E. Armor)
    total: 993pts

you could put Meltabombs on the cannoness and spotlights on all of the rhinos to get to even 1000pt.

2 exorcists at 1000pt are very good.

I dont really understand why you have a squad of celestians with no weapons in an immolator??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

oops, they had 2 meltaguns. I missed that one.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

+ Reply to Thread